47%
02 Rank
Progress

Twonky mediaserver problem with NAS box and XVID MPEG-4 encoded videos

4 Replies 2,597 Views Created 14-01-2010
14 Jan 2010
By rjamer

Hi
I have a WD MyBook World Edition NAS drive which uses Twonky Mediaserver v5.1. I am trying to stream XVID MPEG-4 encoded videos to my PS3 (fw 3.15) and am getting an unsupported format error. The same files play fine when I use Medialink via my Mac. If I rename the file extension from .avi to .mpg the file plays back fine on the PS3 using Twonky. I have read that this was a problem with earlier versions of Twonky Mediaserver but was supposed to be fixed in the later versions.
Cheers
Richard

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

The problem with twonky is that its open source and other companies can mess with the coding as they see fit. Twonky developers won't stop this as Thats what sells the product they are selling.

There was a tiny Fix before for this error when others altered the code like you said but it involves Linux file editing. its on their forums support site but due to it being linux based it the becomes a Massive problem if you have never used it before.

Does that My book allow custom updates as 5.1 and 5.1.1 were realy buggy for me.

Latest version is now 5.1.2 and works fine again. 

0 Kudos

Re: Twonky mediaserver problem with NAS box and XVID MPEG-4 encoded videos

[ Edited ]
SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rjamer

47%
02 Rank
Progress
rjamer
Accepted Solution

thanks, I will need to check if you can do custom updates.  I installed version 5.1.2 on XP and the avi file streams fine so it must be an issue with the NAS version or 5.1 itself.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Hope you get it fixed. Its just 5.1 was never released as a stable version it was alway a beta release.

The last stable version before 5.1.2 was 5.0.46 so I am surprised that 5.1 was added unless it fixed a very big problem with my books them selves.  

0 Kudos

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cesarp60

21%
02 Rank
Progress
cesarp60
Accepted Solution

Hello, 

How do you update twonky in the mybookworld? I have version 5.1 and cannot stream any video files, however the same files play fine when I put them on a USB flash drive. However through the newtork (twonky) they dont play. Any help?

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel