Problem Solved

View Original Post
01 May 2014
By ILLOGI7ECH74

ILLOGI7ECH74

46%
02 Rank
Progress

How many of you PS 4 gamers are over 40 ?

35 Replies 1,773 Views Created 01-05-2014
01 May 2014
By ILLOGI7ECH74

Greeting Ladies n Gents,

I'm from Adelaide and turning the big 4-0 at the end of this year and I just thought I'd throw up a post to see how many of you PS 4 gamers,like myself,are starting to get long in the tooth.

I have gamed with all the consoles over the years.My introduction to online gaming was on the PC playing "Counterstrike" (dont hold it against me) and the original "Battlefield".

I used to love the squad based play and late night gaming sessions with like minded people on "Battlefield 2" as well,but started to lose interest in the end as the haxors were rife."Bad Company" just wasn't the same.

Anyway,long story short Ive decided to get back into online gaming.I didn't want to build another $1500-$2000 gaming rig,so i figured my best "Bang for buck" was to buy a PS4........and here i am.

If you too are my age or above and need some older bastar......er.....acquaintances in your friends list,feel free to send me a request and we can own some of these young punks :Winner:

There are also some online driving games up and coming that look pretty tasty,so I might need some cannon fodder to run off the road after a few scotches.........:Thumbs:

Own up.Don't be shy now..........

ILLOGI7ECH74

0 Kudos
LABELS: PS4 General
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sbi-7

83%
05 Rank
Progress
sbi-7
Accepted Solution

Turned 46 today and still gaming when i can.

0 Kudos

Re: How many of you PS 4 gamers are over 40 ?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

EVOVI12

• Beta Tester
98%
07 Rank
Progress
EVOVI12
Accepted Solution

Happy Birthday @sbi-7  !!!  Have an awesome day !

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Qetzqequotel

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Qetzqequotel
Accepted Solution

My first game was on Apple 1 computer - Star Trek in DOS. K = Klingon ship; E = Enterpirse and * = asteroids.

You had to calculate the trajectory, for photons.

Roll playing games were in text and you had to imagine lay out areas.

I am 51, who can beat that?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution
I played that Star Trek game on an Apple ][+ at high school. It wasn't DOS, by the way. It was Apple Basic (back in the day when the OS was also a programming language.) DOS came a few years later.

I can't beat the age though, I'll be 45 in 12 days.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Qetzqequotel

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Qetzqequotel
Accepted Solution

Your right it was Apple Basic... :smileyfrustrated:

It was good though... games have come so far since then 

0 Kudos

Re: How many of you PS 4 gamers a Ire over 40 ?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StaraRaja

49%
02 Rank
Progress
StaraRaja
Accepted Solution
Hi, Im 44 years old. The games i playing are BF4 and Awesomenauts. Im currently rank 2 on PS3 Awesomenauts, and rank 3 and 6 on PS4 Awesomenauts. I was rank 1 on booth consoles Already owning young punks lol
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Darkstarrau

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Darkstarrau
Accepted Solution

HI All

I just turned 48 and still gaming when i can on pc and ps3/ps4. Been playing eso, steam games on pc and looking forward to playing Destiny, Drive Club, Diablo 3 ROS on the ps4 :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StaraRaja

49%
02 Rank
Progress
StaraRaja
Accepted Solution
Tryed destiny yesterday, it looks ok
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lll_FarQM8_lll

51%
02 Rank
Progress
lll_FarQM8_lll
Accepted Solution

turning 35 this month and got a ps4 few weeks back and never had a ps3 so my psn is rather dead, feel free to add me people , I have a missus 2 kids, work monday to friday like casual drink and firing up BBQ when not on my ps4.

lll_FarQM8_lll 

1 Kudo

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

worriorzombie84

40%
02 Rank
Progress
worriorzombie84
Accepted Solution

Hey guys, just turned 30 this year and have just got my ps4 and im loving it. I only have two friends at the mo. I love playing COD and looking foreward to destiny. Im not very good at it but i love it!! I must admit it would be nice to play with actual adults. please add me if you guys want a friend!! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GSREvolution

29%
02 Rank
Progress
GSREvolution
Accepted Solution

Wow, similar story... turned 40 this year, and in Adelaide as well... at least I'm not the only one.  Just finishing off infamous inbetween bouts of the Battlefield Hardline Beta (as well as 4).  Not convinced about an auto buy for it when it is released, but will definately have a look at some point...

Been a sony man since the first PS all the way through (still own psp, 2 vitas, 2 PS3s and a PS4 :P), looking forward to some descent driving games on the ps4 (although in saying that I didnt mind NFS Rivals).

Brett

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrazyWombat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
CrazyWombat
Accepted Solution

Just turned 43 few days ago and started out on some crazy looking thing called a Magnavox Odyssey my Uncle gave me ohhhh crap now I gone and done it making myself fill old again but young at heart ;)

Also from Adelaide.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KL4YM0RE974

45%
02 Rank
Progress
KL4YM0RE974
Accepted Solution
Hey what's up guys! I'll be hitting the 40 mark next month. I started out with Atari 2600,7800 Nintendo, Sega,PS1,Xbox,X360,PS3 and now currently playing PS4. I just started getting back into my games and online playing after taking a few months off. I usually play FPS or adventure style games. I'm looking to pair or group up with other players with my same interest. I'm available on PS3 and PS4. I don't care about KD or winning every match..just trying to have a good time and few laughs. Looking forward to Destiny and yeah I guess the next COD too. Feel free to add me on..reside on east coast time.
KL4YM0RE974
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SOLIDUS1978

30%
02 Rank
Progress
SOLIDUS1978
Accepted Solution
Going on 36 and strong, started on nintendo handhelds and others then arcade machines, only console I never had was that 3DO, best console ever was the Dreamcast lol, loved it, now jamming both PS4 and XBONE, tried PCs, but couldn't, last game was Unreal Tournament, and that's along time ago
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

oz-gunner_1

33%
02 Rank
Progress
oz-gunner_1
Accepted Solution

I am a gamer from way back when. I have pasted my love of gaming onto my two kids, who are four and nine, so I often have to wait till they go to bed to have my turn. I am 43 and from Adelaide. I loved my PS3 to death and I am loving the PS4. I am currently playing The Last of Us, Infamous Second Son, Watch Dogs and I am a huge sports gamer fan, so I love FIFA. Being and NFL fan I can't wait for Madden 15. Also super keen on Diablo 3 as I played it on the PS3, can't wait to see DriveClub and of course I am super keen for Destiny in September. 

If any of those appeal, then by all means add me.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel