Riotz_TDA

28%
02 Rank
Progress

Sony: EA Access NOT ON PLAYSTATION?

3 Replies 115 Views Created 09-08-2014
09 Aug 2014
By Riotz_TDA

"Sony said last week that it did not think the service offered the kind of value PlayStation fans have come to expect."

What a silly move honestly, i love my Ps4, and as a previous xbox owner, vowed never to get xbox again, i even sold the 360 and bought a ps3 also.

Allthough after seeing this I'm regretting my decision slightly, I beleive as consumers we should be represented in the decisions that are made, it seems Sony is just chasing profit with a decision like this. 

I'm sure that people will disagree with me, but this is my opinion and just as you're entitled to yours I am entitled to mine :)

Please reconsider this sony.. Don't drop your guard just because you have a massive lead in the console industry at the moment, remember alot of your current user base are old xbox users, and if a console starts being more innovative and better value for money you can be sure that people will make the transition to that.

0 Kudos
LABELS: PS4
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JandTNZ

80%
02 Rank
Progress
JandTNZ
Accepted Solution

You are right, other people are just as entitled to their opinion as you are yours.

So here we go Mr. Passive Aggressive :p .

The way I understand the service offered by EA is that it will be a fee on top of what we already pay now for PS+ and that it will give you access to a pool of EA games which will grow over time just like the IGC. And while you do not need XBL Gold to get access to the EA service you will still need Gold to get the most out of it. 

Now I seriously doubt that any of the games on offer by EA are going to be AAA new releases as it would make no sense financially to do so. EA wants and NEEDS you to pay top dollar for that years Battlefield or Madden. So it will be access to EA's back catalog (the types of games that many have already been included or are in the works to come to the Instant Game Collection) the games of yester year whos sales have declined enough to include them in the pool. It would be a good way for EA to ease a little more money from old games with the subscription fee, additional rotation of dlc and removing used game sales.

It's a little paternalistic of Sony to make the decision for you and just like you I'm already feeling the hurt from the lack of freedom to make my own choices. BUT Playstation has the right to make that call and the more I think about it the EA service is one I'm not likely to use anyhow. It's a decent service for the hardcore EA sports fan with a raging nostalgia feever but little else. So not me. I'm a FPS and 3rd person adventure fan and a year after launch the multiplayer arena is a virtual ghoast town, other then revisiting a setting and story once in a while I'd rather pull it from a shelf when I feel like it and not continue to pay for a service I probably won't get my moneys worth from.

Now the closest thing Sony will have is PSNow and as yet we have no idea how much that will cost or when it will get down to our small part of the globe. There may be a feature of the full service that will include a bulk discount or subscription service to a favourate publisher or developer, it's just speculation but for now that is all we have to go on. Heck it's even speculation that the EA service will make it this far south of the equator.

So before some members of the comunity start acting like spoilt, entitled, irrational children and tossing there toys. Can we all just take a deep breath, step back and act like mature and resonable adaults for a change.

0 Kudos

Re: Sony: EA Access NOT ON PLAYSTATION?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Riotz_TDA

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Riotz_TDA
Accepted Solution
He he you do have a point but the fact that you have to resort to insults to get your point across is pretty pathetic. But you do raise some good points none the less.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JandTNZ

80%
02 Rank
Progress
JandTNZ
Accepted Solution

Sadly most times these days a harsh word or several is the only way people will stop to listen. As for insults this has none, I may have been a little tuff, but I call it how I see it. I'll save the insults for the people who truelly diserve them.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel