02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

PSVR HDMI help

[ Edited ]
182 Replies 101,479 Views edited 13-10-2016
13 Oct 2016
By Johnybones23

So i set up my vr but when i turn it on the vr headset displays an hdmi symbol with an x and a box and thats it i have triple chrcked the connections all is good amd the wires work any one has this issue or can help me?

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

KingGobbo

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
KingGobbo
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

Please make sure you're using the HDMI supplied with your PSVR to connect your PS4 to your processor unit, not your processor unit to your TV.

Thanks.

KG

(Marked as accepted solution for visibility purposes)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FATROBDENABY

30%
02 Rank
Progress
FATROBDENABY
Accepted Solution

Could anyone help me I've been trying for past 2 days for the vr to work its been working and I've just had it working but It keeps disconnecting from the hdmi and I've literally tried everything the internet has said besides from sending it back and i know it's not the PlayStation because that comes on

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JacobGgamer

43%
02 Rank
Progress
JacobGgamer
Accepted Solution

A few days ago my pace worked perfectly but right after Christmas it began having this problem I've not contacted Sony yet but have used all the tips so far on the forum, any other tips for help as I've already had to but 2 psvr's due to problems

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FATROBDENABY

30%
02 Rank
Progress
FATROBDENABY
FATROBDENABY
Accepted Solution

It has also made my PS4 keep losing connection with the hdmi without the ps vr plugged into the PS4 

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FATROBDENABY

30%
02 Rank
Progress
FATROBDENABY
FATROBDENABY
Accepted Solution

And Every time my PS4 comes on my tv now says this and the screen stays blank and it never did before the vr was plugged inIMG_1648.JPG

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheDevil666

23%
02 Rank
Progress
TheDevil666
Accepted Solution

If using an old Ps4 “DO NOT USE” the hdmi wire that comes with the VR. The old Ps4 will not recognize it and you will get the hdmi error. I actually tried it directly from Ps4 to tv and it would not work. Used my personal hdmi wires and it all worked wonderful. Sony you need to stop trying to be Apple. You can’t upgrade something like that and hope the error forces us to go buy new systems. I have an original Ps4. And it’s still running great. I upgraded my hard drive myself as well. And that just shows why won’t is better than Xbox with product quality. So again don’t hurt your rep suggesting people get a PS4 pro to solve an hdmi error. 

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

alexdaboss2004

22%
02 Rank
Progress
alexdaboss2004
Accepted Solution

This may help... I removed the hdmi cable connecting any part of the whole thing to the tv. The tv screen became black, but the vr started working

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NathanielDJ

23%
02 Rank
Progress
NathanielDJ
Accepted Solution

Every time I unplug the ps4 while it is on so it has to restart it will work on both but no other time will it work on both yet on the other tv it used to be used on it would work fine

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Gingerbreadster8
Accepted Solution

Hi, 

So I have had my PlayStation VR for almost 3 months and it has been working until now. It says hdmi unplugged. What should I do?

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Moriih

37%
02 Rank
Progress
Moriih
Accepted Solution

Hello I got my psvr today  I laid everything  on the ground and read everything  in manual I also double checked It worked only when setting  it up the camera  thing but then it stopped i did it 5 times now and it still doesn't  work  it says the HDMI  thing 

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Oros1976

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Oros1976
Accepted Solution

Check this link explains if you use your Vr for cinematic mode and cant use it when you change to vr mode with the classic hdmi error , used the tip that those guys said to do and never had the same problem again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKQDyY0AgZ0

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Olorgan

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Olorgan
Accepted Solution

Hi,

You should check the cable that goes from the VR console to your TV. The HDMI problem has to do with the frame transfer rate of the HDMI cable that you are using. Check this video for more details: https://youtu.be/uKQDyY0AgZ0

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Olorgan

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Olorgan
Moriih
Accepted Solution

Hi,

You should check the cable that goes from the VR console to your TV. The HDMI problem has to do with the frame transfer rate of the HDMI cable that you are using. Check this video for more details: https://youtu.be/uKQDyY0AgZ0

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Olorgan

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Olorgan
alexdaboss2004
Accepted Solution

Hi,

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BryceyBoyyy

26%
02 Rank
Progress
BryceyBoyyy
Accepted Solution

So I bought the new PS VR V2 and when I got home and set it up I only got the display on the headset and not on my TV it didn't matter  whether  the processor unit was turned on or off the new version is capable of 4K pass through though I was getting no signal to my TV at all I tried swapping out multiple HDMI cables nothing worked spent half an hour on the phone to PlayStation he said it was my TV's fault or the HDMI cables fault and wanted me to ring LG TV about it I ended up taking the whole set back to The Game Store where I bought it and they swapped everything over when I got home and set the new one up it worked instantly so there must be a problem with the processor unit in some of them hope this helps

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheUnderwoods

29%
02 Rank
Progress
TheUnderwoods
Accepted Solution

My daughter helped me to set-up the VR and when we received the same HDMI symbol in the headset view my daughter simply swapped over the cables in the back of the VR box and it worked!

Down side, I have yet to work out how to get a signal from the PS4 to the TV when I need a break from the VR.  But we only bought it yesterday (25th/11/2018) and I'm sure we will sort it given more time (I have a spare HDMI cable if I need it).

Hope I have been of help,

Martin Underwood

aka TheUnderwoods

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheUnderwoods

29%
02 Rank
Progress
TheUnderwoods
TheUnderwoods
Accepted Solution

Post Script:

We found the solution to our problem (re: signal from VR processor to the TV) was a simple case of the HDMI cable had been pulled out of the VR processor!

So my recommendation with the HDMI report in the VR glasses is to swap cable sockets in the processor and if you fail to get a signal to the TV, swap the HDMI socket of the feed to TV (any one but the HDR socket) and check the HDMI lead is still plugged into the processor unit.

It worked for us!

Regards,

Martin Underwood

aka TheUnderwoods

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JuneGaskell

26%
02 Rank
Progress
JuneGaskell
Accepted Solution

My PS4 br does not work speckled picture and cutting off no signal not sure what it is could you please help me

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

I_AM_G_FORCE

34%
02 Rank
Progress
I_AM_G_FORCE
Accepted Solution

What an insult "check the cables"

There is obviously a real problem here. I have 2 ps4s one is my friends one mine it works on his but said no HDMI on mine we are using THE SAME CABLES YOU MUGS  I won't be buying one as I can't be sure my PS4 will work with it

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JJ-68_NE

65%
02 Rank
Progress
JJ-68_NE
Accepted Solution

Same here!

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marc-e-b

63%
02 Rank
Progress
Marc-e-b
Accepted Solution

Unfortunately I am also having this same issue! Tried everything from un-plugging the lot, making sure the cables are correctly connected and even plugging the headset directly into the processor box, my software updates are all new also.

0 Kudos

PSVR HDMI help

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheShoes

20%
02 Rank
Progress
TheShoes