49%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

family manager

84 Replies 38,099 Views Created 09-02-2018
09 Feb 2018
By KeBaaan

How can I change or remove the family manager on my PS4? Because I'd like to use a different account with a different region but my current family manager would not allow it. Please help!

0 Kudos
LABELS: My Account
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

KingGobbo

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
KingGobbo
Accepted Solution

If you have someone in your household who is the Family Manager on your PS4, you'll need to speak to them in regards to allowing new account creation on your console. If you cannot create a new account at the moment, that means the Family Manager has set restrictions on the PS4 to prevent this. There is no way to change or delete a Family Manager account if you are not the owner of the account.

View solution in original post

family manager

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RIA370

48%
02 Rank
Progress
RIA370
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem and this is no solution. Sony can you throw us a line here?

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sunbeam665

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Sunbeam665
Accepted Solution

This should be an easy fix! Get on with it.

0 Kudos

family manager

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mjbarnes2305

53%
02 Rank
Progress
mjbarnes2305
Accepted Solution

What do we do if the Family Manager has left the household? We need to change the Family Manager in our household to another Adult. How do we remove the Family Manager designation from an account?

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CHHartBoyz

30%
02 Rank
Progress
CHHartBoyz
Accepted Solution

Same here. My son is the family manager and I therefore connect restrict his play time or issue parental controls without losing all of his related content. Not. Happy. 

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

3 Pages of 'Family Manager' issues and I expect this is the tip of the Iceberg.

A Family Manager Account has to be over the age of 18..   This is the Root of the problem, the kids that the parents want to restrict Playtime to have lied during Account creation and made Adult Accounts.

We constantly hear that Parents should be in full control of what their child can play etc...  Microsoft have this approach but Sony don't.   Microsoft put the trust with the Parents to do the right thing and not let them play anything above their child's age.   Sony on the other-hand do this for us.

Of course, the Family Manger Account cannot be restricted in any way as its considered to be an Adult Account, thus the person using that Account is an Adult that can self regulate themselves  But, kids are creating these Accounts instead because Parents are not supervising their kids during Account creation, or not creating the Account themselves for the child.

Even if you were to change the Family Manager, or add another Adult Account to the Family, you cannot manage another Adult Account.  You can only manage a Sub Account.   The kids don't want to lose their Trophies, Game Progress or Games.  To manage an Account, it has to become a Sub Account, the DOB would need to be changed to the correct age of the child in order to do so...  At this present time, that's not possible.  Even if you log into MobileSony.com to change the date, it has no effect concerning the PSN Account.

Now, if this was possible to turn that Adult Account into the Sub Account and transfer all the Trophies, Game Saves and Games attached to that Account....   Many kids would not be able to continue playing those Games as they would now be restricted Online due to Age Restrictions.

So, basically a solution to this Family Manager problem wouldn't work, you may have the option to regulate the child's Account, but they cannot play those Adult Games to regulate...  You can only regulate Games that they can now play under their correct Age Settings.

DON'T WE LOVE SONY AND THEIR WONDERFUL SETUP.

Ava

0 Kudos

family manager

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
37%
02 Rank
Progress
Stormming_Norman
Accepted Solution

I have the same issues.

SONY.... WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DoM1-Fin

71%
02 Rank
Progress
DoM1-Fin
Accepted Solution

Actual subject: Family manager, editing old account information/status, movin psHistory to other account.

"Solution":

(We need new account level that allows playing all games, even online ones, but still allows time restrictions and other parental controls. Levels could be like "adult-minor/teen-child" out of which a teen could pick a account that i can restrict to allow playing any r18 game online for set period of time. Or just give us gametime control to ALL our accounts we have access to...)

After reading about this and seeing many "solved" threads, opening up a new one to keep this subject up.

We need full control of our account details, levels, restrictions (offline and online), family managemens etc. 

Its our job to decide how to restrict online gaming and how to restrict game time. Yet both cant be achieved. If i allow my teen to play games rated R, as i did on my ps1 when i was a kid, it has to be an "adult" account to accomplish that, but if i want to restrict how long he can do it, it has to be a kid account. Seems we are missing and account level from sony!

Owned tens of playstations since ps1 and this is now my first time, after 20years, to even be considering a competitor of playstation as our next household console.

Its unbeliveable that sony does not allow a total control of accounts, kids, parents, family managers.

Even though i personally have made every account.. those accounts mostly predates any management posibilities, yet there aint any actual tools to change account statuses manager -> adult, adult -> child and so on. So if i for example made original account oldschool style "player1" "player2" "player3" , and them being "master" "adult" "child". 

Now after years of updates and changes in services and style of games/even more online games.

The accounts needs to a revamp to "manager" "kid" "kid" instead, WITHOUT LOSING store purchases worth of loads of Money, which i as a loyal customer have been pouring in month after month...

After hundreds and hundreds of bought games across multiple generations of playstations it has come to this... I might just pull the plug on my sony and toss away all the playstation history of mine, never looking back (feels like a break up from a "since childhood"-girlfriend :D )

And dont give me any bs about making the accounts "wrong way" from beginning. If you are born and raised with "plug in console to play" "plug in controller to join" and "my dad bought this to me"  without any care of age limits. So it was very obvious in the beginning that i needed also another adult account to be able to play "age restricted online games" with my kids, under my surveillance...

All im asking for is the possibility to edit ages/ restrictions/ online age restrictions/ game times/ account data overall. When you have full access to all accounts in your family anyway... 

Not that i couldnt just block certain IPs from routers when i want. But that is my solution, not the one i pay sony for. 

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NICKPET365

25%
02 Rank
Progress
NICKPET365
Accepted Solution

WHAT HAPPENS IF I MAKE MY NEW ACCOUNT FAMILY MANAGER BUT I HAVE ANOTHER ACCOUNT FOR FAMILY MANAGER??????

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

nmbahena44

20%
02 Rank
Progress
nmbahena44
Accepted Solution

Still in issue!!!!! As a parent can’t I just choose to remove my child account, so as to not limit gameplay. Simple as that! Give the parents the option to change it back.

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CapnFulch

55%
02 Rank
Progress
CapnFulch
Accepted Solution

I asked about this in another thread... Never solved--please voice your frustrations there too! https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/Browser-parental-controls-not-working/m-p/258700...

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

volkzuki

50%
02 Rank
Progress
volkzuki
Accepted Solution

My 1 year old nephew picked up the controller when no one was looking and bought $120 worth of not-nearly-kid-safe games…while the TV was off. I talked to a Sony CSR on the phone to get this charge removed and brought this issue up saying this wouldn't happen if the default account was NOT Family Manager. If my kids who play didn't have those kind of privileges, and I could control their accounts as Family Manager instead…this couldn't happen. I trust my kids with purchases 100%…but apparently, unknowing pre-toddlers can't be trusted with purchases. They said there was nothing they could do about it. Ridiculous! Nothing they would do about it…

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
97%
15 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
volkzuki
Accepted Solution

I find that very hard to believe. He would've had to have added each game to the cart, which means each time he would've had to "continue shopping" added another game to the cart, continue shopping and so on......damn impossible

Also If you had "require password at checkout" enabled, you wouldn't have this problem.

I live by myself, I'm the only one who uses my PS4, and I have no mates who come around play games. Yet I still have require password at checkout enabled

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
volkzuki
Accepted Solution

Sony are right,,  Under the Terms of Service that you agreed to...  

You are responsible for any purchases made from that Account, whether you are using it or not..  it don't matter..  the Accounts security is down to you alone!!

But as Gav says..  Your 1 year old has achieved a Miracle..   Perhaps you could get him to buy a Lottery Ticket for his next trick. 

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

volkzuki

50%
02 Rank
Progress
volkzuki
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

I didn't have password required enabled…key word: didn't. And you can call me a liar if you want, or suggest my nephew buy lottery tickets, or whatever. What I know: Call of Duty and Fallout 76 were purchased on our PS4 when no one was using it. The nearly two-year old had been playing with the controller (which was irresponsibly left where he could reach it), and I found out by getting a phone notification from the card saved to the account saying I had just spent $118 with Sony at 6am. Sony was great about helping me remove the charge…but they wouldn't help eliminate what was the heart of the problem: the fact that the family manager account can't be reassigned.

I'm also not claiming that they're violating the EULA or anything. My kids (9 and 11 at the time) got a PS4 given to them by some friends when I was living in the hospital with my 6 year old (for 89 days) who was having a bone marrow transplant. Forgive me for not reading the Terms of Service as I helped them set it up. No whether you had circumstances that were this dire, or you just hurriedly set it up to satiate your eager youngsters, I'm not the only one with this problem. And it seems beyond unreasonable for Sony to be unwilling to at least work with concerned parents who made a mistake setting up their console and want to protect their kids (and their wallets!) after the fact. What do they lose?

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
boat-powerful628
Accepted Solution

Same problem as the one reported by many many others.

My son is using the  family mamager's account and I cannot set time limits or other restrictions

I do not want to delete this account and recreate it because his activity trophies etc will be lost!

can I at least set time limits and testrictions  to my account that he is now using?

meaning can I restrict hours and set time limits to myself which I will be able to change with my Password?

This issue is a serious one and Sony has to repair!!!!

Either to transfer the trophies etc to my child's account or to change the account manager 

or to set limits to the family manager (me) 

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
boat-powerful628
Accepted Solution

Sony have nothing to fix... 

Children between 7 - 17 should be using their own Sub Accounts as set out by the Terms of Service.. it's really that simple!!

Had kids obeyed the Terms of Service.. and they are not hard to follow..

When you are creating the Account, you enter in the correct Date of Birth of the User..

If the Parent is letting their child play with an Adult Account, then they take the responsibility that goes with it..  It's not up to Sony to fix anything!!

Hopefully, one day..  Sony will wake up and ask for proof of Age when creating an Account!!

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tiger999Shark

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Tiger999Shark
Accepted Solution

This question is not solved.

Is it possible to change an account from family manager to a child account?  

Or, switch the family manager to another adult or admin user?

The first account set up seems to be permanently the family manager. In our case the first account was for my 9 year old son. Hate to lose the trophies and progress he has made. But, It has now become clear that we need to restrict his time on the PS4 with account based time limits. Is that possible without deleting the original account?

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fredstion7

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Fredstion7
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

reward280lucky

38%
02 Rank
Progress
reward280lucky
Accepted Solution

I set up my own Gmail account when setting up the ps4 so that I could see my sons activity when online. Now looking to set up family manager and wondering if I can use this account or do I need to use another separate account to set limits? 

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lachko777

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Lachko777
Accepted Solution

THIS IS NOT SOLVED !!!! Make an option to change the Family Manager SONY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

family manager

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

reward280lucky

38%
02 Rank
Progress
reward280lucky
Accepted Solution

Lachko 777. Problem resolved by Sony support. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

family manager

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel