By LordRoss

LordRoss

• Online Support

PlayStation Vita Pets

[ Edited ]
16 Replies 5,065 Views edited 12-05-2014
12 May 2014
By LordRoss

The ultra-fun next generation in virtual pet adventures is pawing its way onto PS Vita.

Coming out on 4th June to be precise.

PlayStation Vita Pets_Logo_Colour

The pets will respond to your own voice and face whilst you teach them tricks :smileyhappy:

You can also take them on a real life walk using the augmented reality technology of the PlayStation Vita.

Solve puzzles with them, go on exciting adventures or just play around with them.  Will you be treating your Vita to a Pet, PlayStation Vita Pets?

Here is a brief description of the game from the Creative Director at Spiral House

PlayStation Vita Pets is no ordinary pet game! We’ve done our best to really make this feel like a PlayStation game – with ‘game’ being the important word there. We set out to make something that was more than just a pet sim – we wanted to make something that felt like a real game, with characters, fun and adventure, so that’s exactly what we did.

We also wanted to focus on the dogs themselves, which may seem an obvious thing to say, but making them move, act and speak (!) in a very convincing way for the scope of the game we had in mind, was not easy.

In the game you pick from four different puppies, each with their own personality, sense of humour and character traits. Together you and your new friend will be able to do all the things you would do with a real dog or in any other pet sim but in PlayStation Vita Pets we allow you to go further! Once you’ve gotten to know each other and learned the skills needed to venture outside the safety of your home you’ll be able to embark (no pun intended) on the adventure of Castlewood Island!

PlayStation Vita Pets Adventure Screen 06

That’s right; outside of the home where you dress, bath, play with and train your dog is a whole island of adventure to explore and puzzles to solve. Together you’ll be able to explore a massive forest, venture into multiple locations like spooky old mines and graveyards to ultimately make your way to the legendary castle in the centre of the island. 

PlayStation Vita Pets Home Screen 04

PlayStation Vita Pets Home Screen 01

Like we said before, there is also a whole pet sim element to the game, all the things you would expect to be there and more will be included, bathing, dressing up, training, learning tricks, stroking, feeding, walking, and much more! 

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rikkusarah

80%
02 Rank
Progress
rikkusarah
Accepted Solution

zomg excite!

HIPPO DOG!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Vita Pets

some_text

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

nx13

99%
06 Rank
Progress
nx13
Accepted Solution
As the no.1 Nintendog fan back in the day, I'm strangely excited for this.. this is not normal for a teenage boy.. help me.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

nx13 wrote:
As the no.1 Nintendog fan back in the day, I'm strangely excited for this.. this is not normal for a teenage boy.. help me.

I expect pictures of your dog when you get this @nx13 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

polocool246

84%
02 Rank
Progress
polocool246
Accepted Solution
Feeling is strangely mutual, I used to love this game! :')
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

VitalogyPJ

• Award Winner
99%
06 Rank
Progress
VitalogyPJ
Accepted Solution

@LordRoss Can you share the price? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

@VitalogyPJ wrote:

@LordRoss Can you share the price? Thanks.

I think it's around €29.99.

Should find out later today the confirmed price as well as the price in pound sterling lol. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

lizziebear66

• Beta Tester
94%
07 Rank
Progress
lizziebear66
Accepted Solution
Just ordered this game of amazon for 22 quid.....loved nintendogs..but this game seems to have more interactions with your pet and a storyline too
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

soozibags

• Beta Tester
98%
13 Rank
Progress
soozibags
Accepted Solution

Really enjoying this game so far - very innovative use of the camera and microphone and my pup Grey Wind is gorgeous :D

Here's Grey Wind meeting my real life pup through the power of augmented reality!

2014-06-05-170027.jpg

And rolling on his back waiting for a belly rub

2014-06-05-170213.jpg

[ Edited ]
Twitter * YouTube * GD Nativity

'I would of been on it like a car boot but £50 is just taking the Michelle'

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

lizziebear66

• Beta Tester
94%
07 Rank
Progress
lizziebear66
Accepted Solution
Aww sooz thats so cuute...
Il try share pic of my vita pet with my lizzie dog ...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

englishgolfer

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution

Watch(ing) Dogs

Perhaps a slightly different approach to talking about this game but I wanted to see how easy it was for a non-English speaking child - specifically one of my nieces here in Sweden - to pick up the game and understand what to do. My thinking behind this was that this game is targeted at young children, so if a child who only knows how to say "How are you?" and, strangely, can recite the "Knock knock joke" involving Doctor Who can play this game then the developers have succeeded in designing a game for young.

So with out further ado, say hello to Linnea, one of four nieces I have.

linnea1.jpg

I actually started to play the game myself just to get a feel of how it handled. From the start, I was pulled in by the charm of it all. It was hard picking a breed of dog as they were all so cute. In the end I went for the Labrador as it was the closest breed to the dog I have in real life, a Golden Retriever. Once I had adopted my puppy the game took me to a house where I could interact with it. Here things didn't go so smoothly. After a while of chasing a ball (introduced to show how to use the touch screen) my dog announced it was thirsty. Logically, I thought, I would go to the kitchen and interact with a tap. No dice. My puppy rather helpfully suggested going to the store to buy water so we went outside. We couldn't get much further than the garden gate as (obviously) I couldn't open it and my pup wasn't strong enough to pull it open. So back in doors, where the puppy announced again that it was still thirsty. Time to call in the cavalry!

linnea2.jpg

Within in two minutes of explaining what was amiss my niece had found the store. Turns out it was on the TV (d'oh! TV shop anyone? :D). She knew exactly what to do and promptly bought water for the puppy to drink. So I left her to it for 20 or so minutes. When I came back she had trained the puppy to open the gate in the garden and was out exploring the area around the house.

I've never played any other virtual pet game (well I did play a Barbie horse game, with my daughter I should add, on the PS1) but I've heard that other games in this genre only focus on looking after your pet. With Vita Pets there is a whole story that is beautifully told via pop-up books that drives this game forward. Sadly, for both me and my niece we found the game play a bit of a grind. To be able to progress further you'll need to train your dog (fetching sticks, tug-o-war, etc.). Whilst fun in the beginning it soon became tiresome for my niece who would promptly hand over the Vita to me and instruct me what to do whilst she went off to play with my real-life kitten. :) 

Wandering around with my puppy I got to see some of the scenery that the game had to offer. It is done rather well with some excellent graphically displays. Another nice touch was how the game uses the input controls of the Vita. You can use the mic to say commands, to wiping the condensation off of the shower cubicle when giving you puppy a shower with swipe of the touch screen, to using the augmented reality to place your puppy in real-life situations. And for any child these things are second nature. So yes, the developers of the game have succeeded in designing a game that is easy to pick up. It's just a shame that certain elements are a grind.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Great write up eg and Soozi.

My daughter had no issue choosing a dog breed at start of game. She literally said "I want that one" straight away. What about the others, you haven't even looked at them yet? No daddy, I want that one. Fine.

So far as we can't figure out how to open gate or how to get money and not able to use shower yet either as dog says she isn't dirty lol. All we have done is thrown the ball, fed the dog and gone out in front door into AR land.

Oh she also loves dressing the dog up. Will take picture to show you next time I get chance.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
57%
03 Rank
Progress
MissMegumiTakani
Accepted Solution

This game is soooo awesome!  I'm glad Sony didn't let Nintendo have all the dog games!  I hope they continue to support this game with DLC and updates!  Since it's called Pets,  is there any chance of DLC containing cats?!  Meow!  ^-^

0 Kudos

battlefield-32b.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Uninv1ted333

79%
05 Rank
Progress
Uninv1ted333
Accepted Solution

Nintendogs really bored me, but I've had lots of fun with this. I might be 38-years-old but I needed some "cute" in my gaming schedule! I do have a couple a couple issues with the game - the leveling up can be a bit of an effort, although saying that I'm about to hit level 3 sniff skills and couldn't be prouder! The obstacle course is badly designed, but there is definitely a knack to it. I also got a bit confused how to level up my jumping skills. Aside from that, though, this is a lovely little game. It's charming and looks great, good little puzzles and an awesome ride on a mine cart! Should hopefully complete it today and I will miss my little black Lab.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

spacysam

• Beta Tester
98%
07 Rank
Progress
spacysam
Accepted Solution

Vita Pets - My Little Buster

So I thought I would give Vita Pets a try & choose a Huskie as my pet.... as If I had a dog that would be one I would want.

2014-06-04-230223.jpg

Im more a cat person to be honest, a lot less mess & they walk themselves! but this little doggy is really cute & has made his way into my heart (even though I still have to clean up his mess)

So this is my pet Buster -2014-06-04-230803.jpg

He loves to be stroked & to have a nice shower after he has been roling around in the mud outside!

2014-06-04-225129.jpg2014-06-13-222634.jpg

One of the great things I found with this game is not only do you have the option of playing, stroking, feeding & washing your pet...... but you & your pet can also go on adventures together!

Looking for treasure & solving puzzles is a lot of fun!

2014-06-04-232817.jpg2014-06-05-225449.jpg

You can also find hidden burried items that you can sell in the shop, by playing the sniffing game, where you direct your buddy to sniff the ground to find the treasure!

2014-06-04-224026.jpg2014-06-04-223631.jpg

You can also get buddy points by finding tunnels & playing the mini games in the adventure mode.

2014-06-04-224559.jpg

I think the funniest thing is that you can dress up your buddy & the things they say to you, to tell you if they like it or not :D - try putting a skirt on your buddy if they are male hahaha he wasnt happy :P

2014-06-08-224248.jpg

So im going to continue my adventure with little Buster & see where it leads us

Happy digging :D

2014-06-04-230751.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jedijaney

64%
02 Rank
Progress
jedijaney
Accepted Solution
Has any of you done the super dog trophy yet?its the only one I need and won't pop.ive completed the whole obstacle course wearing the red cape and mask loads of times but no trophy,is there something else I need to wear or do I need to complete it in a set time?any help much appreciated.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jedijaney

64%
02 Rank
Progress
jedijaney
Accepted Solution
I doubt there will be much dlc.if there is it will probably be just extra outfits.a cats one would be great but even better as a whole game.lol
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel