sync1337

71%
02 Rank
Progress

Error code NP-2244-2 while trying to redeem 10 games from 8gb mega pack voucher

207 Replies 5,962 Views Created 19-06-2013
19 Jun 2013
By sync1337

Did anyone have any issues with activating their 8gb mega pack voucher? After I enter the code it goes through all the games and I have to click "Continue" for each game. When it gets to The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character I click continue and it says "Use of this item is subject to the Terms of Service and any specific conditions applying to the promotion" I then click confirm and it says "A server error has occurred" and I am not able to go any further. Apparently I am not able to enjoy my games.

I am pretty angry about this because I only bought a 8gb card because it came in this pack with 10 games otherwise I would have got a 16gb!!!!

The error exactly is "The connection to the server or device has been terminated" NP-2244-2

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

brianmini

91%
04 Rank
Progress
brianmini
Accepted Solution
Firstly can you download your other 9 games?

I you can then check you have sufficient storage on the card! I'm not aware of this deal but I wouldn't be surprised if its 10 games which total more than 8gb, Sony at their finest lol

Could it be that Rotating octo isn't available in your area right now?

Or maybe there is a genuine server fault, have you left it a day (I know it's frustrating) and tried later on?
0 Kudos

Re: Error code NP-2244-2 while trying to redeem 10 games from 8gb mega pack voucher

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sync1337

71%
02 Rank
Progress
sync1337
Accepted Solution

The problem is when I type in the activation code it makes me "continue" through each title to basically confirm them all. When it gets to the stupid octopus game and I click confirm it gives me the error and says my connection has been terminated. I have no option to even attempt to download the games and they don't appear under my downloads section. So basically I keep getting stuck at that one point. I know it isn't a space issue either as its a fresh card and as I said earlier it hasn't even given me a download option.

Re: Error code NP-2244-2 while trying to redeem 10 games from 8gb mega pack voucher

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mezzor

79%
05 Rank
Progress
mezzor
Accepted Solution
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/ps-vita-mega-pack-10-games-and-an-8gb-memory-card-for-39-9...

This could be the answer your looking for.

It is not available until June 28th in the UK.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sync1337

71%
02 Rank
Progress
sync1337
Accepted Solution
Plenty of people I know in Australia downloaded them just fine. Has nothing to do with that unfortunately =[ thanks for the try though.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

A2GMAN

99%
06 Rank
Progress
A2GMAN
Accepted Solution
I have seen this deal around on ebay and shopto.net have spoke about it as well. so other eu and other conterys have this offer but what I can do is pm a mod and try and get some help on this.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sync1337

71%
02 Rank
Progress
sync1337
Accepted Solution
Please do... This is really frustrating and at this point it feels like I am just expected to accept that I don't get my games. I bought the pack mainly because of the included games.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sync1337

71%
02 Rank
Progress
sync1337
Accepted Solution
So I guess I am expected to just accept that I can't redeem my 10 games? I contacted sony and they said they are going to escalate it but I haven't heard anything back. I want what I paid for thank you very much.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mezzor

79%
05 Rank
Progress
mezzor
Accepted Solution

@sync1337 wrote:
Plenty of people I know in Australia downloaded them just fine. Has nothing to do with that unfortunately =[ thanks for the try though.

That is Australia, it clearly states that it will not be available in the UK until the 28th meaning your code will not work until that date.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Withergy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Withergy
Accepted Solution

If this was the case then it should surely be working now, and it still isn't in my case.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IAmMarti

80%
02 Rank
Progress
IAmMarti
Accepted Solution

I'm also having the same problem.

Have tried updating billing information (although unhappy about entering card details) on the SEN website as people said that it had worked for them,  but no luck. I had an old card which as expired on the account

which I removed two months ago.

Apparently you also get 24 ban if you keep trying. Have tried code on both vita and ps3.

REALLY NOT HAPPY

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IAmMarti

80%
02 Rank
Progress
IAmMarti
Accepted Solution
I've emailed Sony support and have been instructed to ring them, 4p a minute. I'll have to ask the bill payers permission but I'm really not happy about this situation.

Has anyone already phoned up Sony? What do they suggest?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
49%
02 Rank
Progress
INFINITY_TR1GG3R
Accepted Solution

As I said in another thread I also am having the same problem.

However, I don't have the time to fiddle about phoning customer support. Can we not just get some official advise on here from someone at Sony?

It is clear from the number of people having the same issue that there is a problem!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

vherostar

80%
02 Rank
Progress
vherostar
Accepted Solution

I have this exact issue and got the pack this morning.. Why do Sony have to make things so hard?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IAmMarti

80%
02 Rank
Progress
IAmMarti
Accepted Solution

after searching many google results the only reasons I can find for this happening is..

Billing info - it is incorrect? Although why would we need this when our games are free? I had no billing details present on my account as I deleted the card that was on there ages ago because it expired. Added a new card and that still isn't working.

Apparently, conflicting reports, you have to wait 24 hours or 72 hours after seeing that message. Happens after 4 unsuccessful attempts. Some kind of block if you are having a download spree? Thinks it is suspicious activity.

So I tried around 8pm last night, I had that same hour downloaded new titles as well as re-download old titles on my PS3 for my vita. I entered the code on my PS3 which is when I got the error. I think I'm banned through having a download spree. Has anyone else been downloading things at the same time/just before using the code?

Not sure if I should be waiting 24 or 72 hours now :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
49%
02 Rank
Progress
INFINITY_TR1GG3R
Accepted Solution

My billing is 100% up to date and fine and I got the error code on first attempt so it isn't a block.

.. plus I have never had ANY issues redeeming codes before.

All in all, very odd. Like I said earlier, Sony need to provide some clarification as to why this is happening, as I don't want to return an item that isn't strictly speaking faulty, just suffering with a code error.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Universality

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Universality
Accepted Solution
i got a ps vita today with the 10 game download pack and i'm experiencing exactly the same problem. maybe its a problem sony's end. solution soon hopefully, i want to play these games

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Rikske54

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Rikske54
Accepted Solution

Tried it again today still no luck. I don't have any billing info so I don't think that's the problem. And i waited more than 48 hours :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IAmMarti

80%
02 Rank
Progress
IAmMarti
Accepted Solution

This thread should be unmarked as solved.

I've just tried using my code again as I thought it would be 24 hours since I tried yesterday...still no luck

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

squiddycr4

43%
02 Rank
Progress
squiddycr4
Accepted Solution

Same problem here (in UK).  This is nonsense.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazpachete

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Gazpachete
Accepted Solution

Same problem here in SPAIN. DAmm

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel