Problem Solved

View Original Post
20 Oct 2017
By varundbest10

varundbest10

69%
02 Rank
Progress

CE-34335-8 After updating to 5.0 (PS4 Pro)

[ Edited ]
9 Replies 4,623 Views edited 24-10-2017
20 Oct 2017
By varundbest10

Premise:-

• I started my PS4 after a few weeks of inactivity, tried to launch YouTube but it wanted me to update the system firmware before I can access that feature.
  • I updated the firmware, started Youtube and watched a couple of videos.
  • Then I tried to start Playstation Store but it showed 'Please Wait..' for longer than I'd care to wait and I pressed back and started to load something else but XMB froze on me. I waited for a while then pressed the power button for a few seconds to force shut down.
  • Since then, I'm unable to start PS4.

Fixes Tried (Order of Succession):-

• Restarted multiple times (CE-34335-8).
  • Safe Mode: Update System Software With Update File (Over Internet).
  • Safe Mode: Update System Software With Update File (Via USB).
  • Safe Mode: Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) with Full 932 MB Update File (Via USB) (CE-33570-8).
  • Removed and Re-Inserted HDD (First time I ever did this, everything is stock).
  • Restarted multiple times (CE-34335-8).
  • Safe Mode: Update System Software With Update File (Via USB).
  • Safe Mode: Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) with Full 932 MB Update File (Via USB) (CE-33570-8).
  • Connected PS4 HDD to my PC (Saw 15 Partitions) and cleared all partitions, formatted it to exFat copied files to it, played them, checked for Disk errors, got no errors. Conclusion: HDD works fine on my PC.
  • Safe Mode: Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) with Full 932 MB Update File (Via USB) (CE-33570-8).

How shall I fix this thing?

Maybe I wouldn't have faced this issues if you didn't hire idiots as Software Engineers in the first place.

No, I cant go to Sony Service Center as They're a bunch of bozos in my country and sony doesn't provide any service in India for the PS4s, let alone PS4 Pros.The console is a couple months old and I bought it from Germany.

Edit:

So somehow I was able to Install Firmware to my PS4 using permutations of the above methods and turn my PS4 on. Thus proving it all to be a Software issue. But now I'm plagued with frequent freezes (Sometimes Dropouts) (CE-34878-0) within 30-40 minutes (I haven't installed any game yet, just Using YouTube).

It'd be great if you Buffoons could pull out a patch for this issue (I doubt there's a single bug causing this). I can help out with Logs but I doubt you guys have taken time to implement any meaningful Logging given your IQs.

Edit 2:

Now I seriously hope that it is the HDD but I doubt it. The main culprit seems to be the Update, moreover it's not Just YouTube. The console have Frozen on:-

• Settings menu (No App in Background)
  • YouTube
  • XMB (YouTube in Background)
  • While trying to load Playstation Store.
  • While Downloading updates for Battlefield 1 (Since my PS4 is completely wiped) in REST Mode. (CE-36329-3)

Edit 3:[24 Oct, 2017]

Replaced the HDD and PS4 lasted a little longer than it used to (>40 minutes) but then I got a Crash/Dropout with Error code CE-36329-3 and Crashed/Dropped Out again upon restart when  I tried to Report the error.

Updated to 5.01 (On new HDD) and Back to square one: CE-34335-8 PS4 doesn't even start anymore!

LABELS: firmware
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

varundbest10

69%
02 Rank
Progress
varundbest10
Accepted Solution

So somehow I was able to Install Firmware to my PS4 using permutations of the above methods and turn my PS4 on. Thus proving it all to be a Software issue. But now I'm plagued with frequent freezes (Sometimes Dropouts) (CE-34878-0) within 30-40 minutes (I haven't installed any game yet, just Using YouTube).

It'd be great if you Buffoons could pull out a patch for this issue (I doubt there's a single bug causing this). I can help out with Logs but I doubt you guys have taken time to implement any meaningful Logging given your IQs

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KingVejita

91%
02 Rank
Progress
KingVejita
varundbest10
Accepted Solution

same here brother same here all worked fine till the update 5.05 atacked

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

OrdosAlpha

• Beta Tester
97%
07 Rank
Progress
OrdosAlpha
Accepted Solution

CE-34335-8: System HDD not detected.

CE-33570-8: Can't access system HDD.

Seeing as you say the HDD works perfectly with no errors detected in a PC, then the SATA controller of the PS4 may be failing. First port of call would be to return the console to the store you purchased it and get a replacement. But, seeing as it was purchased in Germany and you live in India, then that will either be a logistical nightmare or not possible. So, you'll have to deal with PS support. As the console was purchased in Germany, you may have to deal with German support, if you do, then you better be able to speak German and still have your receipt. You could try Indian support first, as you may get lucky and find they'll be willing to deal with your console seeing as it's still a console intended for the SIEE sales region.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My PSN Profile

All blank friend requests will be refused.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

varundbest10

69%
02 Rank
Progress
varundbest10
OrdosAlpha
Accepted Solution

Please check my Comment above yours. It's somehow starting now but now i'm facing other issues :-

So somehow I was able to Install Firmware to my PS4 using permutations of the above methods and turn my PS4 on. Thus proving it all to be a Software issue. But now I'm plagued with frequent freezes (Sometimes Dropouts) within 30-40 minutes (I haven't installed any game yet, just Using YouTube).

It'd be great if you Buffoons could pull out a patch for this issue (I doubt there's a single bug causing this). I can help out with Logs but I doubt you guys have taken time to implement any meaningful Logging given your IQs

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

hgwells

• MVP
93%
09 Rank
Progress
hgwells
varundbest10
Accepted Solution

Tip: Don't be rude to people you are seeking help from.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

Nobody here is customer support, or working for Sony; just regular people.

If you want to call customer support buffoons or idiots, you'll need to contact them first.

They don't hang out here.

They may be disinclined to help though if you do call them names and question their IQ.

Now, if it's working and all you are trying is Youtube;

a) Are you using the app or the browser version.

b) Try a few other apps/games so you know if the issues are with the console, or just Youtube.

c) It's always worth trying option 5 "rebuild database" from Safe Mode

Of course, given the issues you state you've had, it may well be the hdd is failing in which case you may want to look at replacing it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

varundbest10

69%
02 Rank
Progress
varundbest10
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

Now I seriously hope that it is the HDD but I doubt it. The main culprit seems to be the Update, moreover it's not Just YouTube. The console have Frozen on:-

• Settings menu (No App in Background)
  • YouTube
  • XMB (YouTube in Background)
  • While trying to load Playstation Store.

I can stress Test HDD on my PC (Already checked but Bad Sectors, etc.) but i doubt It'll come up with any issue. I'm 99.99% sure its the Update (It appears to be some kind of a Deadlock situation in the OS) and alas I can't do much about it but wait for a patch.

I have sent Tweets to PS Support, referring to this thread for details. I also have a thread in Support forums with no reply whatsoever.

PS: The adjectives were for the Developers, not Support guys.

Edit:

Ordered a 2TB Seagate ST2000LM007 as that seems to be the only thing I can do at this point. I hope all this will be fixed and I can use the PS4 HDD in my PC anyways.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CER2810

46%
02 Rank
Progress
CER2810
Accepted Solution

ESO ME PASO A MI  DESPUÉS DE ESA MALVADA ACTUALIZACIÓN YA NO SE QUE HACER DE VERDAD SONY NO ENTIENDO QUIEN ESTA DETRÁS DE SUS ACTUALIZACIONES PERO ESTÁN PRÁCTICAMENTE DESPEDIDOS SI FUERA POR ESTA COMUNIDAD!! :Enojado:

0 Kudos

CE-34335-8 Después de actualizar a 5.0 (PS4 Pro)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

varundbest10

69%
02 Rank
Progress
varundbest10
CER2810
Accepted Solution

If Sony is incompetent to support the variable hardware than they should not release different versions of their Console in the market. This mid cycle refresh was a sham anyways.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel