stillwater53189

56%
02 Rank
Progress

PSVR HDMI output to TV does not work

101 Replies 74,638 Views Created 13-10-2016
13 Oct 2016
By stillwater53189

PSVR works great, I have all the cords setup correctly (checked 4 times), however the graphics controller is not sending a signal to the TV so I can view what's going inside the PSVR visor simultaneously. 

Any suggestions?

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

nephyo_clef

55%
02 Rank
Progress
nephyo_clef
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem as most of you but I have a partial solution that worked for me. I could only see the screen in the PSVR headset and not on the TV. All my hdmi cables say "high speed" so it shouldn't matter, but I tried multiple cables anyway and it didn't help. I also tried multiple ports.  I also have a Mitsubishi DLP style TV as another user mentioned.

What helped for me was going to the PS4   Settings -> System -> Enable HDCP and turning it off.  This immediately made the screen image appear on the TV again at the same time as the headset. My guess is this will work great for playing PSVR games and letting other people watch and I can still use my PS4 to play games on the television normally too. Only problem is some apps require HDCP including netflix, hulu, amazon, and spotify. So I can turn off HDCP and use those services in the headset or turn on HDCP to do any gaming but I can't use those services on the Television without completely disconnecting the PSVR.  

I tried updating the firmware on my Mitsubishi WD-60C10 to the latest version but it didn't help any. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do now other than buy a new TV or wait and hope for Sony to issue a software patch that fixes it. But if the problem is with my TV not being compatible with the latest copy protection I'm not sure if there's anything Sony can do to help.

Stupid DRM strikes again I guess. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

stillwater53189

56%
02 Rank
Progress
stillwater53189
nephyo_clef
Accepted Solution

I tried this, didn't work. Also tried different output resolutions in the PS4, still does not work.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ebaez12

75%
02 Rank
Progress
ebaez12
nephyo_clef
Accepted Solution

You're the man! It worked for me. I disabled the HDCP and Voila!  I ordered high speed hdmi cable for nothing. I thought it had to do with the cables. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

stillwater53189

56%
02 Rank
Progress
stillwater53189
Accepted Solution

I called playstation at 1-800-345-7669, they were very helpful... I ended up getting it fixed. The only thing I didnt try is moving the PS4 and PSVR to a different TV. Once I did that, the TV came up with no issues. At this point, I wouldnt strongly encourage everyone to update the firmwares on their TV's.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dasha3474

52%
02 Rank
Progress
Dasha3474
stillwater53189
Accepted Solution

I have tried it on three TV's 1/ 4K TV 2/ 50" Smart TV 3/ LCD 36" about 10 years old but still with no luck in getting the set to work, it still displays   X-HDMI.

Also bought new HDMI good quality leads too.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Fastbuck

79%
02 Rank
Progress
The_Fastbuck
Dasha3474
Accepted Solution

yeah they're two different problems. with the launch ps4 issue you don't get a picture in the headset and the tv. if you only have problems displaying the social screen on the tv it's either a faulty hdmi cable from the box to the tv or the tv will need an update.

sony still have to say something about the problem that some launch ps4s can't display anything when connected to the box, making the headset a expensive paperweight right now.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fishoholic29

25%
02 Rank
Progress
fishoholic29
stillwater53189
Accepted Solution

What kind of tv did u change 2

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Doof057

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Doof057
Accepted Solution

Same problem. Used the hdmi cable that is working for the visor and no output to tv. Very annoying. Can't play regular games either without swapping cables?  That's BS. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

burundanga666

61%
02 Rank
Progress
burundanga666
Accepted Solution

Somebody can fix the problem with the hdmi signal? I have the "launch day"ps4 and still no working for me... This is ridiculous Sony. Any solution ? More than 600€ used on the vr, moves, games etc.. All for nothing. PLEASE SONY, GIVE US AN ANSWER.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jah_Nix

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Jah_Nix
burundanga666
Accepted Solution

Hey Mate - I had very interesting things happen which have led me to doing very interesting things with a Multimeter and HDCP stripper, oscillator and a few other cool nerdy tech toys.

Confirmed by Sony Tech - you need a minimum of a HDMI 1.3 cable to function, I personally believe the signal is carried better over the HDMI 2.0 spec cable. PS4 Launch day units (which I assumed to be 1.3 but are actually 1.2) fail miserably at this.

We can all Thank HDCP for the blank TV's and failed decodes... Great idea in theory... But has caused more trouble for companies like Apple and Sony who just want it to work...

0 Kudos

I'm a ... type o guy...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Fastbuck

79%
02 Rank
Progress
The_Fastbuck
Jah_Nix
Accepted Solution

i just discovered this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/586uhf/psvr_customer_support_is_great_d which reports that sony support recommended a hdmi 1.3 cable for launch ps4s. i've ordered one for 2 bucks and will report tomorrow. anyway i now also have rented a pretty new ps4 system (build date 5D) and it's now setting up. it's already showing a picture through the processing unit so i'm already miles further than i've been with my launch ps4. this is with all the same cable configuration by the way.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Doof057

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Doof057
Accepted Solution

Turn off HDCP in system settings (uncheck it - it is checked by default). It is now displaying on both screens. That fixed the problem for me where image was not displaying on the tv. I have always been able to see what was in the VR visor.  You might have to re-enable hdcp for some apps to work (movies maybe?). 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jah_Nix

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Jah_Nix
Doof057
Accepted Solution

HDCP... it's caused me so many nightmares over the years on many devices and I knew immediately it was causing some of my issues by screen flashing. Ive no spent 2 nights testing cables, splicing signals and reading oscillators and multimeters....

Id say Sony got good prototypes but the mass producer is putting out garbage cables and or PCBs...

ive really only just begun to strip this thing (I really just wanted to be playing it) thanks for the HDCP tip...

ill look more around settings tonight (I have never noticed it before on the PS4 menu and all my Blu rays are ripped to my home server so movies is no problem)...

I'm a ... type o guy...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jah_Nix

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Jah_Nix
Accepted Solution

I'll try and post a video tonight of the intermittent issues being replicated and a solution.

If I have time, I'll also do the HDCP thing for you all...

I'll defend the beast that is Sony, cause it'll be manufacturing defects, but I'll also chop the beasts head off and say, MANUFACTURE IN A FIRST WORLD COUNTRY WITH REAL QA NEXT TIME.

If engineers were that stupid to not beta this thing on Launch PS4's and the like, we are the idiots for supporting a company with poor R&D. This is a very unlikely scenario (not impossible, just unlikely) so I look at Manufacturing defects in the USB combo Jack... Stupid, Stupid, Stupid design and obviously, implementation.

I'm a ... type o guy...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ADDankz

21%
02 Rank
Progress
ADDankz
Accepted Solution

I'm having the same issue 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ladym123

24%
02 Rank
Progress
ladym123
Accepted Solution

Same for me I'm furious! Got mine today and booked tomorrow off work to play this *****! 

I have a black screen with an intermittent flicker of white screen. Headset says to plug HDMI cable in to tv. I have tried a few different cables and ports and switched them with PS4 etc etc but nothing works? Have no picture on tv or headset. 

My samsung tv is pretty old do I need a new tv too? On TOP of the small fortunes I paid for the headset, camera, games! This is turning out to be a money pit! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ladym123

24%
02 Rank
Progress
ladym123
Accepted Solution

Ok I did the HDCP thing and it worked yay!

However now I have another problem... I feel sick as a dog and have a headache lol!  Nooo! I hope I'm not gonna be the one who can't play this cos of motion sickness the whole time 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dasha3474

52%
02 Rank
Progress
Dasha3474
Accepted Solution

What's happening Sony? It has been just over a week now since the launch & we still do not have any fixes yet!!! I know this must be a headache from Sony but you would think with all their tech support they would have some type of answer as to what may be causing such a large problem, even if they don't have an answer for it yet. 

I have noticed that this problem is all over the world not just here in Aus so as for the Support team telling me they had not had many calls on this issue I think someone is either very badly informed or just telling us everything???????????????????? 

One still very unhappy & frustrated customer.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fluggy2013

45%
02 Rank
Progress
fluggy2013
Accepted Solution

Set mine up today and it worked like a dream, displaying perfect on TV too.  Started testing it with Wii U/Android Box... worked great. Switched it back to PS4 and wont display on TV now. Pain in the butt. Been experimenting for 4 hours and no joy. Prob is I cant play on tele now without switching cables around. Anyone solved this yet?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SamFinland87

64%
02 Rank
Progress
SamFinland87
fluggy2013
Accepted Solution

Swich the hdcp setting on then you can shutdown the psvr and voila allso if the hdcp setting is off propably can't watch netflix etc.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

somme_uk

24%
02 Rank
Progress
somme_uk
Accepted Solution

After 2 weeks with everything working great I woke up to have to exact problem. No picture on the TV. :/

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel