02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
2,988 Replies 893,896 Views edited 13-04-2016
04 Dec 2013
By MikeBgsw

I've been getting this on NBA 2K14 since this evening. 

The game is completely unplayable. I know it's happened with other games for people and it happened to me on Battlefield yesterday but seems to be working okay today.

Still, if games are going to become unplayable, what is the point of owning a games console?

LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

This means an error has occurred with the application.

1. Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system.
  2. If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive ("HDD") in your system, please re-install the original HDD.
  3. If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
  4. If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please use our Fix & Replace tool: https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/

View solution in original post

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DrAndyNolan

24%
02 Rank
Progress
DrAndyNolan
Accepted Solution

I have been reporting the problem each time it comes up, i have also checked my software and it saying that it is up to date.

I hope we will be receiving re embersment for the inconvenience this is causing s we pay to use the functions!!

I do hope this issue is resolved soon as i have to say i turned down the xbox one for the ps4 and so far i am dissappointed!

0 Kudos

Re: ce-34878-0 Error

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mully333

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Mully333
Accepted Solution
Superfastzombie thanks for the update but where does that leave us? I have tried all the suggestions by your customer service team with no positive results, subsequently I have a ps4 that I can't really use. £350 is a lot of money for a pretty unattractive ornament.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

grOOby_666

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
grOOby_666
Accepted Solution

So if it is now clear that CE-34878-0 simply means 'application crashed' (for unknown reason) there is no chance for a quick, universal fix as there are probably dozens different reasons why this is happening. I'd encourage all users who experience the error to submit the report with as much descripction as possible, that would give Sony a chance to explore all possibilites (as long as they read them)

How many times in recent weeks DICE have released patches that were suppposed to prevent BF4 from crashing, and what - the game is still unreliable. I can't see this being sorted out quickly then

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Charliem34

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Charliem34
Accepted Solution

I have returned my unplayable PS4 due to error code ce-34878-0 and received a full refund from Game. Then spoke to psn regarding a refund due to the fact that I no longer own a PS console. Their reply was there is nothing wrong with your psn account tough. After many years of Sony loyalty I am very disappointed and have decided to never use Sony products again.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jumpmantwo_3

44%
02 Rank
Progress
jumpmantwo_3
Accepted Solution
I will give it a few more days. Then I will get rid of it and buy an xbox. This is dumb. This is the 4th console so they should be experienced with these type of errors. I have over $500 worth of stuff just sitting collecting dust.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JediRabbit

97%
07 Rank
Progress
JediRabbit
Accepted Solution

might join you on that, ill wait till mid feb if nothing (lets face its its almost 2 months and they still have no idea whats causing the error) just in time for titanfall.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

pickaxe

36%
02 Rank
Progress
pickaxe
Accepted Solution
I was getting this error code a few days after getting my console on cod when I started it up my saves wouldnt work on battlefield had to upload to the cloud then redownload everytime I started playing it had no problems with fifa or killzone and knack.I recently upgraded to a 1tb hard drive and then downloaded software onto a usb stick that was two weeks ago no problems so far touch wood.I will write back on here if I get the same problems
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Supernova-Storm

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Supernova-Storm
Accepted Solution
This is starting to make me angry! Being a person with only one error so far . . .seeing alot of owners even new owners get it is a disgrace! Sony im aware you are aware but seriously its not like you a two man team!

Im also aware getting a patch out takes time but again not a two man team working on this. Surely with such a serious problem you should be focused solely on this!

Can't praise the PS4 enuf even at the time of hardly no games its still going strong and even with this problem . . Just sort it guys otherwise I can see alot of people on here leaving for XbOne!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MeNtAl_HiPp0

22%
02 Rank
Progress
MeNtAl_HiPp0
Accepted Solution

mine just deletes the save data on bf4. i spent like6 hours on campaign 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

diablo166

22%
02 Rank
Progress
diablo166
Accepted Solution
I get this error every time I play call of duty ghosts, I'll be in the middle of a match online and all the sudden I'm stuck, nothing happens, and there is nothing else to do except hold the ps button and close the application...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Geoward

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Geoward
Accepted Solution

Not had this problem with COD ghosts and don't have it with an ID without PS3 history on FIFA14.  But do get it with ID's having any PS3 FIFA13 history.  If I simulate a game, the league record is updated without a problem.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

edalsboy

55%
02 Rank
Progress
edalsboy
Accepted Solution
Initialising the console seems to have done it for me. I may have lost some save progress in the process but I'd rather start again if it meant having a functioning console. Will keep this forum updated if any more problems occur.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JediRabbit

97%
07 Rank
Progress
JediRabbit
Accepted Solution

what does this Initialising the console do to the console? is it like a factory reset?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JediRabbit

97%
07 Rank
Progress
JediRabbit
Accepted Solution

and which is best a quick or full (even it says it will take hours)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LT_AFCW

84%
02 Rank
Progress
LT_AFCW
Accepted Solution

Full removes the firmware updates also, basically putting you back to proper factory settings.

The quick just removes your data, e.g save games, game data, installed apps.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

stewarty123

21%
02 Rank
Progress
stewarty123
Accepted Solution
got this error a couple of times. once while playing ghosts which didn't do much damage but the second time on battlefield 4 wiped my campaign save!!!! I tried re downloading from online storage but while sending the error code it automatically updated the save to a blank one!! really disappointed that after months there is no solution. I was told it was a fault with the game only for EA to tell me no it is infact an issue with the ps4 and there is nothing that can be done. great, not starting over. Sony FIX THIS!!!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mattyink

88%
02 Rank
Progress
mattyink
Accepted Solution

I'm gonna have my PS4 in a couple of days. regarding this problem i have some questions.

I will be playing AC:Black flag. Is it possible to get the latest software update for that game without having to do the latest system update?

Also. i read in this thread to go back to a previous update (1.5 i think), Is it possible tp pick the upgrade version you want? if so how? I figured if i plug in my PS4 for the first time it will prompt me to get the latest system update..

I tried going online to download earlier update files but didnt seem i could, was in a hurry so maybe i missed something.

Sorry for all you guys having trouble and thanks for anyone answering me to help.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JediRabbit

97%
07 Rank
Progress
JediRabbit
Accepted Solution

mattyink wrote:

I'm gonna have my PS4 in a couple of days. regarding this problem i have some questions.

I will be playing AC:Black flag. Is it possible to get the latest software update for that game without having to do the latest system update?

Also. i read in this thread to go back to a previous update (1.5 i think), Is it possible tp pick the upgrade version you want? if so how? I figured if i plug in my PS4 for the first time it will prompt me to get the latest system update..

I tried going online to download earlier update files but didnt seem i could, was in a hurry so maybe i missed something.

Sorry for all you guys having trouble and thanks for anyone answering me to help.

could there be a firmware choice you could download to a USB stick and do it manualy? Not sure if once they release a new firmware the older get removed. Best bet is chect playstion site for updates?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mattyink

88%
02 Rank
Progress
mattyink
Accepted Solution

yeah tried again in less of a rush and you can only download the latest one. They show the older updates history but can't download them.

At this point i don't wanna take a chance so might as well just plug in the ps4 register my account cuz i bet you have to and then turn off internet and not install the update. Whats the trade off though.. if there already has been a few updates maybe without them the hardware can run into trouble?

Oh well guess we'll see in due time...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fairbro180

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Fairbro180
Accepted Solution

Came home from work looking forward to a bit of ghosts on the PS4 and low and behold the ce-34878-0 message. Truly unbelievable stuff from Sony. First the plethora of Blue Light of Death consoles on release  and now this. Without being alarmist or too pre-judgemental this increasngly seems to be a premature release of an unfinished and untested console which would have still beaten the microsoft brick hands down even with a slight delay to ensure it worked properly.

I recall when the Sony executives publicly bowed their heads in collective shame as a public apology to their devoted followers when the PSN was hacked - think they ought to get their best bib and tucker prepped for a repeat performance.  

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

patzivota

25%
02 Rank
Progress
patzivota
Accepted Solution

The PS4 works fine for most users. It works perfecty for me. Some users will experience issues. This is how technology works. There will always be a small amout of people who experience problems with any piece of technology ever released in the history of the world.

The PS4 is not an incomplete, unfinished product. Sony is not that stupid! Think logically. 

Sony will work out the kinks that some users are experienceing with the PS4. It takes time. Don't expect miracles. 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel