SuperSmexy500

84%
02 Rank
Progress

Broken PS2 controller port?

1 Reply 2,476 Views Created 16-12-2012
16 Dec 2012
By SuperSmexy500

Here's the situation: I recently dug out my old PS2 which I haven't played in about 2 years now. The PS2 switches on just fine, but I can't do anything on the pre-game page (the page that says browser and system configuration), I can't click on anything or scroll down, nothing happens.

On the game (I was testing out Star Wars Battlefront 2), I can press start and scroll up and down, but I can't click on my save data, nor can I delete it or back out to the start menu.

I have tried 3 different remotes so I am 100% that there is something wrong with the first port on the PS2. The analog LED still lights up and if I unplug the remote while in the game (or at least on the start menu of the game), it tells me to reconnect the remote.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? This has rendered my PS2 completely unplayable.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
[insert witty one liner here]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Try the usual blowing on the port before you insert the controller, and the other trick of pressing on the port a little in case there's a loose connection, but short of that there's probably nothing you can do short of dropping it from a cliff or using it to hold up books.

These consoles only last so long I'm afraid and it sounds like yours has bit the dust. You can grab a pre-owned one from GAME for about £20 now though.
0 Kudos

Re: Broken PS2 controller port?

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel