Reece-Cooper_22

46%
02 Rank
Progress

PS4 microphone not working

167 Replies 270,970 Views Created 06-03-2017
06 Mar 2017
By Reece-Cooper_22

I have used 3 different headsets / earphones in 2 different controllers, but my voice still isn't being picked up. I can hear everything in the party completely fine, but no one can hear me. I've tried going into Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings but the option to choose 'Output to Headphones' isn't there either when my headset is clearly plugged into my controller all the way. I can't really play any of the games I usually do as it involves communication, so the entire aspect is ruined for me currently. I have no idea how this has happened, or how to fix it. It can't be my controllers or the numerous headsets I have used, so it must be the PlayStation itself? But I don't understand how... Can someone help me out please? 

LABELS: System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
98%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

The Headsets don't run from Sound and screen.. there External "audio devices"...

So run from the Devices > audio devices menu > thats were you select the audio out put and input sources...

From 3.5mm or USB or PS camera... only..

Bye bye lithium forums.
EU forum will move away from lithium.
https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Off-Topic/IMPORTANT-We-are-moving-our-forum-to-a-new-platform/m-p/26002595#M1639081 mirgation starts 1 March Yep very quick...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Reece-Cooper_22

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Reece-Cooper_22
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

I've just tried it from here and already have the "Input Device" and "Output Device" set to "Headset Connected to Controller" which is correct. My headset is fully plugged into my controller, everything is up full volume, "Output to Headphones" is set to all audio and still I cannot hear my voice when I go into "Adjust Microphone Level", the only thing I am able to hear is the noise when turning my mic on and off, nothing else.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

murfeo77

51%
02 Rank
Progress
murfeo77
Reece-Cooper_22
Accepted Solution

I’m having the exact same issue. Weirdly enough, I tried the vr earphones and they picked up my voice(was very echo-y) but now I plug them in and my voice is still not picked up!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CJ-JA-B

55%
02 Rank
Progress
CJ-JA-B
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

I have a solution for my issue w/ps4. It was having the same problem many are having. I went into settings > sound and screen > audio output settings : change the priority from linear to bitstream (dolby). Some headsets just arent compatible with linear output.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CJ-JA-B

55%
02 Rank
Progress
CJ-JA-B
Reece-Cooper_22
Accepted Solution

I have a solution for my issue w/ps4. It was having the same problem many are having. I went into settings > sound and screen > audio output settings : change the priority from linear to bitstream (dolby). Some headsets just arent compatible with linear output.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lhawk2303

30%
02 Rank
Progress
Lhawk2303
CJ-JA-B
Accepted Solution

This is the fix. Thanks so much it took me forever to figure out what was wrong. I was starting to think it was my ps4. I’m so grateful you answered this 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
98%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

DS4 compliance on 3.5mm..

SIE dont support APPLE controll box and inline mic products specs...

So to confirm the DS4 compliance is still working. Can not be done with designed for Apple products...

The fact that some still worked was an error only...

After firmware 3.50 released it was built to kill Apple volume controll boxes off on DS4 due to the constant feed back and perminant open nosie broadcast by Iphone 5 ear pods sIE took action and seamed to kill them off...

DS4 revision 3-5 were also built to kill these off... with no support for Apple volume controll units that caused constant noise on chat...

DS4 revision 5 also called the DS4 version 2 with light bar view able on track pad was again rebuilt inside and the DS4 supports even less controll box units and disables even more mics...

So any headset with a digital controll box for mobile was never meant to have a working mic as SIE don't support them...

DS4 was only ever meant to support Manual volume controll and manual mute button on inline 3.5mm cable mics...

One primary reason for this is because SIE DS4 does not run on Apples specs on the mic feed...

3Volts 500micro amps... is IOS mic feed...

2Volts 350micro amps... is DS4 compliance mic feed...  

Why your builds Used to work on DS4 revision 3-4 is the real question if they are built to work on IOS they should not have worked since firmware 3.50 on 3.5mm... the work around that people used after 3.50 was not supported by SIE...

[ Edited ]
Bye bye lithium forums.
EU forum will move away from lithium.
https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Off-Topic/IMPORTANT-We-are-moving-our-forum-to-a-new-platform/m-p/26002595#M1639081 mirgation starts 1 March Yep very quick...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Reece-Cooper_22

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Reece-Cooper_22
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

I'm using Tritton Kama's, not iPhone earphones. I heard that the iPhone earphones don't work anymore, but my mic literally stopped working whilst I was on GTA yesterday afternoon out of the blue. Other people I speak to in party chat don't run official Sony headsets and their mic works fine.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

thedon505

41%
02 Rank
Progress
thedon505
Reece-Cooper_22
Accepted Solution

I have the same exact headphones and the same thing happened to me. I don;t know if sony has an issue with compatibility with this particular headphones or they are just shunning them like they did apple. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sharkie1967

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Sharkie1967
Accepted Solution

Tried unsuccessfully to adjust microphone output. Asked to talk while adjusting mic level but my voice is not getting through. This has happed with new headset as well as old set.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ali_Beast902

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Ali_Beast902
Accepted Solution

I have the same issue plz help me

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MuwarS

43%
02 Rank
Progress
MuwarS
Accepted Solution

I've got the exact same issue, and the thing is that there are no error codes to guide you or anything like that, this is the first time I've ever seen this happen and you're the first person I've seen this happen to too. Sony needs to give a clear statement about the headset issues, otherwise all of us are wasting our money thinking it's the controllers or the headsets.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

vantastic96

45%
02 Rank
Progress
vantastic96
Accepted Solution

im the same aswell

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mas52430

21%
02 Rank
Progress
mas52430
Accepted Solution

Help, I have the same problem. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EDIgS22

43%
02 Rank
Progress
EDIgS22
Accepted Solution

Same problem with both TurtleBeach P4c and AKG earbuds. Both worked yesterday, now today no one in my party can hear me. Thing is though, I can hear myself and the mic adjust settings are picking me up. Makes absolutely no sense!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

egel3er

43%
02 Rank
Progress
egel3er
EDIgS22
Accepted Solution

I have akg headphones front Samsung Galaxy s8 andere i can Heat everbody but the van not Heat me

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

o911insidejob

42%
02 Rank
Progress
o911insidejob
egel3er
Accepted Solution

Bro I'm using the same ones ! I was using them yesterday fine and this morning the S8 AKG earphones mic stopped working and another pair of headphones mic has stopped working. Then I plugged in some older skull Candy inkd D2 earphones and the mic was working. Definitely some sort of update to cancel out the mics from these to stop working 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

B_RAdams

24%
02 Rank
Progress
B_RAdams
Accepted Solution

Experiencing the same problem with a PS4 Gold headset while pluging in. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GRIMIST91

47%
02 Rank
Progress
GRIMIST91
Accepted Solution

Omg I'm not alone 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RionKing26

63%
02 Rank
Progress
RionKing26
Accepted Solution

Mine has started doing it too. I just replaced my ps4 with a new one 2 months ago and got 2 new controllers too. I use chat every other night, and last night my mic stopped working randomly. I then tried my flatmates ps4, along with his controller and headphones which werent working either. Used 4 different mics including samsung and sony, between 3 different controllers which vary in age. *****. 2 other friends in chat can talk and i can hear them. Does ps have an answer does anybody know?

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel