NatersTheGreat

51%
02 Rank
Progress

Explanation or Solution to Error 80010514

19 Replies 61,768 Views Created 05-01-2013
05 Jan 2013
By NatersTheGreat

I've had a refurbished PS3 for about 3 and a half months now, but recently I've been getting Error Code 80010514 when I start LittleBigPlanet2, my only PS3 game (I have up PS2 and PS1 games that play fine).

The weird thing is, I don't get the error code every time. I can usually play LBP2 normally, but sometimes when too many things are loading at once, the game freezes, and the only way I can get out of the freeze is to eject the disc or shut the system off altogether.

After you start the PS3 up again, the problems begin to arise. It seems that after an LBP2 freeze, the system no longer detects the disc at all and when it does, I get error 80010514 when I play it. 

Usually if I take the disc out, turn off the system and let everything sit overnight, everything works good the next morning.

In the past few weeks LBP2 has begun to freeze more and more frequently, which leads to the PS3 craziness and error 80010514's more and more frequently as well. I suspect that my Blu-Ray player is beginning to die, but I'm wondering if you guys have any other ideas as to what the problem is. This is already my second PS3 (the first one got the yellow light of death in its first few hours), so I'm not really intent on getting a new one or a large repair unless completely necessary. 

I'm certain that this Error 80010514 is the root of the trouble, so basically, what does this error code mean, and what are the reasonable solutions?

Thanks, NatersTheGreat.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JellyBabyRanger

60%
02 Rank
Progress
JellyBabyRanger
Accepted Solution

Start by having the system in standby.

Hold the power button down till the system will turn on and turn off.

Press and hold the power button again, and hold it: it will beep as it turns on and then it will double beep. When you hear the double beep immediately take your finger off the power button 

You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button.

Now you'll see a series of options, this is VERY important, as a miss click will result in erasing your PS3 HDD.

The option you want to click is RESTORE FILE SYSTEM.

Finally, it is going to restart and bring up a screen reading Corrupted System Data. Your PS will now replace this data Then you choose continue and that should be it.

0 Kudos

Re: Explanation or Solution to Error 80010514

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Coll199

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Coll199
Accepted Solution
I did that and it still isnt working. Sad thing is that my game is GTA V and i never had this error before.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheStill

• Beta Tester
99%
12 Rank
Progress
TheStill
Accepted Solution

Its a disc read error.  I've had this happen once to me.

If all other games still work fine its nothing to worry about.  Its a bit of a weird one i found when i bought red faction armegeddon i would get this error very often.  I noticed if ps3 was cold it had no problem everything ran fine no problems.  If ps3 was warm after playing other games this error would pop up no matter what i tried. Trying disc in other ps3 the game worked fine no problems.  18 months later same ps3 and games still run fine but if  i pop this game in nope don't like it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NatersTheGreat

51%
02 Rank
Progress
NatersTheGreat
Accepted Solution

I restored the file system and cleaned the dust from inside the console. Now the PS3 always recognizes the disc, which is good, I guess, but whenever I start LBP2 it will go straight to Error 80010514, which is bad. Is the next step to get a new PS3, send it in to Sony for a 150$ repair, or is there another option? Please let me know. I really want this thing to work again - I've only had it for four months.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

80010514 indicates a disc read error. Please follow the suggested actions in this error code article. Please let me know how you get on.

SFZ

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BlasterRaj

21%
02 Rank
Progress
BlasterRaj
Accepted Solution

I am having the same problem with Black Op2 and very frustrating. Never took out the game out from the PS3, nor did change any setting. Suddenly one day the problem started, however used to start after few tries. Now almost nonoperational for the Black OP2, other discs are working flawlessly.

Format the HDD couple of time; clean the disk, followed the troubleshoot mentioned on the PSN…....not luck...:(

@SuperFastZombie wrote:

80010514 indicates a disc read error. Give the steps suggested in this guide a go. Please let me know how you get on.

SFZ

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Generalplot

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Generalplot
Accepted Solution

This is very common (especially in slim models). It's indicative that the lens is failing. If your console is out of warranty and you have decent repair skills, you can buy a replacement lens (for fat models CECHA-CECHG it would be a KES-400A, for fat models from CECHH-CECHQ it would be a KES-410A and all 3000 series slims use a KES-450A). Lens replacements are considerably cheap and will take less than an hour to install. Keep in mind that this will require disassembling your PS3 and BluRay drive. There are guides out there for this type of repair, though I suggest avoiding youtube.

0 Kudos

PS3 Console modding and repairs

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Generalplot

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Generalplot
Accepted Solution
Meant to say 2000 and 3000 series slims take a KES-450A. ;)
0 Kudos

PS3 Console modding and repairs

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KatNutzz

23%
02 Rank
Progress
KatNutzz
Accepted Solution
I have the new wireless white ps3 and I wanted to play dead rising 2 (disc) and I started it and downloaded latest version, the tried to download hdd and it said data corrupted delete game data so I did and tried again and I gave me error code 80010514 so can somebody help I really want to play it and all of my other games work
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FutureReady

22%
02 Rank
Progress
FutureReady
Accepted Solution
Mine has been doing this as well. I know it's a disk read error. I believe it may be do to the lens/laser overheating. Everything works after a full cool down.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bestie1971

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Bestie1971
Accepted Solution

i get this code with ar nosurge but strangely enuff i formatted my hdd and it played frirst time yet when ive saved the game and tried again later i got this code  again  so i know its neither game or the blueray?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
XX_tinylyttle_XX
Accepted Solution
Battlefield 4 is doing the same thing to me:(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheBeast1778

21%
02 Rank
Progress
TheBeast1778
Accepted Solution
Same with me but the error code happen when I try to play black ops 1 and I been using it for a year and I had no issues until now and I need help.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

HeavensElite

22%
02 Rank
Progress
HeavensElite
Accepted Solution

when i look up that error code it says to clean the disc try that then try playing it again it cannot be cloudy or anything or the game will not work

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sackkrab02

22%
02 Rank
Progress
sackkrab02
Accepted Solution

I have the super slim model, I tried to do the stages but it didn't go to restore file system, my Minecraft won't work anymore but my plants vs zombies works perfectly. Please help

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

artemlapez

30%
02 Rank
Progress
artemlapez
sackkrab02
Accepted Solution

hallo my pvz is having rhis trouble i cant even access the game nowIMG_6272.PNG

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KidABeachGod-

23%
02 Rank
Progress
KidABeachGod-
Accepted Solution

My gta keep freezing Everytime I play for good 10 minutes it freez and I keep freezing Everytime gta load up on first picture idk if it my ps3 or gta bc I just got a new disk still doing samething 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
25%
02 Rank
Progress
deathGhost445677
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ellenb95

22%
02 Rank
Progress
ellenb95
Accepted Solution

I have been getting the same thing come up on my ps3 I play gta 5 for not even more than two hours, then my ps3 just suddenly freezes. I know its not the disc as this is the second disc I've brought( as in gta) but I turn it off , then turn it back on then I try to play my game n it just comes up with ''ERROR 80010514'' no way I'm paying £110 just for a replacement. ***** sony need to sort it. not buying another one.

0 Kudos

Ellen.Burton
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel