sasrob

80%
02 Rank
Progress

ps4 play tv HD

5 Replies 6,053 Views Created 23-02-2013
23 Feb 2013
By sasrob

I would love to see a play tv hd for the ps4 console with all the content of play tv with free HD channels. one good feature would be a decent web browser within playtv like a channel you just click over to. would be cool to see. allow us to record 2 programs at the same time well watching third. Both sky and virgin allow this. I would not like the internet to be needed to use ps4 play tv hd. I would be happy if they just use the same guide display as the ps3 play tv it's simply and works well. it's still early day's but i think sony just pushing for games this time round. We may not see a play tvhd ps4 this time round which i think would be a miss opportunity. 

LABELS:

FREE MMO AT GAMIGO ...pirate galaxy...levelR top games. pc only...
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Icarus21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Icarus21
Accepted Solution

yeah play tv needs to make a return in some way. ign are reporting the next xbox is likely to have some sort of "xbox tv". I use my ps3 a lot as a dvr thanks to playtv and it has kept me using my ps3, playtv is a great feature that should have wide appeal, i dont know why sony didn't push it more. infamous sony marketing struck again i think

Re: ps4 play tv HD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JediKnight246

87%
05 Rank
Progress
JediKnight246
Accepted Solution
I agree, I've been using PlayTV for years and it still works well, for me HD is probably the only feature missing, so it'd be great if the PS4 had a PlayTV 2 with HD support.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AussieAustin

80%
02 Rank
Progress
AussieAustin
Accepted Solution

Totally agree!  Would be a mistake for sony not to include playTV for the ps4.  I've been using it every day since release date, and i got my Dad to buy one to.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Its not required yet in EU.

DVB-T2 is still not used enough in EU. 

EU is not going to fund the UK users for HD.

The product won't be worth while for just UK for only 4HD channels. The Cost you have to pay to make the profit margin high enough for SCEI wont be worth while for the UK user base. 

BT and Talk talk Offer FREE PVR for there broadband customers

SKY offer Free PVR with there bundles on broadband.

VM offer Free Tivo PVR.

The only users that need a PVR will be those not on those BB services. 

The free PVR offers status has changed in the UK since the PS3 release years after PlayTV.

There is even a freeview HD PVR built in to the cheap <£150 HDTV 40 inch samsung 

The only Free PVR ive not used is the talk talk version off youview box...

The boxes are free because they make money from PPV movies and TV show services which you now have access to...

[ Edited ]
My PS4 Life was an EU service only and not for any other region of account. Service was IP address geo/location blocked. service has been shut down in EU

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ArsenalHD

60%
02 Rank
Progress
ArsenalHD
Accepted Solution

I use PlayTV in Poland and it does work with terriestrial HD channels. Poland is using DVB-T MPEG4/AVC though. Streaming live and recorded tv from PS3 to Vita - awesome feature.

My only complain is no Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus support.

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel