87%
03 Rank
Progress

PS4 Pro random black screen dropouts

[ Edited ]
1,707 Replies 272,261 Views edited 18-11-2016
17 Nov 2016
By seanle_13

Hey guys, Just wondering anyone have experience random dropouts? A black screen for a second then the picture returns? I'm using a Samsung ks9000 and it supports 4K HDR, but at random times it drops out (picture and sound). It can happen anytime and maybe once or twice no particular pattern either. And not consistent. I've tried all the troubleshooting (except forcing it to output only 1080p) as I can but narrowed it down to just firmware bugs as something is not playing nice coming from the pro. My PS4 never had these problems. If someone has any ideas please advise because it's really ruining the experience here! I've never had so many issues with any consoles. FYI I have replaced my first pro because of this issue and it's the same. Thanks in advance!

LABELS: System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PSninjaRED

47%
02 Rank
Progress
PSninjaRED
Accepted Solution

Yep, I have this one too. Def seems to be a handshake issue. If i disabled deep color it fixes it, but then I can't play my games with HDR on which is the reason I have the pro.  Typical of Sony to burn their early adopters with no fix. Lots of good solutions in this thread to try, I will give an hdmi switch a try.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PSninjaRED

47%
02 Rank
Progress
PSninjaRED
Accepted Solution

Ok, I fixed it on my samsung tv. I disabled HDCP and boost mode, and one of those fixed it. I was able to play KH3 in HDR and not one flicker.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AprilFool1956

22%
02 Rank
Progress
AprilFool1956
Accepted Solution

Just bought the Kindom Hearts limited edition and am getting this issue when playing Spiderman. All the loading screens work fine but when you start the game the black screen appears but i can still can hear sound. This is not temporary though, like some other reports, it stays black with sound all the time until you quit the game. Which is really frustrating as it has only just started doing it and I was 80% through the game. Anybody else having this issue with spiderman, everything else plays fine so far.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

D382H

87%
03 Rank
Progress
D382H
AprilFool1956
Accepted Solution

Has Anyone From Sony Read this?🤔

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AprilFool1956

22%
02 Rank
Progress
AprilFool1956
Accepted Solution

UPDATE:

On further investigation and trying various solutions, nothing resolved this situation.

Even though the symptoms appeared the same as the well documented 'Hand Shake' problem it began to look more like a corrupted Save File.

So instead of clicking on 'Continue' I clicked on Load Game and selected the penultimate Saved File and Bingo! whether the corruption and the Hand Shake problem are related is for Sony and Insomniac Games to argue over. At least I can get back to kicking ass. ;) 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AshaBardon

26%
02 Rank
Progress
AshaBardon
Accepted Solution

I just got my PS4 Pro a month ago and I'm having this exact same problem. I play, it's all good, and then it just drops to black and then the No Signal screen. To get it working again, I have to reboot the console and that's obviously not a good thing. It's also random and is becoming maddening as it. just. happens. I'm have PTSD and this is really triggering me.2019-02-11 17.56.27.jpg2019-02-11 18.01.02.jpg2019-02-11 18.02.48.jpg

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AshaBardon

26%
02 Rank
Progress
AshaBardon
AshaBardon
Accepted Solution

I've got two versions of Bloodborne and Okami on my system (I've tried deleting one version and the save and nothign has crashed yet but, at the same time, having an EU and Japanese version of the same game, both of which have their own separate save files) and changing language from UK to Japanese, shouldn't cause this kind of problem.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel