By CaptainCalanecus
23%
02 Rank
Progress

Controllers

8 Replies 302 Views Created 06-08-2014
06 Aug 2014
By CaptainCalanecus

the PS4 controllers are so bad. i cant believe how appalling and dismal they are.

while your playing a game and enjoying it the trigger buttons seem to get stuck or not work 60 percent of the time. the L3 or R3 buttons sometimes never work just no connection. and also the buttons just pop off half the time for no reason.

the recharge is good but the controller and light drain the battery even if you have all the power saving on the controller.

plus if u accidentally drop the controller or let it slip and it hits the ground, it doesn't work anymore, recharging it doesn't do it,

here are some suggestions...

the ability to turn the light completely off while using the controller would be a very good idea, save power and recharge time,

redesign the controller or buttons so we don't get sticky triggers or lost buttons, it may be hard but it could be for the better

make the controllers shock, fall, bash proof, or give us controller protectors that can absorb damage.

these are a few things that could make the PS4 better and more entertaining.

and remember its #4theplayers

0 Kudos
LABELS: PS4
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

PAPO1990

• Beta Tester
87%
04 Rank
Progress
PAPO1990
Accepted Solution

You can dim the light, which will help extend battery life, but the light bar is acctually quite important. Not everyone will necicarily use it, but it ID's players (P1 P2 ect.) it's used for tracking with the PS Camera, and some games use it as an auxilery status indicator.

Also it it really that hard to acctually hold the controller without dropping it??? how high up are you that it's breaking the controller? Anyway, how much do you want the controller to cost? They already aren't cheap, more robust = more expensive.

0 Kudos

Re: Controllers

Walking Under Stars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution
For the record, my controller that I got with my launch day console back on November 29th last year is still working flawlessly. I've never had a problem with the triggers or L3/R3 at all. None of my buttons have fallen off. I suspect you got a faulty controller and you should take it back for a warranty exchange.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

iLythium

79%
04 Rank
Progress
iLythium
Accepted Solution

Same here Renze.

Never had an issue with mine at all. The thumbsticks are still perfect as well and I use mine almost every day.

If the controller is about to run flat, I usually just plug it in to the laptop which is always within reach in order to charge it.

- Lyth

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
80%
02 Rank
Progress
ScuderiaFogliani
Accepted Solution

Yeah I can also confirm that my launch day controller has been flawless for me... not one issue.

In fact I just got a new red one today! :D Looks even better in my hand!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bakerbou

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Bakerbou
Accepted Solution

Does anyone know how  much of a F around it is to get a replacment controller for split rubbers?

I ordered mine from the sony online store, its a release controller.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Scion_122

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Scion_122
Accepted Solution

Hey Bakerbou,

I'm sorry to hear about your DualShock 4 there.

As you purchased the controller from the Sony Online Store, to organise an exchange you'll need to submit a query via their website.

Regards,

Scion_122

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XxJIMIxX_

51%
02 Rank
Progress
XxJIMIxX_
Accepted Solution
I've read that if you open it up, you can install a DS3 battery and it will increase battery life.

Not much else you can do.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

III_Cujo_III

80%
02 Rank
Progress
III_Cujo_III
Accepted Solution

I have said it before and I will say it again... The DS4 is Pure Hand Candy, I have had none of the issues you have listed, I think the quality is outstanding and absolutley love it, it is the best controller I have ever used... and I have used many.

Granted the battery life is short, however I just have my second DS4 charging while I drain the other one...

I understand you may have a bad one and I am sorrry you have to see the bad side of this brilliant hardware, however please dont judge them all based on one bad example!!!

Good luck with your exchange, I hope you can join me in hand candy town soon!!!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel