42%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Playstation VR tilted view

142 Replies 39,478 Views Created 07-04-2017
07 Apr 2017
By GATOxVoS

So ever since I've gotten my PSVR, the view has always been tilted to where the floor in games is leaning down towards my right side. This also happens with the main menu screen, as it too is tilted to the right. Is there any way to recalibrate the headset, or fix this issue? Resetting your view does not work, and I went through all the main options given under the "Devices" section in "settings."

Is the gyro in the headset just faulty?

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Please use our PlayStation online service tool to help fix this issue. If it doesn't manage to sort it for you then it will at least give you information on how to contact us to get it resolved!

Thanks

https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ab_tremonti

50%
02 Rank
Progress
ab_tremonti
Accepted Solution

Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I've had my unit for a few days and it was fine until tonight when I started having issues with it tilted down and to the right while in cinematic mode. The only fix I've found so far is to go into the VR settings menu and choose the small screen option. That should recenter it and it should stay centered if you then choose the medium or large screen setting. However, if I go from medium to large or large to medium the tilt returns. But always seems to level out if I go back to small before switching between large or medium. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ghost2000uk

86%
02 Rank
Progress
Ghost2000uk
Accepted Solution

Having same problem except mine tilts down on the left. Going to small screen then back to medium levels it up but as soon as you do an option re-centre the tilt returns. Seems we are not alone with this. COME ON SONY ..YOU READ THESE FORUMS SO WHAT ABOUT A REPLY AND A FIX ????????

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SKYWALKER230381

64%
02 Rank
Progress
SKYWALKER230381
Ghost2000uk
Accepted Solution

Hello mate I have been having this problem for a month or so, did you manage to find a fix for it?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ghost2000uk

86%
02 Rank
Progress
Ghost2000uk
SKYWALKER230381
Accepted Solution

Hi mate sorry its took a while to get back on here but I have found a fix that works for me.....I bought a ps4 pro , had it a few weeks now and so far my screen has stayed level....I am hoping it stays like that but...and a big but.. now I have the dreaded psvr/pro screen/sound dropouts....having the pro has greatly improved psvr but the intermittent black screens have taken over the tilted screen...I would pull my hair out but I haven't got much left...heheheheheheh

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Mulletino

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Mulletino
Accepted Solution

Your camera isn't on the wonk?

Also check there are no light sources behind/near you that it could be picking up.

0 Kudos

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ghost2000uk

86%
02 Rank
Progress
Ghost2000uk
Accepted Solution

Have tried moving the camera from the top of the tv to the bottom, made sure its level . Gone through all the settings a few times. I have had my vr since launch and have only noticed this since the update . If you google psvr crooked or tilted screen you will see we are not alone with this problem. There are a few that have had their vr units replaced and the problem is still there  Like I said before using the small screen fix that ab_tremonti and a few others have suggested does fix the tilt by moving your head and levelling up but when you return to medium size as soon as you have to re centre using the options button the tilt returns. As for light sources that would give you drift or shudder this is a totally different problem.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ab_tremonti

50%
02 Rank
Progress
ab_tremonti
Ghost2000uk
Accepted Solution

I can live with it, but it's annoying when I read that a lot of others are having this issue as well, yet I still can't find anyone with a permanent solution.  I wonder if it's software or faulty hardware. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ghost2000uk

86%
02 Rank
Progress
Ghost2000uk
ab_tremonti
Accepted Solution

I thought it was a new problem as I hadn't noticed it before unless it was there and has got worse since the update. Now I have its annoying the hell out of me. What makes it worse is when you switch to the small screen and level it up then go back to medium and then re centre you see an instant tilt and how bad it really is . I might have to bite the bullet and contact sony on the ***** turpin daylight robbery phone tech line.......I don't want to have to return it because they send out used units as a replacement . You never know we might get a Sony tech rep that obviously reads these to reply in the next millennium ! 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RizlaManXUS

50%
02 Rank
Progress
RizlaManXUS
Ghost2000uk
Accepted Solution

Hi, just wanted to add that I've had exactly your same experience. The only difference is that I've always been on new fw, because I bought the headset one month ago and it updated as soon as I connected it.

Didn't notice any screen tilting until a two or three days ago... I'm almost sure it wasn't there before, something must have happened but I can't remember any particular event, surely not a system update.

I too have read of people still having the issue after a replacement, which is weird and seems to suggest that the problem is in the console, or possibly in the external box (would be nice to know if it was replaced with the headset).

Another weird thing is that the issue seems to disappear as soon as a proper VR game is started, but there are exceptions (Polybius for me is tilted, it's apparent in the title screen and in the in-game GUI).

I'm afraid our only hope is a system update that allows to calibrate the horizontal alignment (much like the small-screen trick that you've mentioned).

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kinggeoffmo

62%
02 Rank
Progress
Kinggeoffmo
Accepted Solution

Just wanted to chime in that I am having the same issue. Launch unit, just recently started tilting counterclockwise. The switch screen size to small then back to medium does fix it until you reset the view with the options button. For me it also reverts to the tilt if I try to go to large screen after small or medium. 

I am trying to live with it but damn is it ever noticeable. If anyone figures out a permanent fix for this one they will be a hero. 

For me the tilt began after the new firmware when I tried changing screen sizes. I used to have it on large with no problems. After the firmware update I tried the small screen, when I tried to go back to large screen, I noticed the tilt. I started searching online for a solution when I noticed it wasn't going away after multiple reboots and calibrations. Really is a shame. Might try doing some tests to see if the issue is present with a friend's headset plugged into my breakout box and ps4. Hopefully we can at least figure out if it is a software or hardware issue, or if it is tied to a headset or console. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LeGo62950

83%
02 Rank
Progress
LeGo62950
Accepted Solution

Hi everybody,

I have exactly the same issues and it is really annoying...

I manage to fix it once using PS4 Safe Mode > Rebuild database...

But, as the quick fix with the screen size, the picture rotated again :(

I'am gonna try the headset on an other system tomorrow but please Sony, do something to fix this or to make available for the user to calibrate the picture rotation manually...

Thanks in advance for any answer!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

omgamn1021

42%
02 Rank
Progress
omgamn1021
Accepted Solution

All of sudden the view in my head set has tilted down to the right. Re -centering no longer fixes this issue. All y games are tilted and very difficult to play, as every movement is exaggerated to one side. Anyone have a perment fix...is the Software the issue? FYI just received last week and worked perfectly until last evening.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ghost2000uk

86%
02 Rank
Progress
Ghost2000uk
Accepted Solution

Thanks for all the comments...still haven't found a fix for this .By the amount of views this thread is getting my guess is its a big problem. The more people that make it known might influence Sony into doing something. One can only hope.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gekvitat01

68%
02 Rank
Progress
gekvitat01
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem since 2 months. The image is tilted down to the left. I own the headset since December 2016 and had no issues before.
Recalibrating the headset and the camera, moving the cameras position or updating to version 2.50 did not help.

It is very frustrating and i havn't bought any new VR games since then and i am not planning to if the problem persists.

I would appreciate it if Sony would add a calibration option for the horizontal line in one of their future updates.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DJFelipeBurns

44%
02 Rank
Progress
DJFelipeBurns
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DJFelipeBurns

44%
02 Rank
Progress
DJFelipeBurns
Accepted Solution

I just have the same issue guys. After owning my ps vr for 1 month this has started happening. I've tried everything I found on the internet to no avail. Sony, PLEASE add the feature to calibrate the horizontal position of the headset in future updates, it is driving me insane!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Omega_Yeti

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Omega_Yeti
Accepted Solution

I had a similar issue and tried all sorts of things posted online.  The following worked for me:

1.  Put vr screen size on small.  2. Power off ps4 system and psvr.  3.  Pull plug on ps4 and psvr for a minute.  4.  Plug in power and turn on ps4 and psvr.  5. Switch to medium vr screen size with the controller hid behind your back.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LeGo62950

83%
02 Rank
Progress
LeGo62950
Omega_Yeti
Accepted Solution

Did not work for me. At any time, if you recalibrate using a long press on the option button, the view is titled again... :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LeGo62950

83%
02 Rank
Progress
LeGo62950
LeGo62950
Accepted Solution

Just after my answer, I restarted with the installation of the update 4.70, after another reboot, it is now working properly. I don't known exactly how nor for how long it will be ok but we will see...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SKYWALKER230381

64%
02 Rank
Progress
SKYWALKER230381
Accepted Solution

Hey guys I am also experiencing PSVR problems. My screen also has a constant tilt about 20 degrees down to the left. It has only happened a month or so ago which makes me think if it is a software issue? Does anyone have a fix or any idea to what it could be? I've tried all of the calibration setting and even unplugged the vr to no avail.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel