ZeFlo

31%
02 Rank
Progress

Error message 80029940

23 Replies 90,792 Views Created 03-02-2009
03 Feb 2009
By ZeFlo
I just got a problem with playing Blue ray movies on my PS3. I've looked through the messages, and somone suggested that I went back to factory adjustments. I just did, and now I still can't play blueray dvd's but I get a message that an error 80029940 have occured. Does anybody know what this means, and how I may fix that problem?
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

VILLANUEVA1983

22%
02 Rank
Progress
VILLANUEVA1983
Accepted Solution
I got the same thing trying to play the gangster squad bd. I reset the ps3 and checked all my settings. I was about to return the movie untill I checked the disc itself. It had huge smudge prints on it. I cleaned it and it works just fine.
0 Kudos

Re: Error message 80029940

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lord_pethor

42%
02 Rank
Progress
lord_pethor
Accepted Solution

That means your bly ray is busted. Buy a new ps3. I had the same problem, not like same above, but it takes me at least 2 minutes to load a game or bluray movie on the xmb screen, some games wont load at al like Metal Gear Hd Collection, Blu Ray movies appear but wont loadand it give sthe same code...My suggestion is: Buy a new ps3 or just wait for the ps4 and hope that it plays ps3 games. Not the easiest answer to hear but probably the best. Cleaning discs probably do more damage than fix it, I have 2 ps3's go to waste already in 5 years time

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lninja007

21%
02 Rank
Progress
lninja007
Accepted Solution
I got same error code so I try a different one and that worked so I cleaned the blu-ray and then the blu-ray worked
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel