02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
3,031 Replies 956,648 Views edited 13-04-2016
04 Dec 2013
By MikeBgsw

I've been getting this on NBA 2K14 since this evening. 

The game is completely unplayable. I know it's happened with other games for people and it happened to me on Battlefield yesterday but seems to be working okay today.

Still, if games are going to become unplayable, what is the point of owning a games console?

LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

This means an error has occurred with the application.

1. Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system.
  2. If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive ("HDD") in your system, please re-install the original HDD.
  3. If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
  4. If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please use our Fix & Replace tool: https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/

View solution in original post

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

trousers1970

79%
02 Rank
Progress
trousers1970
Accepted Solution

Sick and tired of these error s all the time on the ps4 pro tried contacting the helpline with various numbers in the uk and online support absolutely to no avail if you get through you get some pompous ah who needs to realize its a helpline and not a lecture line all the money sony is making surely the can employ people who know what the problem is instead of readind scripted answers from a piece of paper come on sony people need answers not scripted lectures  

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KiranaPasal

38%
02 Rank
Progress
KiranaPasal
Accepted Solution

Finally Found a solution in this website thank god.

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Methos

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Methos
Accepted Solution

website solutions don’t work. I am not sure if Sony is paying people to put that up and claim it’s a solution or not. But for me I have tried every single thing. I get this error on MLB 18 the Show. Can’t finish more than one game without an error. In as I type this it just happened yet again. I’ve tried external hard drives, the main hard drive, initializing ,boost mode off, deleting the game, deleting the saves files, and the biggest thing is that I have even trading in my PS4 pro system and bought a brand new system and this still happenes. You can’t tell me that Sony isn’t protected. If this was an Xbox issue, the world would be talking about it on ever major site and demanding results. But because this crap is Sony, nobody is screaming loud enough. This stuff has been happening to people for years. How in the world can this be going on this long without a recall or something that points back to Sony to force them to fix this crap. 141 pages of this and none of this stuff works. You can’t tell me that 141 pages and growing of this compliant and nobody is talking about it yet on main sites and news

????

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MrMrsDarkNight

29%
02 Rank
Progress
MrMrsDarkNight
Accepted Solution

Soooooo. I have tried every remedy on this forum as well as many things on google and YouTube. None of these have fixed the problem. This error occurs after I have loaded BO3 and complete a match, when it is attempting to load back into the lobby it crashes. I have looked at all of these pages and cannot believe that this has been happening for how long it has and there is not one viable solution. I’m about to go full Office Space on this ps4. 

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Super-Commi-Guru
Accepted Solution

Error CE 348780 Hi I am having this error code which started after I updated the console I have tried all the methods provided by PlayStation customer support and nothing works I have even changed I arrived and it still doesn't work I then went on to repair and replace to only receive the warranty has expired it will cost 125 for the repair I think this is ridiculous and I would like to know what causes the error as I did nothing but update my console before this problem started to occur and I would like an explanation as to why I have to pay for an issue caused by PlayStation  

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

variemaitatei

64%
02 Rank
Progress
variemaitatei
Accepted Solution

It seems to me that from a point in the past and on, in each new game or demo that i download, i receive the ce-34878-0. Does anyone have experienced this in each new games that he/she downloaded? 

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BirryBob

45%
02 Rank
Progress
BirryBob
variemaitatei
Accepted Solution

so ive been still having issues, i was told it's a harddrive thing. the last thing she said we should do is the ultimate sweep, where you need to download an update to a USB and do a very specific initialization process. call their support number, press 4, and its relatively a fast process from the, if you're in warranty you're fine otherwise it'll be about 100 bucks to fix (sounds crappy) but likely better than buying a new one.  we lost all our game data and time and money, so we're outta a ps4 now, makes a good paper weight, that's about it. 

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

variemaitatei

64%
02 Rank
Progress
variemaitatei
BirryBob
Accepted Solution

Let us know whether by replacing the hard driver, the problem becomes resolved. That is because many people replaced their C: and still the problem persists. Cheers mate

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MrMrsDarkNight

29%
02 Rank
Progress
MrMrsDarkNight
variemaitatei
Accepted Solution

I took my ps4 to a local electronic repair guy to try and diagnose/ repair. He looked into it and attempted to replace the hard drive. During that time period he tried to re initialize the PlayStation from a usb and it would not complete the install. I brought my PlayStation back home and finished the initialize myself and managed to finish it but now I am seeing the error with more games. The only fix I have found is to just get a new PlayStation. Not the regular 500 Gb PlayStation but the 1Tb PS4 Pro. Non of the Pros have experienced the error. I believe it’s a graphics/ gaming card issue, not hard drive. The Pro has different processor and graphics card as well as hard drive. This is the only fix that I have found. I have tried everything that you guys have tried and nothing worked. 

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

feldkampx

34%
02 Rank
Progress
feldkampx
Accepted Solution
I think I found a solution. Go through to the settings and change the system language as English (UK). After that, go to the account settings > profile and make the user language as English (UK) again (if there is an additional language, delete it). And finally reboot your console. I had encounter this error constantly nowadays, and it seems that the problem gone with this meaningless way. I hope it works for you all.
0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ragnar483

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Ragnar483
Accepted Solution

Habe mir vor kurzem Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Deluxe Edition als online Download gekauft

kann das spiel aber kaum spielen weil es nur am abstürzen ist

bild friert ein dann kommt die fehlermeldung ce-34878-0

habe schon alles versucht nix hilft 

ps4 neu initalisiert

recovery Backup eingespielt

mit ps4 support geschrieben

mit bandai support geschrieben

ps4 Pro alle aktuellen updates sind installiert

das merkwürdige ist das es nur bei diesem einen spiel ist 

bin langsam am verzweifeln

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
37%
02 Rank
Progress
Mati_Blaster_exe
Accepted Solution

Same issue with Burnout Paradise Remastered. It began happening in Wendesday July 4th but I have the game since March 29th. What suddenly happened?

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BirryBob

45%
02 Rank
Progress
BirryBob
Accepted Solution

hey guys,i recently received error code CE-34878-0 FOR EVERY GAME.

currently seems to have been fixed, please follow along.

make sure ps4 is turned off and controller is connected through USB. 

hold power button for 7 seconds till 2nd beep to enter (safe mode) choose option THREE not five. 

check the last option, i think it says internet update

then hopefully you'll be able to manually download update 5.55

i have my stuff set automatically and i still missed this update. the other games that crashed now work (so far).

hope this helped.

add me! and let's play!

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

variemaitatei

64%
02 Rank
Progress
variemaitatei
BirryBob
Accepted Solution

Well it did not work out for me. Actually for some reason the 5.55 was (i think) not saved, because after your proposal did not work out, i repeated the process and downloaded the updating file, once more (Usually it says you have the latest update). So my guess is that, the 5.55 file is not saved properly at ps4 and thus, the update it self is corrupted or something (you know what i mean?)

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

chvala2001

44%
02 Rank
Progress
chvala2001
Accepted Solution

Does not work PlayStation and daybreak need to work together or may lose customers.This only happens to Planetside 2 i use ps4 pro 

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Veryfriendlee

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Veryfriendlee
chvala2001
Accepted Solution

Yup same here. Constantly crashes on PS2 again and again. 

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

This means an error has occurred with the application.

1. Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system.
  2. If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive ("HDD") in your system, please re-install the original HDD.
  3. If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
  4. If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please use our Fix & Replace tool: https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CW0790

25%
02 Rank
Progress
CW0790
Accepted Solution

I keep getting that error code when I'm playing sniper ghost warrior 3 happens on the mission the lair only does it when i fail the mission if I press restart or restart checkpoint the error pops up and force closes the game I've all ready done a rebuild data that didn't work I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled still hasn't fixed it please help

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pretzel_Guy440

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Pretzel_Guy440
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pretzel_Guy440

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Pretzel_Guy440
Accepted Solution

I found this error kept repeating after initializing the PS4. After trial and error, clearing the avatar's inventory of multiple items seemed to solve it. The PS4 may not have enough computing power to read large root files in the file tree.

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sc00b1eb0y

49%
02 Rank
Progress
sc00b1eb0y
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

I have done everything the solution asks and still have the problem therefore your accepted solution is not acceptable.

Error code CE-34878-0

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel