TinFive

21%
02 Rank
Progress

UNSUPPORTED DATA FORMAT. (MP4)

2 Replies 14,161 Views Created 31-12-2011
31 Dec 2011
By TinFive

Explanation: ( Note a more direct question is at the bottom if your not into reading)

Ok my problem is within itself a problem.
I looked around in forums before copying and converting my DVDs and blue-rays to AVI then to MP4 before I loaded them to my PSP. I then stored them in specific folders so they were easy to find, so the copying and converting is nothing now. Now here is the problem, they work perfectly fine without errors in PSP Media Go, and even load to the PSP ok. However it depends on how I copy them and the time it takes ( Annoying Part ).If I add the folder my movies are stored in to my media library in media go the videos read and play fine. When I highlight the ones I want an click  "Send to PSP " they Take 17 HOURS! to copy which is a long time for only 2.4gb of files, im only copying two at a time at all times to save space for PSN Buys. Then after waiting 17 hours I disconnect and to my surprise No Audio! but the video looks great!.
So as my ADHD flares up and I just want to throw it against a wall or threw my 37 inch flatscreen tv / computer monitor I try another method. I remove the ProDuo Memory Stick from the PSP and insert it into a media slot on my PC, I also keep it in the psp and do this same method because my computer reads the memory stick either way. I open My Computer ( Computer ) in the start menu, then select removable drive (PSP Card), Then I open the folder VIDEO where the Media Go movies get stored, Erase the Media Go loaded versions and re-copy them directly from the movie folder on my PC, Then I wait about 15mins (ALOT shorter than 17 HOURS!!), and bam there on there. When I turn my PSP on and go to my Videos they are there ...... ready for it?.......UNSUPPORTED DATA FORMAT!!!.

Question:
Long story short, Why can't my psp recognized MP4 files unless they are loaded with PSP Media GO, and when they do load they don't have audio.
Also the files in the library work perfectly Audio and Video wise weither I play the library version or the version from the device just not when actually play BY the Device.
Anyone got any ideas.

Refurb PSP 3000 Silver with System Software 6.60

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
98%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Media Go FORCES re-encodes to the PSP standard.

Your PC does not it just uses WMP to play files inside a shell.

PSP is a massively poor MP4 player only plays the basic in quality.  

MP4 means ZERO, nothing its whats inside that counts.

First theres....

The Codec H264 or MPEG4 (heres the first problem Microsoft MPEG4 is not the same as M.P.E.G.4 from the mpeg group which is supported on PSP)

Next is H264 Level Flag

1 - 5.1 PSP does not support very high levels. This sets the MAX resolution and bit rate the device can handle to High and the device shuts down and won't play the file.  

Next is the Data in side the container called Protile theres a bucket load of these >7

Believe any thing over Baseline fails to play on PSP.

Then theres the Media streams them selves.

PCs play broken FILEs, Files that dont fit the standard setup. This means PCs CAN NOT be used for Quality controll of encoding. Only the target device can.

To save data space encoders Can choose to Start Audio track a long way in to the MP4. This is bad for non PCs, when devices check for compliance, they scan the first parts of the files for data, No audio stream ,no data, no playing of the file. 

This means if you don't know what your doing with an encoder you just create File after file that won't play.

This is why encoders are supposed to have presets that work for some devices.  Think most have given up with PSP in the latest versions.

Handbrake encoded to Ipod 4 gen, the first version to support video and is meant to be the same support as PSP...

Try this file...As a test. 

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10024475/video/stress.m4v

0 Kudos

Re: UNSUPPORTED DATA FORMAT. (MP4)

Bye bye lithium forums.
EU forum will move away from lithium.
https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Off-Topic/IMPORTANT-We-are-moving-our-forum-to-a-new-platform/m-p/26002595#M1639081 mirgation starts 1 March Yep very quick...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

robster52

80%
02 Rank
Progress
robster52
Accepted Solution
Use xvidpsp, has a preset for PSP. Set avc to 1.3 in video setting and increase audio volume to.200% works a treat, runs at about 25f/s on my dual core so takes about 1 1/2h for a film
0 Kudos

Re: UNSUPPORTED DATA FORMAT. (MP4)

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel