Bert_bruh

39%
02 Rank
Progress

Update 6.20

4 Replies 159 Views Created a week ago
12 Feb 2019
By Bert_bruh

Hey all, I'm on my 4th initialization of my PS4 since December 28th, 2018. The first time was disappointing but not the end. I updated my few games I play and carried on. A few weeks later it happened again. Then again. Now it's bricked just 3 days after the last initialization.

I've downloaded the update through both USB and internet. I called customer support and tried it all until initialization was the only option. Spent hours looking for a solution online and no one seems to have the same problem. There's no error code, it just keeps telling me I need to download version 6.20.

Has anyone seen this before or am I just forced to buy a new playstation? This is a 4 year old PlayStation btw.

0 Kudos
LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

Sounds to me like the HDD is failing. Simply replacing that could solve your issues. But I'm not 100% sure on that. Someone else will hopefully know more and can advise you further before you spend money on a new HDD that might not solve the problem.

Update 6.20

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GH0S7__VV0LF

46%
02 Rank
Progress
GH0S7__VV0LF
Accepted Solution

when you download version 6.20 where do you download it from? i know this is a daft question, but i had issues downloading version 6.20 when i initialized my ps4 

Update 6.20

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bert_bruh

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Bert_bruh
Accepted Solution

I tried downloading it from a USB drive through the PlayStation website first (cause that's what it told me and I was unaware of the safemode start up) and I tried several times via WiFi.

0 Kudos

Re: Update 6.20

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GH0S7__VV0LF

46%
02 Rank
Progress
GH0S7__VV0LF
Bert_bruh
Accepted Solution

I Posted This In Another Discussion On Here So I'm Just Going To Copy & Paste It Here, Hope It Helps!

if your downloaded version of update 6.2 doesnt work, make sure the file size is correct. on the ps4 website where you download it to your usb drive make sure the file size is similar to 800/900mb... if not, youve clicked the wrong link on that page, scroll down untill you hit the section "Update After Initialization" (Or words to that effect) and click the "Download Here" button within that subtext

0 Kudos

Update 6.20

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel