By Cereal_Killer336
23%
02 Rank
Progress

Borderlands 2 unable to load data

2 Replies 180 Views Created 08-02-2019
08 Feb 2019
By Cereal_Killer336

So I have ran into an issue that I cannot seem to find an answer to. I used to play Borderlands 2 on the PS3. I have since upgraded to a PS4 and have been playing the game on my PS4 through The Handsome Collection. My wife used to play with me on the PS3 as well and wanted to start playing with me again. I had no issues transferring my data from my profile from the PS3 to the PS4. My wifes data, on the other hand, does not seem to want to transfer. It has been several years since she has played the game on PS3, and at the time, she did not have a PSN account linked to her profile. We always played split screen, so she never had to. Additionally, we no longer have a Borderlands 2 game disc anymore. SO...what we have done to try to transfer the data over:

1. Tried copying the data through a USB hard drive. That failed. We got the "unable to load another players data" message.

2. Since she did not have a PSN account tied to the account at the time, we linked her PSN account that she has now to the PS3 profile  and tried to upload the data to the cloud. That failed as well. We recieved the same message when trying to load the data.

3. Repurchased the game on the Playstation Store on the PS3 and tried to cross save the data that way. That failed miserably. The profile data wont even load on the PS3 now.

4. We thought that maybe since we used to play split screen, we would have to do that again. Once again, that failed. 

Heres what we have going on. The profile she is trying to use is the one she used several years ago. The data she is trying to load is the same data that has been on the PS3 from the beginning. The only thing that has changed from then until now is that it is no longer 2016. The data is not corrupt as far as I can tell. It is the original account with the original data on the original system. I do not know what to do!! If someone knows a step that I need to take to fix this, that would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
LABELS: Games
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

OrdosAlpha

• Beta Tester
98%
07 Rank
Progress
OrdosAlpha
Accepted Solution

Save data transfer has to be initiated from within the PS3 version of the Borderlands 2, and the save data must be paired to it's own unique PSN account. Gearbox's own servers are utilised for this process. The PS4 CANNOT use PS3 save data. If you no longer have Borderlands 2 on PS3, then your wife won't be getting her saves on the PS4 version.

0 Kudos

My PSN Profile

All blank friend requests will be refused.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Cereal_Killer336
OrdosAlpha
Accepted Solution

I understand all that. The problem is trying to get the data to be usable on ps3. The profile is paired to a psn account, so it should be usable within the game. But it is not. Whenever I try to load the game save from the original profile on the original console with the original data, it tells me I cannot use another user's data. This is the issue I am having. How do I get profile data usable on the profile it came from?

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel