By LordRoss

LordRoss

• Online Support

Home Poker World Tournament

[ Edited ]
288 Replies 3,060 Views edited 10-05-2012
18 Mar 2012
By LordRoss

Does the lure of the bluff make you nervous? Think you can read your opponents face even when they’re a playstation home character? Have you got what it takes to challenge first the English forum, and then finally the world? If so then read on!

Welcome to the 1st OPC/Home Poker World Tournament! Over the coming weeks you’ll first do battle against like-minded gamers here on the English forum. If you make the cut, the rest of the world will be waiting to dish out their brand of hustling. Tough enough to survive them, then you’ll be crowned the OPC world poker champion. It’s time to show them who is boss.

What do you need to do?

• Firstly, apply for the tournament by signing up here in this thread. Everyone is welcome, from noobs to hustlers! Applications for the tournament are open for the next two weeks. The closing date is 9pm, 2nd of April.

• If you haven’t done so, download Home (and its patches). When the tournament starts you’ll get an invite into the tournament.

• Check back here regularly for more information.

• Brush up on your poker skills!

The hosts

Here on the UK forum the hosts for the tournament are RenegadeXtreme and englishgolfer. They will be posting more information in the coming days.

The set up

Some dates to look out for:

19th March – 2nd April: Get your applications in!

5th April: Start of the tournament

3rd May: Semi final

10th May 17th May: World Championship final 20:00 BST

We’ll be playing no limits Texas hold ‘em. Pending on the amount of applicants, it will determine how people progress. More details closer to the closing date! The top two forum players will then go on and represent the English forum at the semi final. From there, the top six players from that tournament will then face off each other in a one-table sitting. Only one will be crowned World OPC Poker champion!

The prize

Our very own TheNarrator has created these special one-of-a-kind avatar and sig that the top UK player can proudly use on these forums.

However, the greater prize will be knowing that you are the best poker player on Home and these forums.

The Final six:

Le_Belge76140 - France

thelink19 - Italy

DanceNinja - Russia

mazbot - France

Brandoino1984 - Portugal

Inimeg13 - Russia

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

@Brandoino1984 wrote:

1 question? 

Hour in GMT

British Summer Time. 5 hours and 38mins from this posting :)

0 Kudos

Re: Home Poker World Tournament

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Some people still to accept invites. Or need to request one. So will post this bit of info again if your new to Home still...

To check, go into PlayStation Home, then.......

Start Button > Social > Clubs > My Invites. And accept the invite.

If your club invitation is missing, then.....

Start Button > Social > Clubs > Search Clubs > Start Search. And type OPC Events Clubhouse next to Name, and press OK.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Be warned.

If you snooze you lose.  If ya don't accept ya invite before the Semi Final kicks off then it's your loss.

Make sure you remember to attend at the right time tonight as Renegade has a strict anti late policy that you don't want to mess with.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

30 minutes until poker faces on :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Brandoino1984

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Brandoino1984
Accepted Solution

LordRoss escreveu:

Fat Princess Table

EN Domiinatrix   - Fifth place

RU Inimeg13   - Second place

FR Celine84300 - Thirth place

PT Brandoino1984   -   First place

ES Keirrison9   -   Thirth place

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

We have our winners and qualifiers for the final next week.

Table 1

Le_Belge76140 - France

thelink19 - Italy

Table 2

DanceNinja - Russia

mazbot - France

Table 3

Brandoino1984 - Portugal

Inimeg13 - Russia

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

englishgolfer

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution
well done all! shame that dom and mcneilio didn't make it through. :(

but on a positive note, i now know how it's like to work at the united nations!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
68%
02 Rank
Progress
BettySwollocks92
Accepted Solution

so since Dom was at the poker night we can safely say that I am not she after all?

thanks for clearing that up

bad luck Dom and McNeilio better luck next year and well done to all who entered :)

add my name to the poker nights though I'm a dab hand with the cards :D

0 Kudos

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

bobby526

• Beta Tester
97%
10 Rank
Progress
bobby526
Accepted Solution

Sorry for your players McNeilio and Domiiinatrix.

Once again, thank you. We had a great time with you. :smileyhappy:

And congratulations to 6 finalists ! :smileywink:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Brandoino1984

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Brandoino1984
Accepted Solution

good luck

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Legendary_Vicki

93%
08 Rank
Progress
Legendary_Vicki
Accepted Solution

@englishgolfer wrote:

hi guys!

i've been thinking about the league that we want to start up. LordRoss pointed me in the direction of the portuguese home section and their league (link). in their league you can play as many times as you want or just the odd one or two games. obviously those that play the most will get the most points. they've based their scoring on a "winner takes all" approach. for example, if there are 5 players at the table the winner gets 5 points, and everyone else only gets 1 point. i'm not too keen on this as it might discourage some if McNeilio or Domiiinatrix keep on winning!

what i propose is getting points based on how many are at a table. 5 players, the winner gets 5 points; 2nd place gets 4 points, 3rd place gets 3 points and so on. below i've knocked up a quick idea of a spreadsheet for the league.

poker-league-idea.jpg

as you can see it's only me playing (and i've managed to loose 6 times!). there is a column for points based on what i've described above. the "average position" column is an average on what place a player finishes in and the final column should be self-explanatory. we could have 4 types of winnings based on the last 4 columns (won, points, average position and win percentage). this way if a new player wants to join in half way through the league they will have a chance to win, say, best win percentage as they won't be able to collect enough points to win in the points column. of course we'll need to say that a player needs to play a minimum amount of games to be eligible to win. we can't have a person playing one game and winning, thus giving an average position of 1 and a win percentage of 100%! so perhaps the minimum should be set to 6 games? or?

last time we met up up in the clubhouse i raised the issue of having 7 players on one night. i've given this quite a lot of thought and tbh i can't see a work around that will help. apart from that we need to rotate ourselves from "table to table" so some times we play on a table with 4 players, other times we play on a table with 3. of course, this is assuming we get an odd number of players on our meet ups....

LordRoss also proposed that we run the league based on seasons (spring/summer; autumn; and winter). i like this idea and was thinking we could kick off the league thursday 17th may (which is also norway's national day if you're wondering), a week after the grand-final. we'll run it until the school summer holidays begin in england (which i have no of idea when they start but i'm guessing the end of july, start of august).

now where do we host it? Renegade has a great pub so we could play there (he also talked about buying a new clubhouse). Vicki also has a clubhouse and Domiiinatrix as well. why can't we rotate around so we get a chance to visit each others places? might be fun!

finally, i don't mind setting up and running a google doc for the league table but i'm trying to teach myself how to put in formulas to make it easier updating the league. but if anyone has experience in that let me know and i can allow you access to the doc so you can help! thanks!

so, thoughts?

Some really great idea's there EG. I like the idea of doing 5 points for the winner, 4 for 2nd etc.. Gives us all something to stay focused on. Doing it in rotating clubs/pubs etc sounds good but how will it affect scoring etc? I mean will there be a set person to keep score every week and who will do it if said person isn't there? My club has been sitting unused for sometime now. Would quite like to see it getting used again once in a while :D

FFXIV Server - Gilgamesh.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jfsebastian

97%
05 Rank
Progress
jfsebastian
Accepted Solution

This event sounds like it was good fun. Would it be possible for me to join the poker club or do I have to wait for the next tournament?

0 Kudos

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

englishgolfer

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution

@jfsebastian wrote:

This event sounds like it was good fun. Would it be possible for me to join the poker club or do I have to wait for the next tournament?

we're in the process of setting up a poker league! and you're more than welcome to join in! check back here in the home section in the coming days.

edit: love your sig! bladerunner is an all-time favourite of mine.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

retro_79

72%
03 Rank
Progress
retro_79
Accepted Solution

@jfsebastian wrote:

Yes. I agree. it looks good fun. I hope I can get the chance to play in the next one. :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
22%
02 Rank
Progress
joshuamartain221
Accepted Solution

can u please tell me how to get the bracelet to get into the tornament ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution
Oops! Think you have this one mistaken for the Digital Leisure poker tourney. You might want to take a look here for more info........
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/Digital-Leisure-Poker-Tournament-Bet...
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel