02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
3,026 Replies 943,794 Views edited 13-04-2016
04 Dec 2013
By MikeBgsw

I've been getting this on NBA 2K14 since this evening. 

The game is completely unplayable. I know it's happened with other games for people and it happened to me on Battlefield yesterday but seems to be working okay today.

Still, if games are going to become unplayable, what is the point of owning a games console?

LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

This means an error has occurred with the application.

1. Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system.
  2. If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive ("HDD") in your system, please re-install the original HDD.
  3. If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
  4. If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please use our Fix & Replace tool: https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/

View solution in original post

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BuboBriff

60%
02 Rank
Progress
BuboBriff
Accepted Solution
Oh and I said this very thing to Game, 4 years after I bought my ps3 from them. It had died. They fixed it for free as per the law. Don't bother with extended warranties, meh. They initially told me the same 1 year rubbish, but I reminded them of the law and they arranged the collection repair and redilivery for zero cost to myself.
0 Kudos

Re: ce-34878-0 Error

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cluboholic

42%
02 Rank
Progress
cluboholic
Accepted Solution
I thought the same they have a duty of care to there customers, they have to make sure the product they sell is fit for purpose regardless if it is the manufacturers fault its a standard Donoghue v Stevenson case law, regardless of buying any extra warranty which would suddenly allow them to exchange?!?!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IseeYourFear-_-

60%
02 Rank
Progress
IseeYourFear-_-
Accepted Solution
Initialise console fix for me ce-34878-0 in screenshot folder at least for now..
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazzaho

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Gazzaho
Accepted Solution
As far as I'm aware the retailer is responsible for replacement for the first 6 months from purchase after that The manufacturer is. I wouldn't accept a repair inside that time. If the product is not fit for use then a replacement is warranted the longer you wait the more likely you will have to accept a repair, the law just states a reasonable period of time for making a claim.

Go to your nearest Citizens Advice and they will be able to give you better guidence. The problem is you may have to resort to court in order to get the result you want. These companies will try to dodge their responsibilities if you let them.
0 Kudos

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Roy Batty.
Blade runner.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ZiggyBoo1975

84%
02 Rank
Progress
ZiggyBoo1975
Accepted Solution
Guys, in my case the error is random when playing battlefield 4. I could play 4 online games an
d get error or play 2 and get it. My point is that I do think this is something that a firmware can fix, its just annoying that there is not a time frame. If the error popped up everytime when when trying to play any game, then I'd go down the route of replacement!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GingerBreadBros

71%
02 Rank
Progress
GingerBreadBros
Accepted Solution
Blacklight crashes consistently after hitting the "X" to begin play. Sony, we need a fix sooner than later. Please help. This was happening before and after the 1.6 update and even after the recommended reinitialization procedure. Also crashes on AC4, COD, BF4 :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sillyfocker

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Sillyfocker
Accepted Solution

Well new console is now just as bad as the one i returned had this error 5 times today.

This is now getting past a joke SONY get your finger out and tell us what is going on.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ZiggyBoo1975

84%
02 Rank
Progress
ZiggyBoo1975
Accepted Solution
Its mad that the firmware was supposedly to support certain headsets. Forget about friend notifications when they come online etc. Sony you didn't listen to us on ps3! We asked for cross game chat & removal of singstar app from xmb. You need to sort this error asap before ps4 gets a bad reputation!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GingerBreadBros

71%
02 Rank
Progress
GingerBreadBros
Accepted Solution
I would hope that Sony would, at a minimum, perform a MD5 checksum over the data and confirm that the sums match before accepting and installing the download, right?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GottesWille6

47%
02 Rank
Progress
GottesWille6
Accepted Solution
Yes it works fine for me! Lets see for how long ;-)
0 Kudos

Betreff: ce-34878-0 Error

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AssPyRo

27%
02 Rank
Progress
AssPyRo
Accepted Solution
Okay, my story.

Played AC4 since the beginning of January, I never had any problem... Till now.
I updated the PS4 yesterday, and played AC4 a couple of hours to finish downloading the AC update.
I updated AC, and then, I had this famous error...

I couldn't launch AC4 anymore.

I just disabled the PSN and it seems I retrieved my save and the single-player mode is okay.
Keep you posted :-\
0 Kudos

Re : ce-34878-0 Error

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AssPyRo

27%
02 Rank
Progress
AssPyRo
Accepted Solution
Can't edit my post.
I have a physical version (normal pack + aveline, offers with the game).
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Aguynamedlove

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Aguynamedlove
Accepted Solution

I've got the digital copy myself.  Only in a couple hours, but it was working fine this past week that I've owned it.  Updated everything, and when I started up the game I got this error when the loading screen for main menu is logging into ubisoft servers. Same fix for me, had to just sign out of PSN then I could at most play single player.

I've only just finished initializing my ps4, (the one and only solution I have seen from sony so far) but this did nothing, exact same issue as before...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

joserdcosta

39%
02 Rank
Progress
joserdcosta
Accepted Solution

My story:

I bought PS4 in December and I've been playing it since then. Until now I didn't have any problems. Yestarday I installed the system software update (1.60) and after that the system restated. Just after the restart I was prompted with this error CE-34878-0. I reported it and after that all appears to be normal, but I just only played FIFA and it was all "normal" (altough I've only played a friendly match).

Today I'll test if my Knack saves are fine. If ahy of my saved files get corrupted there is any way to restore them? I have a PS+ subscription and I'm saving all my saves automatically to the cloud.

Sorry about my english

Regards

JC

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IseeYourFear-_-

60%
02 Rank
Progress
IseeYourFear-_-
Accepted Solution
This problem so randomly. I had this problem when i see screenshots, but initialise help me. Also have in BF4. I got today AC4 digital copy and dont have this error as others for now...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GottesWille6

47%
02 Rank
Progress
GottesWille6
Accepted Solution
Today i wanted to start AC...but during the startscreen the error appeared. I couldnt do anything so i initialised the ps4 and installed the patch again. Then i could start a new game and play but then i transferred the old save game and VOILA I CANT ENTER THE GAME ;) now i can just begin a new game and hope the error doesnt appear again. So i think the problem is not hardware related because its just the corrupt save game data that prevents the game to start.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BuboBriff

60%
02 Rank
Progress
BuboBriff
Accepted Solution
So it's sounding like it is network / internet / psn / packet loss / whatever you want to call it, related! Switch it off and use USB backup for now.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mantypus

21%
02 Rank
Progress
mantypus
Accepted Solution

It is very hard to convince friends to buy PS4 instead of XB1 when 2 out of the 3 games I own (Tomb Raider and BF4) have their save files corrupted and I lose all my progress... it is NOT FUN to go back and replay a game because of hardware/software errors erasing/corrupting your data. FIX THIS.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JYK_135

46%
02 Rank
Progress
JYK_135
Accepted Solution
So, I returned my ps4 last week..today while on the road I got a call that the person with the replacement was at my house...I have to pick up tomorrow evening instead since I wasn't there to receive it..anyway...what I really need help with is...

I'm wondering if I should use my saved data from BF4 and Need for Speed rivals etc when I get the new console..or if I should start fresh ..my data was never corrupted. .it was always there and I never lost progress....it just kept crashing during game play with the same code ...someone please help
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IseeYourFear-_-

60%
02 Rank
Progress
IseeYourFear-_-
Accepted Solution

Do you have this error now with your new console?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BuboBriff

60%
02 Rank
Progress
BuboBriff