24%
02 Rank
Progress

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

17 Replies 4,958 Views Created 14-03-2012
14 Mar 2012
By Count-Sven

Hey People,

I've seen that GTA: VCS is in de PSN Store of the Vita. But nothing say's it's compatible with PSVita. GTA: China Town Wars says: compatible with PSVita and PSP. Now, can i play this game or not? Because i really want a GTA on my Vita. If not, i download China Town Wars.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

McDaymo

87%
04 Rank
Progress
McDaymo
Accepted Solution

Vice city stories works no problem , I purchased off the store as soon as I spotted it :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Re: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Royston99

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Royston99
Accepted Solution
as McDaymo says, works a charm... graphically it seems to me at least quite poor in comparison to Chinatown Wars (seems more pixelated imo), but still... its GTA!
0 Kudos

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle, PSVR Day 1, PS4 Pro Day 1 #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

Yes, I can confirm it works... ;) .... damn forklift mission is my first hurdle... :P ... brings back old PSP GTA memories, lol.... just a shame you can't configure the right stick for camera, like a Vita or PS3 game would use..

0 Kudos

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tylorh

22%
02 Rank
Progress
tylorh
Accepted Solution
Playstation really needs to make a firmware where you can map the right stick to (left stick + L). It would help this game along with ac bloodlines.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kavoul

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Kavoul
Accepted Solution

How are you guys finding GTA in the PSN Store for the Vita?  I can't find it when I look.  I have a U.S. account?  Is it just not available in the U.S. store?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

@Kavoul wrote:

How are you guys finding GTA in the PSN Store for the Vita?  I can't find it when I look.  I have a U.S. account?  Is it just not available in the U.S. store?

No Idea we are in Europe here.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

pressmyfoot

• Beta Tester
91%
05 Rank
Progress
pressmyfoot
Accepted Solution
VCS looks blurry on vita.

Chinatown is the better game.

pmf (in my humble..)
0 Kudos

photo pmfbik-2.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AlexAtkinUK

86%
05 Rank
Progress
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

I disagree, I was never a big fan of the original GTA games top down format. 

I just used to do the first couple of missions and drive around getting GOURANGA, then get bored.

I much prefer the third-person format.

I haven't seen any PSP game running on my Vita look any worse than it did on my PSP either.  They were pixelated on the PSP, they are pixelated on the Vita.  But on Vita you don't get the horribly slow pixel response, dull colours, and left thumb falling off after 10 seconds of play, of the PSP.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

I thought Chinatown Wars was a bit 'try hard' tbh... it just never felt like a Rockstar North game (it was done by Rockstar Leeds) much like the Crash and Ratchet games lost their way when passed on to other parties..

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PolyEvolver

46%
02 Rank
Progress
PolyEvolver
Accepted Solution

I bought VCS the day I got the Vita and I have to say I sucks. Having been a fan of the GTA series on ALL Playstation consoles I was eager to check it out on the Vita, knowing it was the PSP version of course. I looks poor and plays badly. Not mapping the right analogue stick was a disaster in my opinion. I was truly wounded by it, yeah the music is still great and in fairness it sounds much better on the vita than PSP but I'm still disappointed with it. Sadly I can't bring myself to delete it from my memory card even at 1.7Gb as I paid the cash for it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Royston99

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Royston99
Accepted Solution
Poly - did you play it on the PSP before?

I think the 2 GTA Stories games are great on the PSP, and still play well on the Vita. graphically, i find they are more pixelated than i remember, but still good GTA games.
0 Kudos

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle, PSVR Day 1, PS4 Pro Day 1 #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AlexAtkinUK

86%
05 Rank
Progress
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

Like I said, it may be more pixelated than you "remember" but I have compared them side by side, Vita and PSP. 

They look identical apart from the fact the Vita screen doesn't lag horribly like my PSP screen, the awesome vibrant colours on the Vita and the analog stick being so much more comrortable.

As for it not using the right analog stick, that is nobodies fault.  PSP games aren't converted to support the right analog stick on Vita, it simply can be mapped to buttons the PSP had.  If the game didn't use those buttons for the camera, then the right stick cannot be used for the camera, plain and simple.

Adding support for the right analog stick natively would be re-writing the game code to support it and adding additional functions to the PSP emulator, which costs money and can cause compatibility issues.  So its perfectly understandable that they wouldn't do that.

Its the the same on the 3DS, the analog slider is not supported in DS games other than duplicating what the d-pad does.  At least on Vita we get a choice of which buttons it replicates.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

@PolyEvolver wrote:

I bought VCS the day I got the Vita and I have to say I sucks. Having been a fan of the GTA series on ALL Playstation consoles I was eager to check it out on the Vita, knowing it was the PSP version of course. I looks poor and plays badly. Not mapping the right analogue stick was a disaster in my opinion. I was truly wounded by it, yeah the music is still great and in fairness it sounds much better on the vita than PSP but I'm still disappointed with it. Sadly I can't bring myself to delete it from my memory card even at 1.7Gb as I paid the cash for it.

Not Rockstar's fault the right stick can't be remapped... There is no custom remapping for PSP right stick controls.. you have three options, map the right stick to the left stick, dpad or face buttons... as GTAVC does not use dpad or face buttons for traditonal right stick camera movement, then you can't use the right stick for camera..

Nothing unique there... Splinter Cell on the Vita is the same... Only the likes of Resistance Retribution, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and I assume the Syphon Filter games can have a proper right stick remap.

As for the way it looks and plays.. it's been a while, but I always thought LCS looked better than III and VCS looked better than VC... but I could be wrong on that.... You are asking a bit much if you were expecting the gameplay and visuals of San Andreas..

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

omalimanne

21%
02 Rank
Progress
omalimanne
Accepted Solution
Who ever has gta vice city stories add me as a friend on psn I'm omalimali so we can play multiplayer
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

feedthefishy

97%
04 Rank
Progress
feedthefishy
Accepted Solution

So is this just a upscaled PSP port? also is there any Trophy support?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Rudiimentalist

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Rudiimentalist
Accepted Solution
No trophy support, it's just the PSP version. Excellent game though, well worth the purchase on Vita.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Akirikolos

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Akirikolos
Accepted Solution
i am nigerian how can fund my account to purchase games because my country card is not acceptable.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel