Problem Solved

View Original Post
31 Aug 2014
By alayham0

alayham0

56%
02 Rank
Progress

Is the playstation 4 region free or locked ?

3 Replies 103,620 Views Created 31-08-2014
31 Aug 2014
By alayham0

Hi : 

I'm planing to order my new PS4 from one of online stores in USA and I'm based in Saudi Arabia .

Need your help to know if the PS4 is region free and i can play both PAL and NTSC or any other game region on the PS4 USA model . 

Please let me know if any restrictions ot issues i will face and what is your recomendation .

0 Kudos
LABELS: PS4
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution

Firstly, is there a reason you're posting this in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forum?

Secondly, the PS4 is region free for games, but for legal reasons DLC is locked by region. If you buy a game from the US, for example, you will have to purchase all the DLC from the North American PSN Store. If you buy your games locally, then there shouldn't be a problem. Please note that the console is region locked for DVDs and Blu-ray movies.

Also, PAL and NTSC are obsolete analogue television broadcast standards and completely irrelevant to the PS4. The PS4 only has a digital output and has shed the old analogue output of previous consoles. The only problem you might have is with the power cable – you might need an adaptor plug.

1 Kudo

Re: Is the playstation 4 region free or locked ?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

alayham0

56%
02 Rank
Progress
alayham0
Accepted Solution

Hi 

Thanks for your help and sorry i didn't noteced that its Australia and newzeland forum.

Then as per your update below , I will not face any issue regarding the game if it PAL NTSC or other all will work with no issues right ? 

For the DVD and ble-ray , is there any way to covert it to our PAL region .

For what you mentioned regarding the DLC ,  what is DLC ? doe you mean the update and other adds on . 

Regards 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution
PAL and NTSC are completely irrelevant. Erase these words from your mind. They mean nothing any more. All games work on all PS4s, no matter where they are in the world or where they come from.

It is not a matter of "converting" DVDs and Blu-ray movies to PAL (again, irrelevant)... the console will be region locked to region 1, which means only DVDs and Blu-rays from that region (North America) will play. There is no way that I am aware of to unlock this.

DLC is shorthand for DownLoadable Content... add-ons for the game. It has to be locked by region so it can have the same rating and classification as the game itself in that region. Game updates are not handled in the same way, so don't worry about that.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel