View Original Post
28 Jan 2013
By kudos_1981

kudos_1981

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Audio output muted (protected by Cinavia)?

[ Edited ]
12 Replies 35,922 Views edited 28-01-2013
28 Jan 2013
By kudos_1981

my buddy gave me a digital copy of total recall 2012 and around the 25 min mark it gave me this message...now it seemed it's been detected by a site mentioned on the message. had i played the video offline (not signed in or turned the internet off) would i have had this problem? how do get the audio back? anyone knows? this is just weird for me....weird message

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

@kudos_1981 wrote:

my buddy gave me a digital copy of total recall 2012 and around the 25 min mark it gave me this message...now it seemed it's been detected by a site mentioned on the message. had i played the video offline (not signed in or turned the internet off) would i have had this problem? how do get the audio back? anyone knows? this is just weird for me....weird message

Hi kudos,

Cinavia is a digital watermark which is embedded in the audio track of a video. Therefore it will not play on the system correctly due to piracy protection embedded in the video.

Rabid

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Audio dissapeared with weird message. READ!

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Try setting your Internet setting to disabled in "Internet Connection Settings" and see if that helps.

That's a bit of a rubbish error :/ Movie companies are a bit rubbish when they do this :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kudos_1981

71%
02 Rank
Progress
kudos_1981
Accepted Solution

sound's good on the PC...on ps3 it has sound at first then that message would pop out. when you press square to select scenes it would have audio again, but only for a couple of seconds then it pops up again... imma try watching offline since that's what it looks like. how do they trace it though, that's what bums me out...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

@kudos_1981 wrote:

Hi kudos,

Cinavia is a digital watermark which is embedded in the audio track of a video. Therefore it will not play on the system correctly due to piracy protection embedded in the video.

Rabid

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

@RabidWalker wrote:

Rabid

If I have a retail blu ray which includes a digital copy all legal and above board.  how do i transfer that for the ps3 without suffering with cinavia ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

@Mikal_Drey wrote:

@RabidWalker wrote:

Rabid

If I have a retail blu ray which includes a digital copy all legal and above board.  how do i transfer that for the ps3 without suffering with cinavia ?

I'm afraid that can't be done :( The piracy protection is there specifically to prevent that.

Sorry to disappoint. There may be ways around it but there's nothing that can be explained here due to the questionable legality of it. (Also, a PC with a BluRay drive would be needed for starters which virtually nobody has yet).

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
98%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Ultraviolet digital copy is still crap in EU...

You dont move files manualy you need applications for it. There are No PS3 apps that support it in the UK.. its still for US...  

You download the UV video in the app but can't extract the video on PS3 as it remains in the applications folder hidden from view...

Once UV is set up fully in the UK............

(It needs a Full roll out at Tescos stores, so they can issue you your digital upgrades..  this has not been done as far as i know...)

You will be able to upgrade to digital from DVD by paying a fee to increase the license you own to Digital combo...

Once UV is set up in UK you will pay more per BD but you will be able to share a digital file but you transfer files Via online not USB... the DRM/protection will block USB transfers...  

0 Kudos

Bye bye lithium forums.
EU forum will move away from lithium.
https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Off-Topic/IMPORTANT-We-are-moving-our-forum-to-a-new-platform/m-p/26002595#M1639081 mirgation starts 1 March Yep very quick...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
98%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Cinavia

Is not a file.

Its a digital code in the Audio track that is not detectable by the human ear but is detectable by the average mic..

This system is well documented, had to be for the film studios to use it..

The digital code includes info about the media it was mastered on. what audio codec it was mastered in. and what applications can play it back...

If this information does not match what its playing back on, the play back is crippled in lots of different ways...

The end reesult is You are not licensed to watch it on PS3...  

0 Kudos

Bye bye lithium forums.
EU forum will move away from lithium.
https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Off-Topic/IMPORTANT-We-are-moving-our-forum-to-a-new-platform/m-p/26002595#M1639081 mirgation starts 1 March Yep very quick...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Supposedly changing the year to 2014 bypasses this. I've not got anything to try with but it's worth a shot.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

@strangeplaice wrote:

@Mikal_Drey wrote:

@RabidWalker wrote:

stuff™

I'm afraid that can't be done :( The piracy protection is there specifically to prevent that.

Sorry to disappoint. There may be ways around it but there's nothing that can be explained here due to the questionable legality of it. (Also, a PC with a BluRay drive would be needed for starters which virtually nobody has yet).

My point isnt to play pirate movies. I'm talking the 100% legal digital copies you get with a BluRay.  Does cinavia really prevent those legal versions top be played on a 100% legal digital device ?

not sure on your second point  because blu ray drives for a pc are commonplace. 

Spoiler
fyi I already know how to circumvent a cinavia coded film.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
re: Your spoiler: What's the problem then?

According to the message the PS3 isn't an authorized device and it's a case of tough luck then. So to answer your question, yes.

(I'm in a room with 40 people Studying Computer science and there's not a BluRay drive in sight. Unless you've got a pretty high end computer you're unlikely to have one.)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009R15O40/    acer laptop £532

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-essentio-cm6340-uk001s-desktop-pc-17392828-pdt.html  asus desktop £849

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0079GI0OQ/ref=asc_df_B0079GI0OQ11725388?smid=A38UDII8M9Z5GS&tag=googleco...  blu ray rom drive £27

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-BDR-207DBK-Internal-BD-RW-Burner/dp/B0075WEPJI/ref=sr_1_2?s=computer... blu ray writer £64

I personally do not have an issue because I use my ps3 as a blu ray player. I do have digital films and media but due to the constraints of the ps3 I prefer not to treat the drive as media storage.

however as per usual the issue i have is that whilst i support the piracy arguement. LEGAL transfer is being affected.   Everytime someone posts about cinavia its assumed they are using a pirate copy when they could be trying to something totally and wholly above board.

I checked my film collection and I have 11 with digital copys.  only a couple are UV and I distinctly remember that some are simple file transfers (cut and paste jobby)  now with cinavia I cannot rip movies for my own convenience.    I actually admire the movie industry for including the digital copies as its consumer focused and has had minimal impact on price.

I cant remember the specific company but albumns are now being sold with the ability to download it on mp3 when you buy the album. which is exactly what consumers want.

I shouldnt have to figure out a workaround to circumvent DRM/Watermark protection to play something I LEGALLY own.  Now sony have they own streaming company I wonder if it will be possible to buy a blu ray and have the streaming/digital version via the ps3. 

this is also something I would support for gaming.  buy the game and get the digital version free/included.    cross play with the vita is truly a superb concept (not got a vita personally)

I hope that claryfies my point further.

*ninja edit*  forgot to say that I see no reason why cinavia couldnt be added to a game to "protect" piracy/second hand sales

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kudos_1981

71%
02 Rank
Progress
kudos_1981
Accepted Solution

@RabidWalker wrote:

@kudos_1981 wrote:

Hi kudos,

Rabid

so in other words it is a "file" somewhere in the audio? can it be located so i can erase it thus avoiding the problem? and if it is a file, its still being detected online and if is,if i turn off my ps3's internet would that prevent it? like ive said, it works  ok on the PC...sorry for all the question, at this point its not about me just watching the darn video, just wanna learn these things and how they work :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel