StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress

PS4 mic is not working

20 Replies 303 Views Created 18-01-2019
18 Jan 2019
By StunningOink141

My skull candy headphones are not working on my ps4 I checked settings every thing is good I we t to adjust microphone level I can’t hear my voice and in a party with my friends I can hear them but they can’t hear me,Although it was working 2 months ago

0 Kudos
LABELS: Accessories
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Phteve-the-Rock

79%
06 Rank
Progress
Phteve-the-Rock
Accepted Solution

Incompatible due to version. Just wait.

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
Phteve-the-Rock
Accepted Solution

I didn’t understand what you meant.

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Phteve-the-Rock

79%
06 Rank
Progress
Phteve-the-Rock
StunningOink141
Accepted Solution

PS controllers receive updates like the PS does. Some headsets become incompatible after such an update.

You just need to wait for the controller to receive a new one and that's it. 

If you are not sure it's this, you can test with a different headset, different controller or try the headset with a mobile device to see if the Mic Works.

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
Phteve-the-Rock
Accepted Solution

But when is the next update??

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
StunningOink141
Accepted Solution

Next full function 6.50 will be around March but you still need to do more testing with other controllers and other devices FIRST...

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

My PS4 Life was an EU service only and not for any other region of account. Service was IP address geo/location blocked. service has been shut down in EU

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Some Skull candy headphones have a replaceable cable, so it has 2 x 3.5mm jacks with 1 both ends these both need to work at the same time...Because these headsets support disconnecting cables you can Get the jacks to be loose at ether end...

They can also be connected the Wrong way round after lack of use because they support both 3.5mm at each end... If you have skull candy bluetooth headset and have to use the cable to DS4 then some people can put the cable in the wrong way round as there both 3.5mm... it can also take more pressure to get the MIC working at the headset end...

As you don't state what model then We have to rule that out first...

With the skull candy headset, the 3 black rings aka 4 pole 3.5mm jack has to go into the DS4, the 2 ring 3 pole jack goes into the headset... No mic usage has been caused by the users before, rushing and putting the wrong jack into the head set end... Other users have made that mistake, other companies now use 2.5mm jack to avoid this issue...

With the cable the wrong way round the mic on the Cable will not work as it has no power but audio does...  

Rule that out first...

The other issue to rule out is that you have not just gone and got a New DS4 version 2 in the last 2 months as the DS4 Version 2 has been killing Mics with over voltage during crashes or shut down... Astro A10s users had this happen...  if you stopped playing 2 months ago because you had a game crash the DS4 version 2 could have over driven the mic to were it needs higher voltage to work correctly now and not the 2volts of DS4 feed..  

Some finds to fault find...

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

My PS4 Life was an EU service only and not for any other region of account. Service was IP address geo/location blocked. service has been shut down in EU

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

I tried my mic on other devices on all devices my mic worked I tried with other controllers they didn’t work and I didn’t stop playing for two months but when this thing suddenly happed I had exams so I was not free to report it that’s why I just reported it and I’m using skullcandy ink’d 1 

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
StunningOink141
Accepted Solution

Ok going with they no longer work with the 2Volt 350mili amp feed of the DS4  and require the higher 3 volts as their tolerance has fallen out side the DS4 supplied feed as they got older and updates to the DS4...

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

I didn’t quite understand what you said. And at the end what should I do ?

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

And if you meant that I should by the new version of the ds4 I tried it with a new version of the ds4 cause I have both old one and new one none worked

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
StunningOink141
Accepted Solution

Nothing they won't work with DS4 ever again as they have worn out and become incompatable with Ds4 feed as they require higher voltage feed supplied by Android and PCs of 3 volts

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

So hat should I do get a new headphones. For your knowledge I tried another headset which is Bose sound true ultra  it’s brand new I bought it like 4 months ago

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
StunningOink141
Accepted Solution

It still didn’t work

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
StunningOink141
Accepted Solution

Bose won't work

There built for apple crap and never have worked correctly they require android spec mic supplied to run of 2 volts... the digital controlls for apple compliance mean all beats and bose junk built for apple have never worked correctly from day one as they supply Apple cables...

This is why SIE supplied an Android spec unit with the PS4 Skull candy units were meant to be Android first devices... 

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

So what kind should I get now?

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
StunningOink141
Accepted Solution

Built for android not Ios manual mute button, manual volume control dial... if you have to use it on mobile

Or built for Console headset... from proven console headset builders  not mobile brands

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

But it doesn’t make sense that the headphones were working and suddenly stopped working but I asked most of the people  I know who play ps4 the all told me they use mobile headsets and many of them use the same as mine

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
StunningOink141
Accepted Solution

Cause I don’t want to risk buying the Sony gold wireless headset and then if it didn’t work then I lost money for nothing or is it going to work because this headset is wireless 

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
StunningOink141
Accepted Solution

But why is it only me my friends use mobile head phones it works with them but it doesn’t with me 

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StunningOink141

45%
02 Rank
Progress
StunningOink141
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Hello you didn’t answer my last two questions???

0 Kudos

PS4 mic is not working

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel