11 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Error 80029564 game update/download install

[ Edited ]
543 Replies 108,593 Views edited 02-08-2012
30 Apr 2012
By TalllPaul

I got Modnation Racers today and it asks to be updated to 1.11. I download the update and then it automatically installs but finishes with "An error occurred during the install operation" 80029564.

After the error I deleted the download and tried again with no luck, I also restarted the PS3 and reset my router but I still get the install error. I still have 107GB free on my HDD

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

UPDATED:

Hi guys,

The error code 80029564 which appears while attempting to download a game patch is an indicator that there has been a connection issue to the server during the download attempt. The reason for this may be down to a number of factors.

Some Virgin Media consumers were experiencing this issue, however this was subsequently identified and fixed by Virgin prior to Christmas '12. So the if the issue is still persisting there are other reasons this may be the case.

As the error code is only an indicator of the connection there are several troubleshooting suggestions that can be tried.

• This may be down to load on the server at that point in time, in which case you can wait and attempt to download the file when the servers are less busy.

• There may be a high level of traffic caused by other internet users, so again you may want to attempt the download at a different time.

• If you continue to get the issue you can try resetting the modem and router for a number of minutes, and then restart them. Once this is done try re-establishing a connection between the router and your PlayStation 3 from the beginning.

If you have any futher queries or issues let me know.

SFZ

View solution in original post

Re: Error 80029564 game update

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AKATSUKI-ORDNAS

80%
02 Rank
Progress
AKATSUKI-ORDNAS
Accepted Solution

Jockstrap on the forum says

personaly never had any problems with Virgin.

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

Someone also said, SONY SERVERS ON IT. YOU BYPASSED EVERYTHING BECAUSE ONE PERSON BLAMED VIRGIN. YOU ARE BACKWARDS SERIOUSLY.

..................................... GO PLAY YOUR GAMES ONLINE BY YOURSELF AS YOU SAID DOWNLOAD AWAY YOUR 14% ERROR FREE.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

The team dealing with this have asked for the make and model of your routers and weather or not your using a wireless connection.

It cant hurt to include your ISP as well.

The more people who provide this the better so let me know the above and I will pass it on.

Thanks,

SFZ

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cornishsurf

45%
02 Rank
Progress
cornishsurf
Accepted Solution
In response SFZ my router is

Virgin Media Super Hub
Model VMDG480
I am using Wireless
and finally my ISP is Virgin

Hope this information is what you require SFZ.

Stay safe everyone :)
0 Kudos

Stay safe everyone

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jenks1977

76%
02 Rank
Progress
jenks1977
Accepted Solution

@SuperFastZombie wrote:

Hi guys,

The team dealing with this have asked for the make and model of your routers and weather or not your using a wireless connection.

It cant hurt to include your ISP as well.

The more people who provide this the better so let me know the above and I will pass it on.

Thanks,

SFZ

hi sfz

im using virgin media 10 mg wired connection

netgear wgr614v9

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jenks1977

76%
02 Rank
Progress
jenks1977
Accepted Solution

Had a call off sony after i e-mailed them telling them that they hadnt called me so gave them 5 days worth of dates and times they could call me and as i have said they just have.

Anyways spoke to rob a nice polite chap but as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike when it come to solvinng this issue he just kept repeating what i had told him i had allready tried and told me they were the only solutions he could offer.

So after speaking to him i thought i would try a hard reset on my router again (which last time i tried screwed my internet right up and couldnt get back online) so with a hammer in one hand phone in the other to ring virgin i reset router and prayed.....................................................................................

To my suprise my internet still worked so put phone down and tried downloading zen pinball as its only a 6 min download and have had various issues with this game sometimes it installed but didnt update others it didnt install at all to my suprise it installed and updated so now trying to update burnout paradise and so far so good will keep you all posted on what happens

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jenks1977

76%
02 Rank
Progress
jenks1977
Accepted Solution

@jenks1977 wrote:

Had a call off sony after i e-mailed them telling them that they hadnt called me so gave them 5 days worth of dates and times they could call me and as i have said they just have.

Anyways spoke to rob a nice polite chap but as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike when it come to solvinng this issue he just kept repeating what i had told him i had allready tried and told me they were the only solutions he could offer.

So after speaking to him i thought i would try a hard reset on my router again (which last time i tried screwed my internet right up and couldnt get back online) so with a hammer in one hand phone in the other to ring virgin i reset router and prayed.....................................................................................

To my suprise my internet still worked so put phone down and tried downloading zen pinball as its only a 6 min download and have had various issues with this game sometimes it installed but didnt update others it didnt install at all to my suprise it installed and updated so now trying to update burnout paradise and so far so good will keep you all posted on what happens

right it seems as if ive been cured brunout installed updated so thought would try luck with battlefield 3 which has a massive update and as if by magic it has worked seems a bit crazy that after a call from sony and trying another reset everything is now working but hey im happy now.

thanks to sfz and everyone who has posted on here will be popping in here to see if there is anyway i can help anyone else who is having this issue

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

farreach56

26%
02 Rank
Progress
farreach56
Accepted Solution

ok my isp is-

BRIGHTHOUSE

i use a-

Motorola SURFboard  SBG6580

i believe i got it right

and i am using a-

wired connection 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

farreach56

26%
02 Rank
Progress
farreach56
Accepted Solution

i heard people were getting the issue solved by using the google

dns primary:         8.8.8.8

dns secondary:   8.8.4.4

i am trying it out as i was getting major issues 100% fail rate with larger than 5 gig file tried to down load a 10 gig file (record of agarest war) with no success always failed and i downloaded it seems like 100 times

but i will update to find out if the google dns worked

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

farreach56

26%
02 Rank
Progress
farreach56
Accepted Solution

the dns thing didn't help

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

farreach56

26%
02 Rank
Progress
farreach56
Accepted Solution

i am totally fed up i am sick and tired of sony telling me the issue is on my end when they need to fix it

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

camcan98

80%
02 Rank
Progress
camcan98
Accepted Solution

Thats nice to hear Jenks :smileyhappy: 

Im gonna try a bunch of small tweaks to my router. Im not gonna go get it all twisted up, just like little tweaks you know. If I find a solution by some miracle, ill post it here ASAP. But there still is a 99% chance its sonys problem.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jenks1977

76%
02 Rank
Progress
jenks1977
Accepted Solution

Hope you get some kind of joy think ive been quite lucky

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the info guys, I have passed it on and will keep you in the loop.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

UPDATED:

Hi guys,

The error code 80029564 which appears while attempting to download a game patch is an indicator that there has been a connection issue to the server during the download attempt. The reason for this may be down to a number of factors.

Some Virgin Media consumers were experiencing this issue, however this was subsequently identified and fixed by Virgin prior to Christmas '12. So the if the issue is still persisting there are other reasons this may be the case.

As the error code is only an indicator of the connection there are several troubleshooting suggestions that can be tried.

• This may be down to load on the server at that point in time, in which case you can wait and attempt to download the file when the servers are less busy.

• There may be a high level of traffic caused by other internet users, so again you may want to attempt the download at a different time.

• If you continue to get the issue you can try resetting the modem and router for a number of minutes, and then restart them. Once this is done try re-establishing a connection between the router and your PlayStation 3 from the beginning.

If you have any futher queries or issues let me know.

SFZ

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ibby665

26%
02 Rank
Progress
ibby665
Accepted Solution

MY GAMES ARE NOT UPDATING PLZ HELP :Evil: :Sniper: :smileysad:

0 Kudos

ibby665

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

abhimanyoo

24%
02 Rank
Progress
abhimanyoo
Accepted Solution

Hi,

I got the GTA V and i ahve been facing the same problem! I am using an ethernet cable for my PS3.

I have already downloaded the a lot of times. 

1. It was just 4.5 gb and it said error.

2. time whole 18 gb and then didnt get installed and ittook me 15 hours to download the game and i have a 30 Mbps speed so thats really slow.

please help me i have been getting the same error! it wont install over 15%.

Abhi

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AThummy

23%
02 Rank
Progress
AThummy
Accepted Solution

I have tried to re install / download three or four times now, and it downloads fine - but every time it gets to around 10% on the install, and then says there was an error.

I really wanna play GTA!!!! :( 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
25%
02 Rank
Progress
Yannick__BLaZe__
Accepted Solution

At what time the server is less busy??

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sembisingh

31%
02 Rank
Progress
sembisingh
Accepted Solution

yo man wassup my games are giving me this crap error 80029564 all my games fifa 15 14 13 call of duty all of them

gta 5 4. i tried changing the dns primary n secondary did that safe mode thing still its the same so do u know how to

sort this thing out man i need to play online

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

akazero5000

23%
02 Rank
Progress
akazero5000
Accepted Solution

Hi.  I'm in South Africa and ust got the Black Ops 3 for xmas.  Trying to install but also having the same issue as the other guys.  I'm a Telkom user and using a hard line into the PS3.  Have tried to install this about 3 times now and its painfull as it takes over an hour each time before it fails out.  Please help.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Okuhlesdad

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Okuhlesdad
Accepted Solution

hi iam nathi js bought call of duty black ops 3 and it wont get installed it keep sayin error code i even flashed my ps3 stil no luck, so plz any1

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel