21%
02 Rank
Progress

Controller Issues

1 Reply 117 Views Created 16-04-2018
16 Apr 2018
By brickbacon90

Hi guys I'm really disappointed with the issues im having 

I've had my ps4 about 14 months but for the past probably 6 months the controller has been a mega pain !

Basically at first the charge wasn't lasting long in the controller so my first plan was buy a power pack,,,, didn't help at all 

Then I discovered it would only work when charging (wasn't holding charge at all) so I changed the cable which made 0 difference so next I replaced the battery with once again 0 difference 

At this point I decided to just use the controller whilst plugged in which worked ok for a while but now the controller is playing up whilst connected it's basically failing to register my  actions after say 10 minutes play  i.e. I press the x button but nothing happens , I flick the analogue but it dosent work etc.

I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices for a new controller in fear of having the same issues

Does anyone have any solutions ? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

If it's cutting out after 10 minutes or so, it could well be it isn't a genuine PlayStation product.

Check the serial number via this

We can fix your issue or arrange a replacement for your (DS4\PS4\PS3\Aim Controller\PS VR) with our PlayStation online service tool. Give it a go!

https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/

As you have a UK account, if it's genuine, it'll be recognised by the tool.

Either way, let us know, and we'll see if there's anything else we can suggest.

I think you likely have two separate problems, one being battery/charging port related; and the other is the' non responsive after 10 minutes' controller which I'm suspecting is likely to have become apparent since system software 5.50 around early March.

Controller Issues

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel