Jerseyboy198234

40%
02 Rank
Progress

Anthem connection problem

33 Replies 6,498 Views Created 24-02-2019
24 Feb 2019
By Jerseyboy198234

I preordered anthem and ever since the release date I haven't been able to play because it says the anthem service is currently unavailable its been like this since released I cant play HELP PLEASE

LABELS: Online-PSN
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bigbillishere

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Bigbillishere
Accepted Solution

I just did a little over 3 gig patch. I was hoping it helped with some of the Disconnecting.

It dont do anything I'm still getting disconnected I can barely do 1 mission and have to restart everything.  Is there any solutions out there I have restarted the game I have re installed the game. My Internet speed is 200 over 75. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gregkg

26%
02 Rank
Progress
gregkg
Accepted Solution

I pre-ordered this game, downloaded Friday 2/22 hoping to play on Saturday. So I log in on Sat., only to find a huge download. That download installed but the game would never progress beyond the 'connecting to servers...' screen. Same issue all day Sunday. Today I singed in again. Another download to do. It installed but the game can never connect to EA's servers. 

This is bull-sh*t. Every other PS4 online games and all of my various devices have no problem with my internet. And all EA wants you to do is restart your modem, fuddle with network settings and hope that works. Total CRAP!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

pachl123518

21%
02 Rank
Progress
pachl123518
Accepted Solution

Yeah anthem is a great game,there are still alot of bugs going with it that need fixed,i will  be almost done with a mission then lose connection,and have to start all over again. I've checked my internet connection it's direct ethernet so can't be my internet I never have connection issues with my internet.other then few bugs and polishes that need to be fixed with the game I can't wait for it to be working 100%.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

akragman

21%
02 Rank
Progress
akragman
Accepted Solution

I can’t get passed the login screen either. Preordered it and finally got it in, and can’t play it. Little frustrating, I’ve been looking forward to playing this.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RIP_FIRE_2k15

23%
02 Rank
Progress
RIP_FIRE_2k15
Accepted Solution

Cart play game still keep sayin connections problems went let me play the game watt so eva

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

killamilf71

21%
02 Rank
Progress
killamilf71
Accepted Solution

I re downloaded Anthem today 3-19-19 and I have tried to play and I keep getting a message that say connection issues....and I AM F'ING ***** OFF THAT I HAVE TRIED TO PLAY THIS GAME SINCE RELEASE DATE AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO PLAY THE DAMN THING AND WASTED $60.00!!!!  I BOUGHT THE DIGITAL GAME FROM THE PS STORE GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK ASAP I AM NOT GOING TO KEEP WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING TO PLAY!!!!!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
killamilf71
Accepted Solution

ANTHEM

PLATFORM All
TCP 443, 8080
UDP 3659, 21000-26000

Anthem uses the firewall ports listed above either open them to fix connection issues or set up a DMZ. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TAZ_MAN

60%
02 Rank
Progress
TAZ_MAN
Accepted Solution

People I see so many guys saying use port forwarding, this will not help at all. First lets take a look at what is really happening here. We connect to Sony, not anthem servers, then Sony connects to Anthem, the issue is Sony and Anthem, we need to be hounding Sony to get better connection with Anthem servers, its not on us. Secondly if you own a router that was made within the last 10 years, them your router utilizes UPNP, and automatically opens any and all ports as needed and closes them after it is done, this is the only secure way to safe guard your router, never never listen to anyone shouting port forwarding. Furthermore port forwarding only helps on PC that directly connects to that server, in out case we connect to Sony and we are not losing connection to Sony, after anthem boots me, I still see my friends list and have total connection to sony, proving this is a sony, anthem issue. If by any magic you last longer after opening ports, its luck and will be on a game to game luck, it will not be lasting, and really was luck. I get booted randomly, if I port forwarded, and my next game seemed to last longer, luck, nothing more. Port forwarding only works to the Sony server, the next server in line sony server needs to open ports if anything need port forwarding its sony, and I can promise you Sony will never port forward, and let another hacker attempt happen. Now if anyone is having issue staying connected to sony servers, then yes port forwarding may well work, but I can promise you, no one has any issues connecting to sony. Now sony does use old UPNP code, and all newer routers are using very much updated UPNP code, this does cause a UPNP issue, between the PlayStation and some newer routers, but again only randomly and never is this the actually cause of the issues we see with Anthem. lets all complain to Sony and Anthem to get this sorted out, this will do better than you trying to work this out with changing router settings that will do nothing more than make your router vulnerable to attack.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
TAZ_MAN
Accepted Solution

Nothing to do with Sony. 

Anthem is hosted on EA servers and uses different ports PSN uses. 

Anthem - Playstation 4

• TCP: 1935,3478-3480,8080
  • UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3659,21000-26000

(TCP 1935 and UDP 21000-26000) 

There is also huge problem with some routers released in the last few years due to the Intel Puma 6 chipset, not only does this chipset cause latency issues it also doesn't handle UDP and TCP network traffic very well.

UK ISP Virgin and US ISP Comcast are two ISP's that actually supply the Superhub 3/Arris router with the Puma 6 chipset , I don't know about Comcast customers but many Virgin Media customers place their Superhub in modem mode and use their own router with game changing improvements. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TAZ_MAN

60%
02 Rank
Progress
TAZ_MAN
mont348
Accepted Solution

I might add, you are kind of behind in your knowledge, back in PS3 days we actually did connect right to game server for many games, and if the PSN went down for many games we could still play, Sony locked that up with all the issues of bullying and hacking and messages spamming, they wanted all traffic run through PSN first then to the servers, another reason we have lag, too many points of failure. Sorry to say Sony may very well be the weak link, and most likely is as Sony wants the cash they do not want to pay for good servers and the man power to run them. Anyway thought you should know, but giving anyone advice to open any ports is reckless, all routers made in the last decade do not need it, they all work great, you mention UK and I will take that you are from there, and the Arris router is given out by cable companies, usually a modem/router combo, that would be foolish to run anything a cable company gives out router wise. Anyone knows take the modem, bridge it and run your own router. Buy a good quality router like ASUS, Linksys, ETC, and have no worries. I have connection issues with Anthem we all do and I can tell you my routers are good and work well, the issue is Sony, and Anthem, for you EA, but I wont bother to argue who is hosting the server for Antehm as it makes no difference, it’s still the connecting from Sony to the host server that will be the issue and not on our PLaystations. Now if you were a PC and connected direct to host server, yup I would agree, but this is not the case.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TAZ_MAN

60%
02 Rank
Progress
TAZ_MAN
Accepted Solution

Sorry but in this case you are very wrong. Proof is try logging into an anthem server not connected to PSN, you cannot. It is the PSN that handles that negotiation. Been doing this work for many years, it is a sony, anthem issue, not even EA, since, we have been using EA servers for a very long time with sony and this would have been resolved already had it been a simple EA server issue. Nope, facts is everyone needs to be complaining that sony and anthem get its act together, I do not care who hosts it, it can be EA if it make you happy, buy opening ports on your router will fix nothing, since you go though Sony servers to connect to any other gaming server, and the portal is Sony. You can open every port on your router and if Sony does not have it right you wont be able to connect, stay connected, or have any kind of smooth service. If PSN goes down, you get disconnected from your game. Had that happen to me many times, PSN goes down, I cannot connect to a game and any game I was playing got disconnected. So here we see the direct connection is Sony, and in fact the most important link is sony. I have been chatting with Sony and they already know, in fact just recently they released an update that was supposed to address that performance issue, lolololol, so I am right yet again, aahhhhhb it sucks to be right, but I am. Have a nice day and be well.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
TAZ_MAN
Accepted Solution

I don't need to fix anything with my connection I never get disconnected from PSN. 

Since owning my standard PS4 since November 2014 and Pro last month, there's been a few instances where I couldn't get on due to scheduled maintenance or the Xmas 2014 DDOS attack, if I am online before scheduled maintenance starts or even if PSN is partially down I can stay online no problem. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TAZ_MAN

60%
02 Rank
Progress
TAZ_MAN
Accepted Solution

Sorry to say but you proved my point, you still needed to log in to play, and I was a part of that, and can say you are not being honest, and are sounding like a troll. The truth t all that was, gaming during that time was almost impossible, if you could log in, most gaming was down, you cold barely send a message. If you did get to your game, it was soooooo laggy you could not even enjoy it or it was unplayable. End point, sony has an issue you have an issue, its all backlash, as with ANthem. Troll this post all you want , your just proving my point, you Brits are crazy.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel