02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
3,031 Replies 956,471 Views edited 13-04-2016
04 Dec 2013
By MikeBgsw

I've been getting this on NBA 2K14 since this evening. 

The game is completely unplayable. I know it's happened with other games for people and it happened to me on Battlefield yesterday but seems to be working okay today.

Still, if games are going to become unplayable, what is the point of owning a games console?

LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

This means an error has occurred with the application.

1. Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system.
  2. If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive ("HDD") in your system, please re-install the original HDD.
  3. If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
  4. If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please use our Fix & Replace tool: https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/

View solution in original post

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

BeltaneDeath

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
BeltaneDeath
Accepted Solution

guys if you read this thread are are simple solutions

Belt

Re: Keep getting CE-34878-0 on Fifa 14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"he's not made me Dizzee as he....?"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRIXTA_00001

27%
02 Rank
Progress
TRIXTA_00001
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SickMick_UK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
SickMick_UK
BeltaneDeath
Accepted Solution

They not working 

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SickMick_UK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
SickMick_UK
Accepted Solution

Just play titanfall 2 without problems 

What I find bit wierd if I play uncharted 4 it can crash in 2 minutes.  But if I play dishonored 2 I can play for 10-20 minutes before crashing. 

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StateofBulls

21%
02 Rank
Progress
StateofBulls
Accepted Solution

All you have to do is start the game offline then, once it has resumed toit main menu sign in and it should work.
(Only tried it on 2k14 should work for both)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Legioneren

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Legioneren
Accepted Solution
Changing your arena player/goal keeper fixed it for me in Fifa. Not had a crash in fifa since.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

I just wanna say I'm not gonna read every post in this thread so don't know if any of you have tried this but....

Seen a few people getting that error code on Ghosts just after 1.70 went live, then it was fixed, then it came back then it was fixed again.

Now while reading about it on various sites/forums I noticed a few people say they fixed it by setting the time & date on the PS4 via internet & setting it to update automatically then restarting the PS4. (Making sure the rest of the time & date settings are correct - timezone, that daylight savings thing)

Anyone tried that? Now before anyone bites my head off  : I haven't read the whole thread.

:Peace:

0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazzaho

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Gazzaho
Accepted Solution
@moriarty1975, I've been following this thread from close to the beginning and I've never seen that put forward as a possible fix. As I've mentioned before any idea that hasn't been tried is worth a go, Sony have no ideas other than the useless advice they've given already.

I can't say it doesn't work but i had mine set up the way you described and had the error afterward, so in my case time related issues are unlikely to be the cause. I've only experienced the error a few times though so I can't rule it out as a fix, it's certainly worth trying for those with chronic 34878-0 issues.
0 Kudos

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Roy Batty.
Blade runner.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ZonBot

30%
02 Rank
Progress
ZonBot
SAUER_30-06
Accepted Solution

and if you dont have warranty :/

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MESBARROS89

21%
02 Rank
Progress
MESBARROS89
Accepted Solution

Meu problema e que a cada jogo aparece o erro mas salva tudo,isso que voce vez deu certo mesmo.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hellowen188

50%
02 Rank
Progress
hellowen188
Accepted Solution
Amazing, this error happened to me only with FIFA, but now all of the games I have ( FIFA,KZ & Outlast) . It's not even cursing during the game, the applications are just not opening even... So I can't even play any game ... With FIFA I had a solution I deleted and re install it...and only after I quit the game, the auto update corrupted the application... After the latest system update... All of the games had online update....and... Nothing works. Moreover, when I am tried to delete FIFA again...and re install it... It stuck on 80%... I can hear the PS4 engine trying to install and fail... And it stuck on this loop.....
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Rafael_30cm

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Rafael_30cm
Accepted Solution

By the way folks, I am done. I am going to change my ps4 for a new one.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazzaho

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Gazzaho
Accepted Solution
I should have listed the games as disc based and Wi-Fi as my connection, sorry about that.
0 Kudos

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Roy Batty.
Blade runner.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SZaidh

84%
02 Rank
Progress
SZaidh
Accepted Solution

@Rafael_30cm When you will get the replacement , please try to play the same discs which you play now on your console so we may know if either the games are causing this problem or the console itself .

@ElShaca95  @cained-unable  Hmmm can you two share your mission name in AC IV or if you don't remember , some minor mission objectives (No spoilers please !) . You two got the error at pretty close completion rate (55% and 50%) .
And yes cained you are absolutely right ! I know what we are doing is not gonna benefit us in any ways , but still it's the only thing we can do(or else message the top Sony executives always , but that would be mannerless) :/
and about side missions , let's set our sight on the main mission regardless of the percentage .

Btw i have updated the format for more detailed info

Region code: 

Game: 
Mode of Game: 
Game Format: 
Internet type: 
Connected to PSN: 
PS+ subscription: 
Internet "upload" speed: 
PS4 Shutdown method:
Objective/Mission where the error occurs:   (If the error occurs in the same spot for different users , we will know the source of error then)
Games with no error messages: (credits to @Gazzaho )
My theory:
(Here you can state why the error might have occured)
Additional Info: (Here you can state wether you have followed directions given by sony or not and other stuff)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cained-unable

80%
02 Rank
Progress
cained-unable
Accepted Solution

@SZaidh my mission name is "The Gunpowder Plot".

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BuboBriff

60%
02 Rank
Progress
BuboBriff
Accepted Solution

With your newly adopted role @SZaidh, are you keeping a, for example, organised public google spreadsheet with all your captured data? Sony might give you a free game in payment!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SZaidh

84%
02 Rank
Progress
SZaidh
Accepted Solution

@cained-unable Thanks , now lets wait for @ElShaca95  reply !

@BuboBriff  :Lol: Well i had to take up this role and especially make a proper format so we can easily spot this demonic issue by comparing the games each user has , we might be able to find out if this error is caused by games or the console(maybe PSN) itself .Nope i haven't even think about making a spreadsheet XD  .Well i will be really more happy if Sony fixes this mess rather than getting a free game :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazzaho

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Gazzaho
Accepted Solution
What gets me is why haven't Sony adopted these measures SZaidh, I've seen game developers adopt a similar approach when troubleshooting a game. Sony's total lack of input in this thread leads me to thinking they aren't taking this whole error business seriously no matter what SFZ has said. It's almost like they're taking the ostrich with its head in the sand approach.

They have an error report on the PS4 which I have to give them credit for implementing but it isn't exactly comprehensive in pinpointing details in order to troubleshoot a cause. Why do I get the feeling that the install latest updates and initialise the system is their final word on the subject?

My comments may be unfounded Sony, but feel free to correct me by fixing something that is broken for a lot of PS4 owners.
0 Kudos

Roy Batty.
Blade runner.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GamerGodAJ

60%
02 Rank
Progress
GamerGodAJ
Accepted Solution
So, the PSN maintenance did nothing I'm guessing ?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Rafael_30cm

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Rafael_30cm
Accepted Solution

GamerGodAJ It was useless (at least for us).

SZaidh Ok I will try.

cained-unable I am going to pick a new ps4 tomorrow and keep you updated. I bought the console from the ebay equivalent in Brazil (mercado livre - free market). The seller gave me 15 days of warranty if something strange happen. So I am going to exchange the PS4. This is a pain in the ass. I could wait to see if sony solve this but I am afraid this to be a hardware problem. Maybe (just a theory) sony is facing a HUGE problem and doing tha math they conclude that it is less expensive to let people deal with it instead of making a recall. The only reason for me not to exchange my ps4 for a xbox one is because of my bf4 and fifa14 stats. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Rafael_30cm

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Rafael_30cm
Accepted Solution

Here is something interesting for you my friends.

1) Looking for people who are facing this problem here in Brazil I came across this topic: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Assist%C3%AAncia-T%C3%A9cnica/Erro-CE-34878-0/td-p/20489961/p...

The user Brunowirgues explain (in portuguese) that he trys every solution out there and nothing works. Until he realizes that the cooler speed doesnt change over time. He wondered why and plugged the ps4 on 220v (instead of 110v - he uses a transformer). After that the fan speed start to change while gaming. When he post this message (3 weeks ago) he said: "Ive been playing for 6 days without any error".

I am trying to contact him to see the current situation. But since he is not posting new messages I can assume that he is ok.

------

2) Related to overheating problems - I have a very advanced very expensive infrared camera (thermo vision) at my disposal (I will going to use it at my PhD). So I wondering if I could record the ps4 temperature changes while gaming. And see if there a pic o temperature when the ce-34878-0 happens.

-------

3) There is a famous website in Brazil who people use to complain about companies and products (reclame aqui). Someone complained about this error and Sony Brazil replied to the guy that this is an EA problem. Its probably a lie since people are having this problem with other games. In Brazil we are very good at blame others for our mistakes.

Cheers.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel