87%
03 Rank
Progress

PS4 Pro random black screen dropouts

[ Edited ]
1,669 Replies 239,192 Views edited 18-11-2016
17 Nov 2016
By seanle_13

Hey guys, Just wondering anyone have experience random dropouts? A black screen for a second then the picture returns? I'm using a Samsung ks9000 and it supports 4K HDR, but at random times it drops out (picture and sound). It can happen anytime and maybe once or twice no particular pattern either. And not consistent. I've tried all the troubleshooting (except forcing it to output only 1080p) as I can but narrowed it down to just firmware bugs as something is not playing nice coming from the pro. My PS4 never had these problems. If someone has any ideas please advise because it's really ruining the experience here! I've never had so many issues with any consoles. FYI I have replaced my first pro because of this issue and it's the same. Thanks in advance!

LABELS: System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

teryakiwok

64%
02 Rank
Progress
teryakiwok
Mr_Mo84
Accepted Solution

Same as my LGU8500 series - Black, Green & Snowstorm :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Mo84

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Mr_Mo84
teryakiwok
Accepted Solution

It has been working for one week without any problems. Im now connecting straight to my TV without going thru the AV Receiver. I have written to Onkyo and skade them for support but have not got any reply. I would like to have it though the AV to make sure I get Multichannel Pcm, but happy that the video signal is not lost at least.  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SnowyDash

92%
02 Rank
Progress
SnowyDash
Accepted Solution

Well l have not heard anything from Digital Foundry at all, not a surprise.

This issue is a Sony problem, not the TV manufacturers and Sony don't give a toss at all, this has been a fault since the launch of the Pro.

Pro owners with this fault can put up with it, downgrade to a normal model PS4 or jump ship to Xbox One X.

Don't be surprised if the PS5 has the same issues, Sony don't care.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JR251978

27%
02 Rank
Progress
JR251978
Accepted Solution

I'm having the same problem with mine, I  have mine hooked up to a Sony 4K, it's running through a 1st Gen PSVR so I'm curious if that might be a cause.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

darthpibe

88%
02 Rank
Progress
darthpibe
JR251978
Accepted Solution

Unplug the ps vr box and try again. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

D382H

85%
03 Rank
Progress
D382H
JR251978
Accepted Solution

If you read a lot of the previous posts, even people with no PS VR including myself are having the same issue/s.

E-mailed Sony Support and CC'd Rooster Teeth News.

Their tech support teams can't use e-mails 😂

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

davyr

88%
02 Rank
Progress
davyr
D382H
Accepted Solution

I don’t own the psvr and I’m having issues but I do own an external 1tb ext Drive where all my games are backed onto. Maybe that’s the issue... Who knows?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

darthpibe

88%
02 Rank
Progress
darthpibe
D382H
Accepted Solution

There’s a lot of people also that removed the box and the problem went away, just try it. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

darthpibe

88%
02 Rank
Progress
darthpibe
davyr
Accepted Solution

I don’t think is that, I have the same setup, my problem went away when I bought the hdmi Belkin 4K cables from the Apple store, I use to have blackouts also on my Apple TV 4K, after I switch to those hdmi cables the blackouts went away, my setup is a pioneer 7.2 receiver, a Samsung 65” Qled series 8, and 3 belkin cables, One goes from the receiver to the tv, and the other 2 cables are for the Ps4 and the Apple tv 4K.  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

D382H

85%
03 Rank
Progress
D382H
Accepted Solution

Just got a reply from Sony saying that they looked at this thread and suggested that I try upgrading my HDMI cables lol 😂

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SharkBodyAnimal

64%
02 Rank
Progress
SharkBodyAnimal
D382H
Accepted Solution

It’s a joke. So the original cabel from Sony is a shite...they have just confessed it. 🤬

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

D382H

85%
03 Rank
Progress
D382H
SharkBodyAnimal
Accepted Solution

They didn't say that and to be honest, not a lot of people have transitioned to 4K UHD HDR TVs so, it's actually fairly reasonable to supply a cable that does the bare minimum especially when you look at the prices of semi decent HDMI cables online... would of bumped up the price of the Pro by up to £100.00

But, it is ridiculous lol according to the support persons, they're not getting a lot of calls about it? 🤔🇬🇧

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BluesFanUK

60%
02 Rank
Progress
BluesFanUK
Accepted Solution

I turned off HDCP 2.2 and my remaining time playing Prey was pretty much fine, occassionally i'd get a quick black screen flicker, but for about two weeks now i've been fine. No issues at all playing REmake, though that one doesn't require a disc.

Someone mentioned it before, but we've all got different TV's, cables etc, the one constant is the PS4 Pro. HDCP appears to be the main culprit, it's an absolute joke. This thread is also pushing near 70 pages on an oficial Playstation forum, yet not a single one of their team can be bothered to respond to this issue. Arseholes.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

princekai13

23%
02 Rank
Progress
princekai13
Accepted Solution

Here’s what worked for me.  (Second paragraph for solution) The problem seems to be whatever communication my ps4 pro needs to do with the 4K hdr supported hdmi 2 port on my tv.  (Only one port of three supports  hdr). After trying everything I could think of, restarting, powering down switching out hdmi cables, even running to Best Buy and grabbing a new $30 cable, heck down to blowing in the connections I finally decided to try something.  

I plugged the the pro into a different hdmi port and the blackouts stopped.  I switched back to the port that supports hdr and tada, no more blackouts.

im guessing the fancy new 4K hdr supported hdmi port and schmancy ps4 pro have some issues communicating perfectly and the pro gets whatever it needs from the return signal after being connected to a non hdr supported hdmi port.

hope this works for the rest of you.  Or at least whomever sees this.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

davyr

88%
02 Rank
Progress
davyr
princekai13
Accepted Solution

I’ve tried every port on my Samsung tv and there’s 3 of em and they are all 2.2 and all of them still give me random black screens with a Belkin Ultra high speed hdmi cable. If it carries on I’ll be buying an Xbox one x at this rate😂😂😂 By this rate the ps5 will be out before Sony fix this issue😂

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ToonTonic

98%
02 Rank
Progress
ToonTonic
Accepted Solution

So no reply from Playstation, Sony, Samsung, LG etc etc yet we all suffer.

Ive had this issue since day 1 of PS4 Pro. Ive gone through countless cables (all well within whats required for the output) yet not 5 minutes go by without numerous black screens.

Yes they only last a second or 3...but when playing FPS games or Online sports etc it makes all the difference (other game types too)

For reference i use a Samsung KS9000 & a KS8000...both sets with different cables have the same issue.

The PS4 Pro is the problem.

Its bad that no community rep has responded. Ive reached out too the various companys on Twitter, ill report back if i get a response.

You can follow any feedback here:

https://twitter.com/ToonTonic/status/952369700473892866

[url=http://www.The55s.com][img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm137/ToonTonic/site_logo.png[/img][/url]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wintyness

85%
03 Rank
Progress
Wintyness
ToonTonic
Accepted Solution

I retweeted...spread the news folks! 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Chaos52

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Chaos52
Accepted Solution

I got a reply from Samsung awhile ago and they said the PS4 Pro is a 10-bit device and my TV is an 8-bit panel and that I should have bought one of their 10-bit flagship TVs that don't have this problem. Nice to see you and others with 10-bit displays are also having issues.

Anyways, I've retweeted.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

D382H

85%
03 Rank
Progress
D382H
ToonTonic
Accepted Solution

I have retweeted this to Shawn Layden, Shuhei Yoshida, The Know, Pretty Good Gaming and Jim Sterling 🤔😂

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SnowyDash

92%
02 Rank
Progress
SnowyDash
Accepted Solution

I have the 49" Samsung KS7000 and the Xbox One X runs like a dream on it, no issues at all, no drop outs, no problem switching between HDR and non HDR content.

How come Sony messed up so much on the PS4 Pro l wonder, they should be ashamed of all these issues.

I would not blame any of you guys for jumping ship.

The Xbox One X is quiet as a mouse and the Sonic for Windows surround sound feature is fantastic, or there is a small one off fee for the better Dolby Atmos version.

It is great not having to buy a surround sound headset for a console anymore!!

It feels as if Sony because they are ahead in the 'console wars' just doesn't give a toss anymore, this handshaking issue with the Pro seems to reinforce it.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SnowyDash

92%
02 Rank
Progress
SnowyDash
Accepted Solution

I forgot to add that the Xbox One X with its internal hard drive is just as fast as my old Xbox one S was with an external SSD, I timed the results on a few games and was very surprised.

I wish that Sony would pull their finger out and admit, acknowledge and patch this problem this the PS4 Pro, but well over a year now, utter madness.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel