/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
Accepted Solution

Because the browser is well out of date and Google won't cater for it anymore,the YouTube PS Vita app was terminated three years ago. 

0 Kudos

YouTube not working on PSVITA

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EVIL_KING95

45%
02 Rank
Progress
EVIL_KING95
Accepted Solution

No even on the website on the vita youtube still doesn't work which is annoying it was all good about two days ago 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EVIL_KING95

45%
02 Rank
Progress
EVIL_KING95
Accepted Solution

Sony need to fix this problem

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
46%
02 Rank
Progress
TITAN_SHADOWking
Accepted Solution

Only the mobile version of YouTube is not working. You can still watch YouTube on the desktop version (instructions below) however it won't be as smooth and will be harder to navigate. 

First open settings from the black bubble in the bottom right corner.Then click delete cookies.refresh the YouTube page and it should look like YouTube before it broke.The videos will still not work so go to the top right corner of YouTube and click settings.Scrole down to desktop.The videos should work now but it will be the desktop version of YouTube.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

minimeto

60%
02 Rank
Progress
minimeto
TITAN_SHADOWking
Accepted Solution

Hi! That worked! Thanks for the tip! Brilliant. I wonder why the mobile version no longer works? This version works now, it's a little tricky to use but worth it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

minimeto

60%
02 Rank
Progress
minimeto
Accepted Solution

It has stopped working, I'm not sure why. I use it a lot, very handy to have. But what can be done? Can it be raised with Sony to fix this?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
46%
02 Rank
Progress
TITAN_SHADOWking
minimeto
Accepted Solution

I agree, the vita was very handy to have around as the larger screen made it more enjoyable to watch videos on than a phone.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
46%
02 Rank
Progress
TITAN_SHADOWking
Accepted Solution

Sadly i don't think Sony will fix this issue. The vita browser was last updated sept 11 2018 (System update i am not sure if this includes the browser) even though it has only been 4 months youtube has gone through countless of updates since then so it should be safe to say that vita browser cant support the mobile version of youtube anymore as it is outdated and would require Sony to update their browser which i hardly doubt.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EVIL_KING95

45%
02 Rank
Progress
EVIL_KING95
TITAN_SHADOWking
Accepted Solution

Well that's disappointing I guess my ps vita is close to useless now 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

batikan_dogan

49%
02 Rank
Progress
batikan_dogan
Accepted Solution

Hi friends;

I had opened a topic related with this issue on Google Groups on 18 December. There are some friends like us who report this issue, but unfortunately any Google or YouTube forum employee hasn't answered the topic.  The issue doesn't affect only PSVITA's Web browser application, Windows Phone 8.0's Internet Explorer Mobile 10.0 is also affected by this issue, and I believe any other old Web browsers are affected. 

The link of the topic I opened on Google Groups (in Google Product Forums/YouTube Help Forum): 

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/youtube/vRUSRR93bSI/...

I have done some test on this problem. I have an application called WebKit Browser on my Windows Phone device. WebKit Browser emulates the iOS 7's web engine which is AppleWebKit/537. When I switch from the Trident 6.0 web engine that is the Internet Explorer Mobile 10.0 web engine on the Windows Phone 8.0 operating system to AppleWebKit/537 web engine, the problem disappears. Although, PSVITA's Web browser engine is also AppleWebKit/537.73, it affected by this issue. I am going to give the full web browser details below I learned thanks to whatsmybrowser.org.

PSVITA's Web browser information is: 

Mozilla/5.0 (PlayStation Vita 3.69) AppleWebKit/537.73 (KHTML, like Gecko) Silk/3.2

Windows Phone 8.0's Internet Explorer Mobile 10's information is: 

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows Phone 8.0; Trident/6.0; IEMobile /10.0; ARM; Touch; NOKIA Lumia 630)

WebKit Browser's AppleWebKit engine mode information is: 

Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; Windows Phone 8.1; Android 4.0; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; IEMobile/11.0; NOKIA; Lumia 630) like iPhone OS 7_0_3 Mac OS X AppleWebKit/537 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile Safari/537

I had thought like the friend whose username is minimeto. If YouTube will not fix this issue, Sony can update the Web browser engine so that PSVITA is not affected by this issue. 

Finally, thank you for taking time and read my message.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

minimeto

60%
02 Rank
Progress
minimeto
Accepted Solution

Thanks for all the updates everyone, and the research that batikan_dogan has done. If it is affecting several devices there is more of a chance that YouTube / Sony will fix it.

I can still watch with the desktop version of Youtube but it is much more awkward. The player seems to freeze - or autoplay sometimes. The original mobile version was much better. 

But don't think the Vita is useless, it is still a good gaming machine. Although the free games will stop being added on Playstation Plus in March. 

So I really hope this issue is fixed. I'd like to use my PS Vita for many more years.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marsh_Factor

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Marsh_Factor
Accepted Solution

Same here. Mobile website for YouTube no longer works at all. All they need to do is get a simple Chromium browser on there, they should open up the platform and let people develop for it like the latter days of PS2. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

minimeto

60%
02 Rank
Progress
minimeto
Marsh_Factor
Accepted Solution

I wonder if they will fix it. There is a chance they might be working on it. But no chance they will tell us I wager.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
46%
02 Rank
Progress
TITAN_SHADOWking
Accepted Solution

The new 3.70 update came out

however YouTube is still not fixed. Will sony ever fix this?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
31%
02 Rank
Progress
Princesemononoke
Accepted Solution

Heya i know psvita browser mobile mode doesnt work i was on desktop and i cant login i login in to my account and my rofile goes to star where i have to type my email and repeats this same thing i cant login into any account to youtube is there any solution?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

batikan_dogan

49%
02 Rank
Progress
batikan_dogan
Accepted Solution

Hi again friends, 

More than a month has passed; I believe, this issue will not never be fixed. :( My guess, YouTube terminated the support for mobile version of YouTube for old devices which don't support MPEG-DASH (DASH is the abbreviation of Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP). As we know, both PSVITA's software and Windows Phone 8 operating system (8.0) don't support DASH; they only support HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), when video is opened, an out-of-browser player is opened and streaming starts. Thanks to DASH, videos are opened in-browser and video quality starts with low resolution and when Internet access speed allowed it increased to high resolution. DASH support came to Windows Phone 8 OS with 8.1 update. If we inform Sony about this isssue, perhaps they are able to test this issue and adapt DASH for PSVITA's operating system software. It is a low probability but PSVITA is not even a 10-year device. I am waiting for your thoughts on this topic.

Lastly, thank you one more time for taking time and read my message.

0 Kudos

Re: YouTube not working on PSVITA

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

OrdosAlpha

• Beta Tester
98%
07 Rank
Progress
OrdosAlpha
batikan_dogan
Accepted Solution

Google dropped support for browers that are no longer being supported. Just like the decided to no longer support their apps on the Vita.

0 Kudos

My PSN Profile

All blank friend requests will be refused.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel