RakkaKaze

24%
02 Rank
Progress

PS4 or DS4 power issue.

0 Replies 73 Views Created 14-03-2018
14 Mar 2018
By RakkaKaze

With some testing I've found that my DS4 refuses to charge at anything but optimal power flow.
(i.e. Plugging into a wall outlet with a 5V-1A phone charger will suffice, a usb hub plugged into one will not. Nor PS4's USB, powered on or rest w/ usb power.)

Unfortunately, it appears my PS4Pro's USB ports do not put out enough power for the controller to light up yellow telling me that it is charging, and after a day, the 1-3 bars usually remains at 2/3 where it was left roughly 12 hours before.

I want to believe that the console would pull enough power, even on a surge protector shared with my monitor and PC, especially in a low-power state, to give at least the required amount for the DS4 to recognize that it is being fed power.

My phone can recognize power coming from the ports, just not the DS4.

I will test this on an unprotected outlet at some point, however I wanted to run it by those in this forum and higher ups if it sounds like a faulty USB on the console. (I want to rule out the DS4 itself as it seems to charge in the right conditions with no special tricks, directional pressure on the port, whathaveyou.)

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel