MADE_IN_NYC

44%
02 Rank
Progress

PS3>startup>freeze

1 Reply 677 Views Created 13-11-2013
13 Nov 2013
By MADE_IN_NYC
Games always warn you not to turn your system off while loading and saving logos are displayed. However sometimes I turn the system off during gameplay without quoting the game but I never do it when the game is loading/saving. I notice that even though I turned it off while I'm "in the clear," that makes my system freeze when I next try to use it. I have the newest 5oo GB White PS3. Sometime I forget to quit the game and I regret it every time. I bought this new one because my old one was doing the same thing so I figured it was broken. Now I know to hold the power button to go into "safe" mode. And from there I can reformat. But I have so much downloadable content that it literally takes hours and hours to re-download! It's a big hassle and it's very, very vexing!!! Now I found a way to trick my ps3 to get with the program, so to speak. I restore it to default settings and I get to keep my data. But c'mon! If it's dangerous to your ps3 to turn it off AT-ALL-PERIOD-NO-QUESTIONS then warn us! All this time I thought as long as the game wasn't loading or saving then I'm all good. Can something be done about this??????
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
Accepted Solution

Why should something be done for blatant user error? I always quit games via the XMB then remove disk before switching off and never have issues.

0 Kudos

Re: PS3>startup>freeze

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel