View Original Post
10 Dec 2018
By to-ot_to-ot_

to-ot_to-ot_

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to use a USB headset AND a seperate microphone on PS4?

2 Replies 144 Views Created 10-12-2018
10 Dec 2018
By to-ot_to-ot_

Hi,

I have a razer thresher ultimate that outputs through the optical out and usb port, it has a mic on it but isn't sufficient for streaming etc. I was wondering if I was to get a microphone (thinking a Blue Yeti) if it would be possible to use both at the same time? So far the only work around I have found online is plugging your headset into the controller - but as my thresher is bluetooth to usb into the playstation that's not going to happen - and I don't particularly feel like having to get another headset especially since this one has surround sound and works really well - basically it's do or die... Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

The headset is RF to RF wireless base station... it not rubbish laggy bluetooth...

With the OPTICAL port on base station then it can work with standalone mic, as it does not need USB for Mic then if you don't require the mic use.

it will only need USB for power and that can be ANY other port and not on the PS4 ports.

If you don't want to use the headset mic then just don't plug the USB into the PS4 just plug the USB into any other USB port or USB 5v adapter and it will power the optical decoder that gets both the chat audio and game audio out put via the single optical cable, with out a USB connection all audio goes to the optical port...

Then plug the USB mic in and the PS4 will use that for mic in...

You disable Automatic out put change so that it does not out put audio to the 3.5mm headset jack on blue yeti mic but instead leaves the audio to the optical port, now you still mute the HDTV as the speaker audio will get picked up by the blue yeti mic...  

View solution in original post

My PS4 Life is a EU service only and not for any other region of account. Service is IP address geo/location blocked...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

The headset is RF to RF wireless base station... it not rubbish laggy bluetooth...

With the OPTICAL port on base station then it can work with standalone mic, as it does not need USB for Mic then if you don't require the mic use.

it will only need USB for power and that can be ANY other port and not on the PS4 ports.

If you don't want to use the headset mic then just don't plug the USB into the PS4 just plug the USB into any other USB port or USB 5v adapter and it will power the optical decoder that gets both the chat audio and game audio out put via the single optical cable, with out a USB connection all audio goes to the optical port...

Then plug the USB mic in and the PS4 will use that for mic in...

You disable Automatic out put change so that it does not out put audio to the 3.5mm headset jack on blue yeti mic but instead leaves the audio to the optical port, now you still mute the HDTV as the speaker audio will get picked up by the blue yeti mic...  

My PS4 Life is a EU service only and not for any other region of account. Service is IP address geo/location blocked...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

to-ot_to-ot_

25%
02 Rank
Progress
to-ot_to-ot_
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Dude you are a genius and a lifesaver thank you! I would never have worked that out.... 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel