buttheadgfys

21%
02 Rank
Progress

PayPal issue

1 Reply 656 Views Created 30-10-2018
30 Oct 2018
By buttheadgfys

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere or answered a million times, but I have been having this issue for a while, have contacted PS and they can't seem to do anything about it. 

I have wanted to purchase multiple things with my PayPal account from the store, big or small items, it hasn't mattered. I currently have my dad's bank account hooked up to my PayPal because i take care of him for a living because he cannot walk and that is how I get paid. I have tried to do this on the console and on my laptop, with today actually being the closet I have come to getting something to work. I go into my wallet on my console, entire in my PayPal information and today it actually popped up today with my PayPal account email showing first, but when I added a small purchase to my cart, went to purchase it, when it asks me to verify my PayPal before the purchase, I sign in, and once again, it says Pay With Wells Fargo.. 

It completely bypasses my regular PayPal account and goes directly to the bank that is listed on my account. Why does it do this? I have more than enough funds in my PayPal to purchase the item, is it not allowed to use my regular account because the bank is attached to it? Am I overlooking something?

Can someone help me fix this please? because it does not matter whether I do it on my console, my laptop, my phone, anything is always does this. My PayPal is verified. My Sony account and PayPal have the same email, same country, everything matches up, but it still bypasses my account. 

0 Kudos
LABELS: Store & Billing
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
97%
15 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

Remove your Dads bank details as a payment method on the PSN. It could also be a problem that your Dads bank account is on there, different name.

The other option, and the best option imo, is to buy wallet top up codes and PS+ subs from the many online sellers. I've been using PlayAsia for years because of the hassles with either CC or PayPal payments on the PSN

0 Kudos

PayPal issue

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel