View Original Post
03 Jul 2017
By Tsuikyit

Tsuikyit

56%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Does SIE Moderation take action against people who send hate mail?

[ Edited ]
5 Replies 8,151 Views edited 03-07-2017
03 Jul 2017
By Tsuikyit

Ever since 2015, I have been continually harassed by a PSN user which I will not name since that is a violation of the rules on the forums.       

I have a small YouTube channel which I use solely for uploading short clips of gameplay for some of my friends to watch me play, for creating gifs or to be exported to people for personal reasons, and this guy I'm talking about found out my channel and has been hating on it ever since. But he went though my clips and found my PSN ID and here we are.         

Anyway, he has been telling me things about me and my family and filling my inbox with hate speech, vulgarities and racial slurs. I never used offensive language towards him, so I am neat no risk of being suspended. I did not block him so that I could report messages deemed offensive that are continuously sent to my PS4. Even though I have reported all the offensive ones, the messages say "Message deleted my SIE Moderation", but he is still not banned and free as a bird to send me hate. Is SIE even taking any action besides deleting the messages? I'm not too concerned about receiving hate on a day to day basis, but just wondering if any sort of punishment is dished out to people who send hate mail. 

0 Kudos
LABELS: Online-PSN
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Community Moderator

OPC-Knight

• Community Moderator
OPC-Knight
Accepted Solution

Yes, the PlayStation Moderation team takes any kind of abuse very seriously. An appropriate punishment will be decided upon based on the kind of abuse that has been sent and how many times a person as violated the code of conduct in the past.

We have been publishing a series of articles on the official PlayStation blog that contain some more information. You can read them here:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/03/26/staying-safe-on-psn-3-things-you-need-to-know-about-safet...

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/04/27/helping-you-stay-safe-on-psn-playstation-networks-code-of...

View solution in original post

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

hgwells

• MVP
92%
09 Rank
Progress
hgwells
Accepted Solution

This is a public forum, and has been said many time before, report, block, delete. Report the messages. Block the user, set your messages to receive from friends only, and if he is on your friends list, delete him from it.

You can bet your life that mods will not discuss their policies on here, in the same way they will not discuss and results of their actions.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tsuikyit

56%
02 Rank
Progress
Tsuikyit
hgwells
Accepted Solution

I did what you said. I have just blocked him and his second account

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Scarlettsealey

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Scarlettsealey
Accepted Solution

I reported some one for have and it said that on the messages that it had been deleted but I even got a message saying I did something wrong and I should not do it again but all I did was report some one for hate comments I may get an Xbox after this 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
22%
02 Rank
Progress
BlamedPainter360
Accepted Solution

Ye I had an argument with my friend on ps4 and mine his messages got deleted bysie moderation will I get suspended 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Community Moderator

OPC-Knight

• Community Moderator
OPC-Knight
Accepted Solution

Yes, the PlayStation Moderation team takes any kind of abuse very seriously. An appropriate punishment will be decided upon based on the kind of abuse that has been sent and how many times a person as violated the code of conduct in the past.

We have been publishing a series of articles on the official PlayStation blog that contain some more information. You can read them here:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/03/26/staying-safe-on-psn-3-things-you-need-to-know-about-safet...

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/04/27/helping-you-stay-safe-on-psn-playstation-networks-code-of...

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel