41%
02 Rank
Progress

PS4 Party Chat NAT Type Issues

[ Edited ]
676 Replies 1,718,424 Views edited 04-01-2018
21 Feb 2014
By BizmoFunyons

Please visit our Fix & Connect online tool if you require help with connectivity issues on your PS4 system.

https://connection.support.playstation.com/#/

Spoiler

Hi everyone,

If you're still experiencing NAT type issues on your PS4, please try the following three steps which can often help solve the problem. Please do let me know if these work for you, or report back any other solution that did the trick in your case.

1. Open the below PSN port numbers on your router. If you do not know how to do this, contact your ISP or router manufacturer to find out how to do this on your model of router.

• TCP: 80, 443, 465, 993, 3478, 3479, 3480, 5223, 8080
    • UDP: 3478, 3479

Additional ports used for other specific functions/features are:

• TCP: 9293 (for Remote Play & Remote Start)
    • TCP: 1935, 28052899, 6667 (for viewing or hosting Live Broadcasting)
    • TCP: 9309 (for Content Manager Assistant)
    • UDP: 9293 (for Remote Play & Remote Start)
    • UDP: 9309 (for Content Manager Assistant)

2. If you are having NAT type issues with a specific game in particular, contact the publisher or consult their online support pages to find the port numbers that their servers use, and open these as well.

3. Contact your ISP and ask them to change your IP address from dynamic to static.

Please do let me know if you have any success.

LABELS: Online-PSN
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

K0BEDAVE13_

22%
02 Rank
Progress
K0BEDAVE13_
Accepted Solution

Is anyone having the same problem am I having? Nat type issues, can not play online/can not connect to the online server. particularly after I updated my PS4 to 5.50. having a lot of issues. also can't talk to friends cause of the NAT type problem. My internet is fine and everything, It's being use right now with my iPhone, TV,  iPod, and laptop. check my download/upload mbps. and it's the same like always, nothing change. I just want to play online with my friends. MOSTLY Rainbow Six Siege; Ranked match.

March 8, 2018 around 1-3 am when the problem started to happened. 

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PawCam

52%
02 Rank
Progress
PawCam
mkbishop702
Accepted Solution

Same problem here, with only one of my friends. My Party chat works flawless when I'm chatting with any other person in a PSN chat party, but as soon as the party includes just me and him, I get:

"Chat cannot be used with <John Doe>, possibly due to NAT type"

Funny things:

• I can hear him right away for about 15 seconds(he can't hear me), then his voice vanishes completely.
  • When we're in parties with other people, I hear him immediately upon his joining, but he can't hear me for about 20 seconds. After that, he can hear me just fine.

Tried all the tricks in the book, and all combinations of them:

• port forwarding
  • static IP address
  • DMZ Server enable on PS4
  • Direct connection into my modem (wireless disable)

It's of my opinion, NAT type doesn't mean anything in this case. I chat with my buddy who lives in the same apt building as the guy I cannot chat with just fine, and they both have the same NAT type (Type 2).

Hopefully 5.50 doesn't leave this unattended...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mkbishop702

75%
02 Rank
Progress
mkbishop702
PawCam
Accepted Solution

Thanks this really is a bit of a pain.. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FaZe_Rain164

42%
02 Rank
Progress
FaZe_Rain164
PawCam
Accepted Solution

I have the exact same problem..  did you find the fix for it pls ? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kedtealeaf

43%
02 Rank
Progress
kedtealeaf
Accepted Solution

I am sorry to break it to you guys, but they won't do anything about it. A friend and I have had this issue off and on with every new update. We fix it through port forwarding, using a direct connected Nat 1, and several other methods every time, and every new update we get back to having this error. Nothing changes except the update and it goes back to being broken. We have called Sony support, and they have made it clear they can't (or won't. pick one) do anything to help. I even had two Sony support agents blatantly tell me that this thread does not exist. The person I am having issues hearing lives in the same building, with the same internet.

So while I feel your frustration, all I can tell you is to keep trying. Something stupid will randomly work, and then it will break again somewhere down the road with another update. They have not shown any interest  in fixing this since the thread was started, and they aren't going to start now.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PawCam

52%
02 Rank
Progress
PawCam
kedtealeaf
Accepted Solution

word up. Sad, but I agree.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mkbishop702

75%
02 Rank
Progress
mkbishop702
kedtealeaf
Accepted Solution

I want my money back for psn plus I'm thinking someone needs to look in to a class action lawsuit on behalf of people paying for a service for more then a year and not being able to use part of the service bue to the service not caring to fulfill there obligations they themselves set forth in the terms of agreement 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

VIRTUOUS619

21%
02 Rank
Progress
VIRTUOUS619
Accepted Solution

I'm getting an error code of 

-,-c,d,e,f,g,-,-,-,-,-,m,-,-,-,-,

when trying to connect online....*****??

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EnderStar12

22%
02 Rank
Progress
EnderStar12
VIRTUOUS619
Accepted Solution

They say that they'll reply in minutes. Two weeks later, and no reply. Sorry dude.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EnderStar12

22%
02 Rank
Progress
EnderStar12
Accepted Solution

Me and one other person cannot communicate via PlayStation party due to NAT Type Issues. I can communicate with any other person via PlayStation party except for him. That person can also communicate via PlayStation party with anyone else. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gavinn_L

22%
02 Rank
Progress
gavinn_L
Accepted Solution

Hello, when I want to talk with my friend on my ps4, only I can hear him, and he can't hear me although I'm talking. I have already gone and changed my chat audio to Prioritise Game Chat. I am trying to play the game 'Fortnite Battle Royale'. I went to the party thing and when I went on Fornite and it said voice chat might notwork due to Nat Type issues. I went to check my nat type in test connection and it said type 3, the same as my friends. Pls help. Thanks

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TakerSleazy

22%
02 Rank
Progress
TakerSleazy
Accepted Solution

So since the last playstation update me and a friend cannot connect to each other in party chat (we use to talk in party chat before with no problems). We tried everything we could, hell we both upgraded out internet to that fastest thats avalable in our region and we both got nat types 2. Still nothing. So we are thinking that its something going on with playstations servers

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

blindsmoke52

21%
02 Rank
Progress
blindsmoke52
Accepted Solution

Me and my friend have the exact same NAT type. However when me and him are in a party by ourselves it says can not chat due to NAT type, but until then, I can hear him, but he can not hear me. But, when someone else joins the party, after a minute or so, he can finally hear me

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ZombieEevee

21%
02 Rank
Progress
ZombieEevee
Accepted Solution

I highly doubt this will have anything to do with the problem, but try putting the PS4 into safe mode and rebuilding the database. I've been having this problem for a good while, and eventually it got so bad I couldn't even join or create parties due to me apparently having a problem with the NAT type. After trying every trick in the book, nothing worked and I gave up. But last night I saw somewhere that rebuilding databases can solve a lot of glitches in the system, and after doing that everything started working flawlessly. 

Again, I'm not sure that was what fixed it, but try it if you've lost all hope and techniques

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KORNTURDS17

25%
02 Rank
Progress
KORNTURDS17
Accepted Solution

My problem is that last month me and my friend could use party chat just fine but now when we try my friend says that he cant hear me or my mic cuts out every second and eventually a message pops up that says i cant talk to him due to nat type and the same message pops up on my friends ps4 too. We both got on black ops and both of our nat types are type 2 and BO3 said that both our nats were open so i dont  know what to do .Can anyone help ? PS. .. The game we were trying to play when we discovered this was gta if that helps anyone. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

HavocGrimReaper

24%
02 Rank
Progress
HavocGrimReaper
Accepted Solution

Having an issue connecting to party. Says it's a connection issue I'm pushing 122 mbps so I dont think so

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Alteux

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Alteux
Accepted Solution

So many comments... and no solution.  

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

thefiveis

23%
02 Rank
Progress
thefiveis
Accepted Solution

Me and my friend created chat room. But for some reason it said we had a Nat issue. We both did Network test and it said we had Nat 2. So we're not sure what the problem is.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

HoboMan54611

24%
02 Rank
Progress
HoboMan54611
Accepted Solution

I have nat type 2 and so does my friend but we can’t be in a party just by ourselves we need someone else and we can’t connect in some games for example dead by daylight can someone tell me how to Fix this 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FaZe_Rain164

42%
02 Rank
Progress
FaZe_Rain164
Accepted Solution

Guys I need help please :( Im conected via a wire but when I join a party with my friends they always have nat type problems. But when Im not in the party they dont have this problem. what can I do to fix this pls ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PvtDonut88

26%
02 Rank
Progress
PvtDonut88
Accepted Solution

Same problem here, wired connection and having NAT issues even though I can hear my friend just fine when I first join a party.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel