76%
02 Rank
Progress

The Video Store Thread.....

180 Replies 6,927 Views Created 19-11-2009
19 Nov 2009
By gavros12

Hey All,

Now the store is finally with us, whats your thoughts?

I personally think it's pretty good, films to rent are roughly the same as blockbusters pricing, and some films to buy are only £6.99 so it seems good value to me...  (Plus getting a film out without even leaving your house? Can't be bad!)

Its a free service so i think it's spot on, but thats me..... your thoughts??

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

leonkenworthyuk

84%
02 Rank
Progress
leonkenworthyuk
Accepted Solution
im super pleased. just downloading star trek as we speak. The store is FULL of quality films. And the prices are about right. only concern is the films you buy eg star trek, dont obviously come with there 'dvd extras' which will put most off buying im asuming. but for a major film buff as myself its a brilliant addition to the playstation 3. im a happy motherdude at the moment LOL :)
0 Kudos

Re: The Video Store Thread.....

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

trubadman

89%
04 Rank
Progress
trubadman
Accepted Solution
Hey guys, does anyone know how long u get to keep a rental??
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BLACK13

82%
05 Rank
Progress
BLACK13
Accepted Solution
Yup trubadman, you get to keep it for 14 days but once you have started to watch it you have a 48 hour window to watch it in, it advises you of this fact when you make a rental
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

trubadman

89%
04 Rank
Progress
trubadman
Accepted Solution

@BLACK13 wrote:
Yup trubadman, you get to keep it for 14 days but once you have started to watch it you have a 48 hour window to watch it in, it advises you of this fact when you make a rental

thanks mate, i was gona rent a film but its 9gb, and i dont have that free even though my hdd is 500!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Symonator

• Beta Tester
89%
09 Rank
Progress
Symonator
Accepted Solution
standard def prices are bit expensive - when u can buy a dvd for less and get the same quality.
But they have some good films up for sure.. ill have a good look later.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
bit over priced for new SD films at £11.99. then older at £8.99 then realy old at £6.99
cheaper rentals than expected not higher than edit= £4.49
Message Edited by GraphiteGB on 19-11-2009 11:03 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
My PS4 Life was an EU service only and not for any other region of account. Service was IP address geo/location blocked. service has been shut down in EU

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Matneee

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Matneee
Accepted Solution

(I've written this elsewhere so I apologise for repeating, but I think it's a very important question that needs answering)

When you buy movies, can you transfer them to a USB hard drive for storage, then play them back on the original machine/transfer them back to the original machine for playback?

I've read quite a bit about the DRM on the video store, but I want to have this clarified - obviously movies take up a lot of HDD space on the PS3 even with a bigger drive installed, so it's inevitable that you will need to transfer movies you've bought to some form of external storage. But from what I've read, this may render them unplayable. And you only get one chance to download them from the store, with a 2nd download potentially allowed as a 'courtesy' detail by telephoning sony.

But I really, really need a definite, clear and unequivocal yes/no answer about whether you can back up purchased movies to an external storage device for playback on the machine you purchased it with. Otherwise it's a zero value service for me, I'm afraid, as if I used it I would quite quickly fill up my hdd ... 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BLACK13

82%
05 Rank
Progress
BLACK13
Accepted Solution
Plus points - There appears to be a good variety of films and at reasonable prices . Minus points - it appears that the sound is only 2 channel even the HD ones ,HD visusals and low def sound doesn't make sense , so i am unlikely to ever buy any films , but renting of a film to get an opinon on ir before i go out and buy it on Blu Ray or DVD is highly likely. I am currently downloading a SD copy of Beetlejuice to see what is like and will try to transfer it to my PSP too, The file size for the film is 1.4GB and is gonna take roughly an hour and a half to download on my snail paced internet , but not too bad i feel, will reply on this thread again with my thoughts
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

belik2

24%
02 Rank
Progress
belik2
Accepted Solution

When playstation store will in Ukraine?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

buckin_billy

23%
02 Rank
Progress
buckin_billy
Accepted Solution

I was really excited when I saw the new facility to download or rent movies on my PS3, however I am now completely disillusioned.  Firstly, we sat down as a family and decided we wanted to rent Star Trek in HD.  I paid for the rental and started to download the movie, which was really slow to download.  Then we noticed that there was an option to watch the movie while we were downloading it - excellent we thought, so we chose that option and started to watch it.... Then the trouble really started!.... After about 30 seconds in, the movie was interrupted by a message to say it was buffering.  We waited, the movie carried on where it left off and then again and again we were dogged by the buffering message - clearly the movie could not be watched without constant buffering messages - this was unacceptable to all of us, so begrudgingly we decided to do something else and wait for the download to complete. 

The next evening we all sat down again as a family to watch Star Trek.  I went to the download section only to find that the movie had not finished downloading - dammit!  We waited ANOTHER day - still the movie had not finished downloading ( and we have quite a reasonable broadband speed here).  I finally discovered that my environmentally friendly PS3 was switching off after an hour of inactivity.  I quickly disabled the power saving feature and eventually the next day the download finally completed.

That evening, again we sat down as a family in front of the TV  ready and eager to watch the movie we had paid good money for and downloaded. It was completely downloaded - I selected the movie and pressed play - only to be confronted with a screen that said, "The content has expired and is no longer available" !  Tell me please how I can get a refund.  In your previous post you said that Sony may make a refund as a courtesy if you phone them - tell me please what is the phone number for Sony from the UK ?

Finally, I have never had to use Playstation support before, but why, oh why is it so difficult to get support? Why does Technical Support not make their contact details immediately available - it's not my fault if the product lets me down, so why add insult to injury by making it so difficult to get help?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SlapnutzUK

80%
02 Rank
Progress
SlapnutzUK
Accepted Solution
SCEE need to be honest with us the consumer and state that they simply cannot deliver an "on demand" service.

My PS3 has unrestricted access to the internet and my ISP offers no filtering, traffic shaping and also has an excellent connection to the main host of the video store content.

All this and it takes me 18 hours to download 7.5GB, every other part of the store is fine as is my internet. The speed I get from newsgroups as a comparison is roughly 700MB every 6 minutes.

SONY Support insist either it's my ISP or the service is REALLY busy. I have rubbished the ISP part and I cannot believe are service we are all struggling with is still to busy to be able to even buffer a 1.5GB movie.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Moshii

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Moshii
Accepted Solution
Keep it in here people!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Insane_Gamer

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Insane_Gamer
Accepted Solution
I love the video store, i took one look at the Horror section and i got an instant grin on my face, lots of my fav horrors there for me to buy and rent! as i type this i have Hellraiser downloading! and later i might rent Candyman II or Children of the corn or maybe even something else! so much choice, i will be even happier when they add tv shows to the mix, i want to be able to watch shows like the new V or Heroes in HD or maybe even The sarah connor chronicles!.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Anglim94

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Anglim94
Accepted Solution
WHEN IS THE PLAYSTATION STORE COMING TO THE REST OF EUROPE??????
0 Kudos

WHEN IS THE PLAYSTATION VIDEO STORE COMING TO THE REST OF EUROPE??????

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SanadapridE26

32%
02 Rank
Progress
SanadapridE26
Accepted Solution

I'd wish there the option to buy the video as well because I hate renting.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FlunkYou2

98%
03 Rank
Progress
FlunkYou2
Accepted Solution

if your noob!

"And if you are new to PlayStation we don’t want you to miss out! Just register your new console on PlayStation Network between November 19 and 30 and we will send you a voucher for Transformers movie. Yep, you can own Megan Fox in HD on your PS3 forever!"

Check the LINKY 

And if your not a noob your still get a free film!  (just not a good one)

sorry if this has been posted :)

Message Edited by FlunkYou2 on 18-11-2009 09:30 PM
0 Kudos

Free movie with videostore!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AidyD

92%
05 Rank
Progress
AidyD
Accepted Solution

K what film do ya get if your not a newb then?

0 Kudos

Re: Free movie with videostore!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smell_ya_l8r

98%
03 Rank
Progress
smell_ya_l8r
Accepted Solution

@AidyD wrote:

K what film do ya get if your not a newb then?

Its 'da vinci code' IF you buy 'angels and demons' 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Inu_Rayne

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Inu_Rayne
Accepted Solution
Oh, what does it mean by registering your console?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JakeT111

89%
04 Rank
Progress
JakeT111
Accepted Solution

@Inu_Rayne wrote:
Oh, what does it mean by registering your console?

I wanna know this too...

Message Edited by JakeT111 on 18-11-2009 10:17 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/JakeT111x
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel