Mc_Streamy

49%
02 Rank
Progress

Philips 55PUS7181 issues with ps4 pro

3 Replies 1,280 Views Created 30-11-2016
30 Nov 2016
By Mc_Streamy

I've also checked with Philips and they give me the usual "try updating your firmware" stuff, etc. Basically I can set the HDMI port to 3 setups:

• UHD 4:2:0
  • UHD 4:4:4/4:2:2
  • UHD off

Using 4:2:0 the playstation starts running at what seems like 15-20 fps, massive stuttering and not playable.

Using 4:4:4/4:2:2 I get audio pops and crackles every few seconds, also after a while audio starts running out of sync.

Using UHD off everything works, but it outputs at 1080p and there is a reason I bought a 4k tv...

Also, I tried to use HDR in FF15. Using UHD 4:2:0 turning on HDR in the game causes the colors to invert (skin color turns green, background purple, etc, really *****) and output is limited to 2160pYuv420 and the playstation tells me the tv could possibly output higher resolutions.

Using UHD 4:4:4/4:2:2 and turning on HDR causes the screen to go insanely bright (like, 80% of the screen is pure white).

Using UHD off does not allow the HDR option.

I've tried different HDMI cables, but the one from the PS4 pro should be fine, the ps4 says it's using DHCP 2.2.

Anyone have any clue or idea of what else I could try? I realise (now) that there are "better" tv's for 4k HDR, but browsing around I see that many other tv's also have (different) issues. And while I could still trade in this tv, this one was fairly affordable and I just really love the Ambilight, so I'd be super sad if I had to get rid of it (and the rest of the tv works fine, just the ps4 pro that's acting up).

0 Kudos
LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SickMick_UK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
SickMick_UK
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mc_Streamy

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Mc_Streamy
Accepted Solution

I had already updated the tv via the tv interface itself, just let it find updates via internet, it said it was up to date. But apparently there is much newer firmware on the site.. It worked and fixed practically all my issues. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SickMick_UK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
SickMick_UK
Accepted Solution

No problem lot of the time the check for updates via TV won't work and need to do manually 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel