jonarob

59%
02 Rank
Progress

Download speed

5 Replies 824 Views Created 31-05-2016
31 May 2016
By jonarob

Before I'm patronisingly told to try all of the things I've already tried, this has been an issue since I bought the PS4 and I know this is a widespread, even worldwide problem with Sony, not the end user. So please spare me that and just tell me when this is going to be fixed.

Given that we pay for PSN now, I'm appalled by the ridiculously slow download speeds from PSN.

My PS4 is connected to my router via Ethernet. I have a 120Mb connection. My PS4 is in my router's DMZ.

On every service I use, I consistently get download speeds of 12MB/s.

On my PS4, I get unacceptably slow download speeds. I'm talking less than 100kb/s. I bought Overwatch this afternoon, returning home around 4pm and immediately putting the disk in my PS4 so the inevitable patch could download. The patch is 1.685GB and I've downloaded 218MB at the time of writing. It has been downloading for THREE HOURS. It estimates a further six hours before the download will complete.

This is completely unacceptable and is the norm on PSN as far as I can tell. What are Sony doing about this? I'm not looking for troubleshooting tips for my end. I know this is a Sony problem. Are you looking into it? What are you doing about it? My Xbox, on exactly the same setup, via Ethernet to the same router, also in the DMZ, gets 12MB/s download speeds - the maximum I can download at on my connection. PSN rarely gives me better than 1MB/s and that is on a very good day. 

I can't play Overwatch without this patch. I bought the game over three hours ago. What exactly, other than games I don't even want, is my PS Plus money paying for?

LABELS: Online-PSN
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

InSight_2k

88%
09 Rank
Progress
InSight_2k
Accepted Solution

Hi @jonarob, have you tried to turn off your router for about 5 minutes and restart?

0 Kudos

Download speed

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jonarob

59%
02 Rank
Progress
jonarob
Accepted Solution
I never even considered that! Turning it off and on again! The simplicity of it. I'll try in the morning. I'm excited now because this is probably just the answer I was looking for. Nothing to do with Sony's infrastructure. Just my router needs rebooting. Thanks for the help m8.
0 Kudos

Re: Download speed

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lyonhart1968

25%
02 Rank
Progress
lyonhart1968
Accepted Solution

I have the exact same issue. Sniper Elite three is showing 16 hours left to download 6 GB. My Network connection when I do a test (wired) on the PS4 shows 143 MB's/s.

This is unacceptable crap, especially since Sony has upped the price of PSPlus to 69.99. 

My son has the XBox One upstairs on Wifi, and he is getting download speeds of 30MB.

0 Kudos

Download speed

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GUDGER666

86%
04 Rank
Progress
GUDGER666
Accepted Solution

Because PSN is absolutely terrible now, it all started at the beginning of the year for me, my speeds have gone from always good to always very bad. Its like the PSN can no longer handle high speed downloads... The fastest I can get now is 60mb and I'm very lucky to keep it going longer than a few minutes before I'm throttled to 1mb or below. My speed if I do a test is 190+. Everything else in house downloads perfectly fine. I have to babysit my downloads now if I want to download them that day... Its very annoying and Sony just don't care.  I use to always get 110mb from 1 download especially after midnight... I'm lucky to get half that now which I'm not too fused about... Its the fact I cannot keep a stable speed. 

0 Kudos

Download speed

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

P_i_s_s_t_y

26%
02 Rank
Progress
P_i_s_s_t_y
Accepted Solution

Has this been solved? I am able to get 30mbps on my xbox but can only get 100kbps on my ps4!! Nothing i can find online to fix this.. can anyone help?

0 Kudos

Download speed

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel