Kriispee

41%
02 Rank
Progress

Psn refund policy disgracefull

40 Replies 1,352 Views Created 23-11-2018
23 Nov 2018
By Kriispee

Why is it Microsoft has a much better refund policy then Sony... Do you guys not care about your loyal customers 

So what's happened is I've brought a game from the PlayStation Store and it's not the game I though it was.... So I've stuffed up but I though if I explained I brought the wrong game but didn't realise untill I had actually downloaded and launched the game. also I've played it less then 2 yours obviously.

GG Sony GG

"Sony refund policy

After purchasing this type of content through PlayStation Store, you have 14 days* from purchase to request a refund to your PSN wallet. If you have started to download or stream the purchased content you will not be eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty"

Microsoft's refund policy

"Microsoft's refund system applies to games and apps for Xbox One or Windows 10, but only if they're purchased through the digital Microsoft Store - you can't buy a game from another retailer and try and get a refund from Microsoft, unsurprisingly.

But even if you do buy your game from the Microsoft Store, it's worth noting that you can't just get a refund for any purchase you make - there are a few requirements you have to meet. 

Games and apps are only eligible for a refund within 14 days of purchase, and only if you've played less than 2 hours across all accounts - you can't sink 40 hours into a massive RPG and then try and get your money back!"

Guy Microsoft understand that we are human and we make mistakes so if you haven't played the game more then 2 hours you can get a refund.

Thanks 😀😁😊

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

michelle_tabor

• Beta Tester
98%
15 Rank
Progress
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution

I agree sony should have the same policy. I know that is the steam one but didn't realise microsoft was the same.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
97%
15 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

I don't think it's disgraceful, that's just Sony's T&C's, and if it were my digital store you wouldn't even get a refund if you had simply booted the game without even playing it.

I also somehow think that Microsofts policy is just to make them sound better, and when it came to getting a refund by saying "I played it less than 2hrs" they would turn around and say NO we know you played it for 3hrs, even though they wouldn't know at all 

I wouldn't trust any companies return/refund policies, they always worm their way out of it 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheStill

• Beta Tester
96%
13 Rank
Progress
TheStill
Accepted Solution

I want to know why it took you two hours of playing the game to realise you bought the wrong game. 

Sounds like you were planning to demo the game to see if you liked it. Then you were going to request a refund if you didn't. 

That's exactly why sony have the policy they do to prevent this type of thing. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

el-ve

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
el-ve
TheStill
Accepted Solution

I thought you’d be more understanding 😞

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheStill

• Beta Tester
96%
13 Rank
Progress
TheStill
el-ve
Accepted Solution

I'm understanding of genuine mistakes. Not people clearly trying to game the system then complaining when they get caught. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Anankha

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Anankha
Accepted Solution

Usually you can judge whether you like a game within the first 10-20 minutes so if a game doesn’t have a demo version then there should be an option to refund the game if you uninstall it IMO. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

brenko81

26%
02 Rank
Progress
brenko81
Accepted Solution

My wife loves Sims 4, she played it on my PC but then she wanted to play it on our PS4 so she bought the game on PSN. Downloaded played with it, the game is horribly ported to PS4, characters stuck all the time you need to restart the level, and its unplayable with PS controller. So she asked for a refund but she cannot get it because the game is downloaded (lol) and because she played 11 hours. Yes, it took her 8 hours to set her Sim with the look and all the outfits for every scenarios...Then it took me an hour or more to set mine because she asked me to set myself so she can play with us. Then she set two dogs and 1 cat for us. Still no playing. After that when she tried to make our house she had enough because the game is very hard to control and because of the character stuck/restarts. Sony's refund policy is simply pathetic and disgusting. No more Playstation ever. Im thinking about selling this is one too and buying an Xbox. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

feridnb

80%
02 Rank
Progress
feridnb
Accepted Solution

I find the policy just fine.

Every product that you purchase has a description, so you always know what you purchase, that's for as long as you want to read the description.

You can find any gameplay footage on twitch, youtube, etc. so you can actually see how the game really is.
As well there are tons of reviews for all games on all platforms, so you can also check those before buying the same game on a different platform.

Mistaken purchase does not count either, since when you purchase a game, it's not buy and play, you need to personally and willingly put it in your basket, you need to confirm your purchase so that does not end up in a mistaken purchase, but a willingly normal purchase that you blame as mistaken just to have your money back, anyhow, indeed the Steam/Microsoft policies are nice, it's nice to have at least 1 hour of gameplay before deciding whether you want the game or not, but if that's not possible it does not mean that the policy is disgracefull, is just made for lets say "smart people", no offense, but there are a lot of things you can check before buying a game to know if you actually want it or not.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

popwiz1998

21%
02 Rank
Progress
popwiz1998
Accepted Solution

Find it stupid that I just bought a wrong bundle to r6 and I can’t upgrade my bundle because that is  considered a refund like really I am trying to give more money 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The-Almighy-Fox

96%
02 Rank
Progress
The-Almighy-Fox
Accepted Solution

We all agreed to the Cancellation Store Policy when we created our accounts... so we should not complain. If you like it, you keep on using the service, if not, move on. It's just like a law. 

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/playstation-store-and-sony-entertainment-network-store-cance...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DragonsGash

37%
02 Rank
Progress
DragonsGash
Accepted Solution

Sony’s refund policy is illegal. Nothing happens because the consumer is unwilling to go through small claims to protect their rights. Their policy breaches your statutory rights. At least in the UK. All games company’s are breaking the law (legislation really) at the moment because there is no real regulatory body. They’re cash grabbing as much as they can as they see that a regulatory body will be formed some day. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheStill

• Beta Tester
96%
13 Rank
Progress
TheStill
DragonsGash
Accepted Solution

If it is illegal care to state which law is being broken? 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DragonsGash

37%
02 Rank
Progress
DragonsGash
TheStill
Accepted Solution

Don’t be that guy. There are no laws being broken. It’s legislation. And it’s the statutory rights of the individual. I don’t understand why we all argue amongst each other on this type of stuff. Surely a united front for a better system serves everyone even if you haven’t been stung by it yet. It’s better to have a good system in place and not need it than have a bad one and be done over by it. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheStill

• Beta Tester
96%
13 Rank
Progress
TheStill
DragonsGash
Accepted Solution

Nobody is arguing you said something is illegal. I simply asked what that was.

If you simply go around throwing false facts just because you don't like something then you are going to lose credibility.

You can't establish a united front if your history has a poor credibility rating. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DragonsGash

37%
02 Rank
Progress
DragonsGash
TheStill
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DragonsGash

37%
02 Rank
Progress
DragonsGash
DragonsGash
Accepted Solution

There’s a roundabout near where I live and the markings have long since worn out. I remember the roundabout being built. The left lane is for the 1st and 2nd exits, the middle lane is for the 3rd and the right lane is for the 4th and 5th but with a merger lane onto the 3rd. Since the markings have now worn away, The majority of People start in the left lane and cut into the middle lane once on the roundabout to use the 2nd exit. The people in the right lane still go into the 3rd, 4th and 5th. I stand my ground, even though I get shouted at, cut up, threatened etc. Yet I am doing it right. My credibility on the roundabout is low because MOST people do not agree with me. It doesn’t make me wrong, and being right shouldn’t be about popular consensus. 

Sony’s refund policy IS breaching our statutory rights. Now how do you solve that? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DragonsGash

37%
02 Rank
Progress
DragonsGash
DragonsGash
Accepted Solution

I ask, by the way, because I don’t know. I can’t afford to take Sony to small claims which is why they continue to rip people off. Eventually a regulatory body will be established that will hit them with a paltry fine. How does that help us now? It just really doesn’t. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Res-R-Rex

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Res-R-Rex
DragonsGash
Accepted Solution

Did you agree to their rules and regulations ( ToS and CoC ) when you x'd the little box when making your PSN account? All signs point to YES. Did you read it all? All signs point to NO. So, I guess you know what that means, EBD, EBD, EBD, THA, THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

0 Kudos

All right you primitive screwheads, listen up.....

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DragonsGash

37%
02 Rank
Progress
DragonsGash
Res-R-Rex
Accepted Solution

It doesn’t matter. Terms don’t trump law or legislation. Anyone can literally put anything into terms of service but it doesn’t make it legal. I agreed not to grow a beard at my work place (not that I could if I tried) but they can’t legally stop me. Or even dismiss me for it. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Res-R-Rex

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Res-R-Rex
DragonsGash
Accepted Solution

I'm not going to argue with you, but it does matter. You signed which means you agreed to abide by their terms and conditions. End of story. Have a GREAT day!

All right you primitive screwheads, listen up.....
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel