Problem Solved

View Original Post
30 May 2012
By FooFan73

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress

Quick Poll: PS1 support announced at E3?

14 Replies 284 Views Created 30-05-2012
30 May 2012
By FooFan73

Please, please don't let this thread dissolve into an argument between those who want PS1 support on the Vita and those who don't

All I'm interested in is a quick straw poll, a 'Yay' or 'Nay' if you think Sony have held back PS1 support (Via a firmware update) as part of their E3 keynote speech?

Similar to how, two years ago, they announced that Final Fantasy VII would be available for download from the store as soon as that keynote was over, that this year they'll say, "A system update is available from now which enables PS1 support as well as: <They'll add a few other features too>" 

For me it's an optimistic 'Yay'

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Photobucket
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Btommo

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Btommo
Accepted Solution
I for one would love to be able to play some ps1 games on my vita, any time i've seen a tweet to Shuhei Yoshida he replies "our engineers are working hard on it, please be patient" so hopefully thats a sign of it being available soon, hopefully after E3.
0 Kudos

Re: Quick Poll: PS1 support announced at E3?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

pressmyfoot

• Beta Tester
91%
05 Rank
Progress
pressmyfoot
Accepted Solution
abstention.

I don't need or care for BC, but i can see that some may find it enriching.

maybe.

pmf (rose tinted)
0 Kudos

photo pmfbik-2.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

@pressmyfoot wrote:
abstention.

I don't need or care for BC, but i can see that some may find it enriching.

maybe.

What a pointless post

If you're going to be an absentee then there wasn't really any need to post at all. Why clutter the thread with a post like that?

I did ask, very politely, that posts like yours weren't required and that I was only after a 'yay' or 'nay'

I'll say it again, do you think Sony will announce it at E3, yay or nay. I did not ask if you wanted the feature, otherwise the thread will rapidly downturn into an argument between two sides

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mezzor

79%
05 Rank
Progress
mezzor
Accepted Solution
Personally Nay, although I would say they probably will announce it in the next few months for the end of the year.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

I live in hope

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

pressmyfoot

• Beta Tester
91%
05 Rank
Progress
pressmyfoot
Accepted Solution
one could argue that speculation on this is pointless.

pmf (can post, will post)
0 Kudos

photo pmfbik-2.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Valenni

83%
02 Rank
Progress
Valenni
Accepted Solution

Can I ask what this means? I can play my CD of Tenchu: stealth assassins using remote play thru my PS3 no problem. Are you talking about downloading PS1 games and using them on Vita?

Sorry, but this is new to me.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

@Valenni wrote:

Can I ask what this means? I can play my CD of Tenchu: stealth assassins using remote play thru my PS3 no problem. Are you talking about downloading PS1 games and using them on Vita?

Sorry, but this is new to me.

No, I mean buy a digital PS1 game from the PlayStation store, download it directly to the Vita and play it with a far better looking picture quality (over the streaming version you have done) & no button lag

As someone said a few days ago, the Vita is the first Sony console to NOTbe able to play PS1 games which is quite silly frankly

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CLOUD1985

91%
04 Rank
Progress
CLOUD1985
Accepted Solution

OP i've been thinking the very same thing, that we'd get an announcement during the E3 keynote about this so its a big YAY from me.

Also, and i realise this is a long shot but im hoping they comment on PS3 games playable via remote play.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BlackKnightUK

94%
05 Rank
Progress
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

@CLOUD1985 wrote:

OP i've been thinking the very same thing, that we'd get an announcement during the E3 keynote about this so its a big YAY from me.

Also, and i realise this is a long shot but im hoping they comment on PS3 games playable via remote play.

They've already commented about PS3 games being available through remote play. Shuhei Yoshida who is the president of Sony Worldwide Studios already said it wasn't going to happen due to technical reasons.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CLOUD1985

91%
04 Rank
Progress
CLOUD1985
Accepted Solution

@BlackKnightUK wrote:

@CLOUD1985 wrote:

They've already commented about PS3 games being available through remote play. Shuhei Yoshida who is the president of Sony Worldwide Studios already said it wasn't going to happen due to technical reasons.

Hence the reason as to why i called it a long shot, the fact that it'll most likely never happen doesn't stop me wanting it though'

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nasomi

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Nasomi
Accepted Solution
I don't think they'll do it. They've been doing a lot of forward thinking lately, and trying to kill off the old ways, pushing digital distribution, and probably about time they finally laid the ps1 to rest. tbh the ps1 era is long over for me, as well as ps2, I'm ready for something new, not a new way to play something old, so I'm entirely ok with it if they say screw ps1.
0 Kudos

20gb PS3 *|*|* 80gb PS3
2x PSP-Go
PS Vita - 8gb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mkwone

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Mkwone
Accepted Solution

PS1 games will definatly come to the vita and will continue to do so as long as they make money. People like to play old games it's why they've started releasing PS2 games on the PS store.

As for the question in hand i hope they announce it but i'm not expecting them to.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

PSS suite is being used to port the PS1 games. 

But if you have been reading the PSS forum there is still alot of work needed on PSS.

The ARM CPU tablet S has recently seen the first batch of PSS ports of PS1 titles.

The PSS emulation is not perfect even on that device...

Track & Field,

Tekken,

Ridge Racer Type 4,

Grandia,

Toy Story Racer,

Toy Story 2,

Mickey’s Wild Adventure,

Disney’s Atlantis: The Lost Empire,

A Bug’s Life,

Rascal Racers

and Oddworld: Abe’s Oddyse

These all had limited bug testing for the ARM CPU tablets and Phones. Hopefully they have now moved on to Vita testing...  

0 Kudos

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel