View Original Post
10 Mar 2012
By sybozo

sybozo

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Can PSVita play games from other regions?

41 Replies 44,115 Views Created 10-03-2012
10 Mar 2012
By sybozo

Hi, I thought of buying a Psvita but I was wondering if the PsVita games can be played in other regions, eg. Japan, Europe, and etc. Because the only place to buy games for the PSvita is PSN isn't it? and because of the location you're in, does that mean there's only "certain" games you can buy? Since they don't have a UMD at all.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

evilkenshin

60%
02 Rank
Progress
evilkenshin
Accepted Solution

while the answer is yes there are two things to be careful of; online pass's (can only be activated in the same region as the profile of psn you choose so e.g australia can only activate games from PAL territories such as Australia,New Zealand and Europe) and trophy support (again only works on same region psn profile)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Can PSVita play games from other regions?

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Domformula1

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Domformula1
Accepted Solution
Hi all, I'm new here and just looking for some advice if you can help. I've read most replies on this topic here and other websites but just wanted to be sure. I'm based in the UK (EU PSN account) and am shortly due to go out to Florida for two weeks. There's a possibility ill have some cash burning a hole in my pocket over there and just might pick up a US Vita if I can get the right price. I just wondered if someone could clarify for me, if I pick up a Vita over there, do nothing with it until I arrive back in the UK, thereafter tearing open the box and linking it to my EU account on first boot, will I be able then to simply carry on buying EU games, running them on a US machine and download all the DLC for the EU games from the EU store? I suppose what I'm asking is, provided I buy EU games and EU DLC for them on the EU store, will it matter that my Vita is a US unit? Will I suffer any ill effects? Thanks in advance all!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

shakboy132

96%
02 Rank
Progress
shakboy132
Accepted Solution

Hi Domformula1,

It doesn't really matter which country the unit is purchased in.

As long as you sign in to it using an EU PSN account for games purchased in the EU region, all DLCs will work fine.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JayManGamer

66%
02 Rank
Progress
JayManGamer
Accepted Solution
Also Australian gamers, you can import English euro games from UK, Ireland, whatever is Pal region as it is the same region coding as it is here hence it will work with AU PSN and all available DLC

Now this is what I like to hear! Provided you are 100% sure? I've been wanting to get a couple PSVita games from a UK store and I was worried I wouldn't be able to redeem the Online Passes/DLC on my AU account.

So the UK Online Pass Code will be redeemable on my AUS account and I can download DLC for them on my AUS account in PS Store, right?

I was told it wouldn't work unless the game was in the same region as your account (I assumed that meant country), but since it's PAL version everything should work fine?

I guess you pretty much already answered that but I was hoping I could get confirmation on this.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nomembrane

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Nomembrane
Accepted Solution

Hi JayManGamer,

To confirm; this is partially correct.

So Australia and New Zealand do fall under the EU region thus we use BLES, BCES for disc id's.

However, there are multiple games that still have different disc ids available; which is a different version of the game; thus will have different DLC.

What I am trying to state here is: If you do buy games from UK there is no guarantee that they will work on an Australian or New Zealand account as they may have different entitlements / vouchers for their versions of the game.  This is why customers can and have used redemption codes, due to the fact that the game released with the same disc id and same voucher codes within our regions.

If you are wanting to purchase out of region games, the best thing I could possibly suggest, is to post a thread asking other community members if they have imported the particular version of the game and if they were successful using those voucher codes from that region.

Hope this helps!

Nomembrane

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JayManGamer

66%
02 Rank
Progress
JayManGamer
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Is this disc id on PS Vita games also? I was more specifically wondering about the games "Everybodys Golf" and "ModNation Racers Road Trip" on PS Vita (I don't currently own a PS3 so I won't be getting any PS3 games right now).

If the answer is still the same then I'll take your advice on posting a thread asking community members about the two games.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nomembrane

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Nomembrane
Accepted Solution

Ah sorry about that JayManGamer, should have been more clear there.

The PS Vita does use a ID system, rather than disc id, it would be cart id.  The PS Vita system is indeed like the PS3 system where you can play region free games; but come across the same restrictions through DLC / redemption codes.

For the two games you have provided, unfortunately I am unable to say for certain if these games would be compatible with the Australian / New Zealand region.

Nomembrane

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JayManGamer

66%
02 Rank
Progress
JayManGamer
Accepted Solution

No problem! You have been very helpful, I've learned a bit more so thank you.

I'll try post a new thread now and see if anyone else has had success with any of the two games.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Big_Jonny

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Big_Jonny
Accepted Solution

I have a question..

I'm from Portugal.

Is it possible like ps3 to buy a game on US PSN store then play on my Portuguese account?

Please answer, I heard it might work using 2 different memor carts, but, is it true?

0 Kudos

big_jonny

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lawwongcc

21%
02 Rank
Progress
lawwongcc
Accepted Solution
hi

i cuurently have a ps vita link to a psn asia account. i wanted to download the psvita for monster hunter from uk psn and transfer to my ps vita and play it. is it possible?

Thank for your much needed advise.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

shakboy132

96%
02 Rank
Progress
shakboy132
Accepted Solution

Hi lawwongcc,

If you want to make a purchase from the UK PSN Store, then you will need a UK account.

Since the PS Vita allows only one user to be logged in at a time, you won't be able to use the game on your Asian account.

Furthermore, you will have to fully restore the system and then sign in with a UK account.

You will also need a UK credit card to make purchases on the account.

I would personally advise waiting for the game to show up in your region.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
bLooDy_HelLebore
Accepted Solution
hello... i am confused about the new released ffx/x2 hd remastered because the region says ALL, what is the meaning region ALL? and can i download the dlc pack even if my ps accunt is region 3? please help and thanks in advance
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

flight714

22%
02 Rank
Progress
flight714
Accepted Solution
I just bought the FFX/FFX-2 bundle in Belgium a week ago. I wanted the hard copy since the memory storage requirements for both were pretty big, even though it was much cheAper on the Canadian Sony store (where my account is based). The physical version of FFX works fine, but was unable to redeem the voucher for FFX-2 since it was purchased in Belgium. The only requirements listed on the packaging (inside and out) for downloading were 3 GB of memory and an internet connection... Have been told by Sony to contact Square Enix for a region appropriate code, who then told me that Sony policy forbade it under any circumstances!
To sum up...
Hard copy is region free, but vouchers ARE region coded, and there is no way to know this until you try to redeem the voucher. The guy/gal in the store probably won't know this about the vouchers, so will tell you in good faith that it will work in all regions. A strange situation unique to a combined physical/voucher game release, I hope they don't do this with other titles!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cannizzle90

22%
02 Rank
Progress
cannizzle90
Accepted Solution
I am in nz and really want legend of dragoon which is a really old ps1 game on my vita. I see it is on the us store. If I purchase it am I able to play it on my vita which has a nz psn account.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

shakboy132

96%
02 Rank
Progress
shakboy132
Accepted Solution

Hi cannizzle90,

Just to confirm, you are trying to purchase the digital copy of The legend of Dragoon from the US PlayStation Store?

If this is the case and since the PS Vita does not allow more than one PSN account to be signed in at a time, you won't be able to play this title on your NZ PSN account.

You can purchase it on a US PSN account but that will be the only account that the game will be playable on.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LordNathan15

21%
02 Rank
Progress
LordNathan15
Accepted Solution

hey i got a question and i'm kinda of new, im thinking about getting a ps vita and say i were to buy the chinese version with english subtitles of sword art online hollow fragment would that game work on an american ps vita.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Scion_122

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Scion_122
Accepted Solution

Hey LordNathan15,

The PSVita is not region restricted, and is able to play games from any region. If you were to buy the chinese version of Sword Art Online, you should have no issues running it.

Please be aware however that digital content IS region restricted. If you were to buy a voucher code for digital redemption of the game from a different region, this code would only work with a PSN account from that region.

If you have any further concerns, please let me know!

Regards,

Scion_122

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Georgie81

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Georgie81
Accepted Solution

Hey guys,

Being in Australia, if I bought a voucher code from the UK for Little Big Planet would I be able to redeem/play it from the Aus PS Store?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

shakboy132

96%
02 Rank
Progress
shakboy132
Accepted Solution

Hi Georgie81,

All DLC codes are region locked.

You always run the risk of incompatibilty when making these purchases overseas.

I personally would recommend making purchases from your local retail stores.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ShaDeHunt3er

28%
02 Rank
Progress
ShaDeHunt3er
Accepted Solution

hey just to clairfy

I know that DLCs are PSN account region locked but not 100% sure if games are dlc region locked

for example, Buying a game from Asia, would i be able to download an Australian region DLC for the game? 

basically 

game region + different dlc region (given that this region is the local PSN region)  = ?

cheers

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Chaptastic007

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Chaptastic007
Accepted Solution

the game msut be purchased in australia, asia is a diferent region

asia game australia psn account asutralia psn store = DLC will not work with asia game!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CelestialWill

27%
02 Rank
Progress
CelestialWill
Accepted Solution

I basically got what people have known. Just need someone to confirm my theory:

If I would like to play games from other regions (different from my US region, Canada in fact), and go full digital.

I should buy multiple memory cards for multiple PSN accounts respectively. E.g.: a memory card for a US account and another for Japan account.

Each time I must fully restart the console and sign in with the correct PSN account and insert the respect memory card.

Am I right?

I know there will be consequence of not get the full benefit of game and possible bugs of cross regions.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel