Reece-Cooper_22

46%
02 Rank
Progress

PS4 microphone not working

168 Replies 272,085 Views Created 06-03-2017
06 Mar 2017
By Reece-Cooper_22

I have used 3 different headsets / earphones in 2 different controllers, but my voice still isn't being picked up. I can hear everything in the party completely fine, but no one can hear me. I've tried going into Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings but the option to choose 'Output to Headphones' isn't there either when my headset is clearly plugged into my controller all the way. I can't really play any of the games I usually do as it involves communication, so the entire aspect is ruined for me currently. I have no idea how this has happened, or how to fix it. It can't be my controllers or the numerous headsets I have used, so it must be the PlayStation itself? But I don't understand how... Can someone help me out please? 

LABELS: System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bamajap

23%
02 Rank
Progress
bamajap
Accepted Solution

Dude same thing happening to me I just bought new internet just for gaming now I have the same problem ruining everything

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IMR4NXYZ

25%
02 Rank
Progress
IMR4NXYZ
Accepted Solution

So i had this exact problem occur to me about 2 days ago with one set of headphones (sony MDR-1A) so i switched to the akg earphones that came with my samsung galaxy note 8 and thet worked fine. However today on switching on my ps4 i noticed when making a party chat no mic was being detected. I switched between those 2 previously mentioned head/earphones and tried 3 different controllers (the original white dual shock 4, a blue dual shock 4 and my nacon revolution pro controller) and i had the same no mic detected issue. 

After trying everything on the ps4 i realised both my headphones mic have simply broke. I am now using a new set of the same akg earphones and the mic is being detected. The only reasoning i can come to for this probpem occuring is that my controller (i use the nacon all the time) has destroyed the mics.

I cant say this is the same problem everyone here has had but it could be the issue for some.

Tldr;

My controller has destroyed the mics on my headphones. After using a new set of earphones my mic is being detected once again.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

marcoespino48

23%
02 Rank
Progress
marcoespino48
Accepted Solution

So im using apple earbuds and they were working perfectly fine but today i tried to use the mic and I couldn’t hear anything only the game audio

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lilmariogoat

25%
02 Rank
Progress
lilmariogoat
Accepted Solution

same thing and my mic isnt dananged in any way 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mermaidfossil

28%
02 Rank
Progress
mermaidfossil
Accepted Solution

same problem. I'm using Skull Candy Crusher Wireless. The Bluetooth won't pair, so I'm attempting to use it wired but it doesn't recognize my mic. I can hear all audio from the headset, like my party members and in game noises, but nobody can hear me 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

nursepainkiller

21%
02 Rank
Progress
nursepainkiller
Accepted Solution

Same situation here. I have a USB wired Afterglow headset that worked with my PS4 until recently. It is still fully functional with my PC.  I see in this thread that Sony has decided to prevent the use of Apple devices due to unexpected issues like feedback.  I fear my Afterglow headset is a casualty of this purge. I hope Sony sees that there are 240,000 people who have viewed this thread, and all may be looking for answers as to why their headset stopped working. It's possible that some of these users may grow weary of these upgrades forcing us to buy new products.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RealFiendz

21%
02 Rank
Progress
RealFiendz
Accepted Solution

My Headset stopped picking up most audio.  I had realised when I had someone tell me they couldn't hear me,  I checked it not long ago and it wouldn't pick up my voice! I had rubbed my finger against the part on my mic where the audio gets picked up and I heard a loud noise which is usual,  but nothing else! I need someone's help pls

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vibe-01

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Vibe-01
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vibe-01

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Vibe-01
Accepted Solution

Same thing for me, I am using an Afterglow 3 geadset and it suddenly stopped working but its the headset not the controller, I have tried it on my 2 other controllers all Dualshock 4 and nothing, I can hear everything and Playstation says mic connected but my friends cant hear me. Help please.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

textfield

22%
02 Rank
Progress
textfield
Accepted Solution

Apperantly, buying the console, the game and paying monthly to PS Plus is not enough. You still gotta buy their headphones. I have 2 headphones at home and I use them on everything else but Playstation. This is a shame, and it's very greedy. It's the same technology, same jack input, I mean come on. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Born2ReckYa

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Born2ReckYa
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem i am using the hyperx cloud for Playstation 4 (the Blue ones) i could use them all the time perfectly but now they just turned off completely random (mic)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CJ-JA-B

55%
02 Rank
Progress
CJ-JA-B
Accepted Solution

I have a solution for my issue w/ps4. It was having the same problem many are having. I went into settings > sound and screen > audio output settings : change the priority from linear to bitstream (dolby). Some headsets just arent compatible with linear output.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

seraphinsmash

29%
02 Rank
Progress
seraphinsmash
Accepted Solution

Ok so after reading many pages of this thread yesterday I switched to YouTube and this method worked on 2nd try for us. 

1. Switch off your ps4. Not reset, turn it off. 

2. Hold down ps button on controller for 10secs until the controller is off, lights off. 

3. Wait 1 min

4. Turn on ps4 and wait for it to fully boot up

5. Turn on controller

6. Plug in headphones SLOWLY!!!!! Like a tiny bit at a time 

voila. 

Like me I said, we had to do it twice because we didn’t go slow enough but it is working now so boom! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

samuelhomer

22%
02 Rank
Progress
samuelhomer
Accepted Solution

I have a hc2+ headset having mic issues after starting to boardcastnto YouTube not sure why mic can't pick up my voice

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ryan-2442

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Ryan-2442
Accepted Solution

I've had the same issue as you guys, however, I had three controllers and two stopped allowing my mic at the same time. My oldest controller will in fact work with a different pair, but not with the ones that stopped working the other day. Bought a brand new controller, same thing. No idea what's going on, it seems that playstation have disabled it on the newer models, which is ridiculous.. also without any update/info too.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

YoungFrezH2005

22%
02 Rank
Progress
YoungFrezH2005
Accepted Solution

I put 4 new he’d phone in my controller properly and still my friends can’t hear me I hear everything fine plz need help

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xX321LetsJamXx

23%
02 Rank
Progress
xX321LetsJamXx
Accepted Solution

Let me guess, you searched for the solution online, saw that a lot of people were saying to use the appropriate jack, but that wasn’t the problem at all?

because that’s what happens to almost every thread I see and I’ve yet to find a solution 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

No posts for a while, but I know people keep viewing.

It's always an idea, if you're going to post here, to let us know which mic/headset you're using, saves someone asking repeatedly.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

Thanks Gina.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

Some just won't work, some you need a different mic and /or lead, so it helps.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Edupandze

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Edupandze
Accepted Solution

Yooo i fixed my Philips earbuds. Basically i was yelling in the mic, u know the usual cancerous *****, having fun. Suddenly i was very quiet and it didnt work properly. Went thru all this shite and what worked for me(dunno which part exactly):

Turned off my ps4 for like 15 mins, turned off the controller. Unplugged the mic ofc. Then i smacked the mic part with my hand a bit, used the ds4 handle to beat it up a lil. After the 15 mins i did this 

1. Switch off your ps4. Not reset, turn it off completely. 

2. Hold down PS button on controller for 10secs until the controller turns off, lightbar is off. PS4 should be ON. 

3. Wait 1 min

4. Let PS4 fully boot up

5. Turn on controller

6. Plug in headphones SLOWLY! Like a tiny bit at a time 

voila. 

P.S. while i was typing this my mic died again lol. Fml

P.S.S. unplugging and smacking made them work again, havent died yet. Will update y'all if something changes. Probs gonna test 'em tomorrow 12/03/19

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel