Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

  • 41

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
08 May 2009
By drexl

drexl

  • Offline
68%
02 Rank
Progress

Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

202 Replies 3,398 Views Created 08-05-2009
08 May 2009
By drexl

Hi all

 

I've noticed EssexJames recently quoting Kaz Hirai's office address, encouraging you all to write to him and complain about SCEE Home.

 

 I really need to step in and comment here. I recently came out and addressed these forums with my response to the original "Open Letter". In this I publicly committed to you that things were going to change, and that I was making this claim with the support of my senior management team. I also intimated that this change would NOT happen immediately, that it would be gradual. The next step I took to substantiate my claims was to release the EA Sports space, in an incomplete form, in an effort to get some new content out to you as quickly as possible.

 

I also said, in my response, that I needed us to all work together to improve the situation, and that I understood your frustration over recent months, and that your support was extremely important and valued.

 

I'm really curious, therefore, why some of you seem so hell-bent on making things even more difficult for us? I said it would be a gradual change, that it would take time, and as a first step gave you the EA Sports space to demonstrate that what I was saying was not just idle chat.  Three weeks later, despite this, I am reading postings in which you contiune to voice your displeasure that things haven't changed!

 

Yes, your feedback is crucial to us. Yes, we listen and read all of it. But it has to be constructive, not deliberately inciteful and unreasonable. Give us a chance. I've made a committment. At least give us some time to try and honour it.

 

Frankly, postings like the ones I've just read are totally counter-productive to my team being able to try and do its job and make the improvements you (and we!) all so desperately want.

 

I'd encourage you to re-read what I said in that Open Letter response. Continuing to plague us with unfocused, unhelpful criticism when we are simply trying to live up to a publicly made promise is only dragging down the process of trying to improve the situation.

 

Thanks

 

Drexl

 

 

Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

akzy

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
akzy
Accepted Solution
I think due to home's "hard" birth, people have just been really annoyed with it. From its early signs, it promised lots, but delivered little. However, i now enjoy home, i just people just havent adjusted to these early high hopes yet.
0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...


Trophy Hoarder? Lovefilm!
http://www.lovefilm.com/7hxx68htx/visitor/sign_up_1.html

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

DANNY3194

  • Offline
81%
05 Rank
Progress
DANNY3194
Accepted Solution
Well said Comander!
0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
16
/16

Kermit1970

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution
drexl. I think you'll find that some people even if they were handed everything they wanted on a silver platter would still find something to complain about. Unfortunately these forums seem to be plagued with quite a lot of them.

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
04
/16

DANTE234

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
98%
04 Rank
Progress
DANTE234
Accepted Solution
i agree with u kermit like what u said
0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
02
/16

ElectricJuice

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
ElectricJuice
Accepted Solution

As proven in this very thread, it seems people NEED to create an uproar before we get officially spoken too.

 

I urge you to ignore the majority of people who will come into this thread and kiss your backside, and listen to those that have some very valid points. Ones which, no doubt, will get ignored as usual.

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
04
/16

DANTE234

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
98%
04 Rank
Progress
DANTE234
Accepted Solution
like kermit said, even we got all the content people will still complain, just let them do there job
0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

ukredfive

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
ukredfive
Accepted Solution

Drexl you have done yourself no favours with this thread, it comes across as a rant.

 

I am more than happy with Home XI has kept me occupied an I'm workin my way through MGS4.

 

I know it sounds stupid but you would have been better keeping quiet on this one, all the moaners will say is: 'see this is what it takes'.

 

Those that are reasonably content as myself just become more and more unsettled.

 

Do yourself a favour, delete this thread and we will pretend it never happened.

0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

zelamy

  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
zelamy
Accepted Solution

i'm curious as to how contacting kaz to tell him how unhappy we are would would make things harder for the eu home team.

 

you can't start having a go at your customers because they aren't happy.

maybe we have been a bit impatient, but after years of neglect from scee, that's to be expected.

and how many times have we been told by people in this division that things will improve only for there to not be a change.

 

i applaud the decision to release the us version of the ea space, but if localisation was made mandatory for this "global project" we wouldn't need the us version.

we are only going to wait so long for you to fix the problems you created. 

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

CoolTails

  • Offline
92%
04 Rank
Progress
CoolTails
Accepted Solution

Drexl,I think you may have missed a huge part of the uproar this week.

 

It was down to communication,or lack of.

 

There was nothing to say what the eu was getting till after the event,hence the blow up.

 

There was only the US blog which clearly stated what was coming to Home,the only thing it said wasn't was Sirens.

 

To all intents and purposes everything else was,no one said else it wasn't.

 

So after the threads about stage set and what your going to do in it then  to see it wasn't here,with no reasoning or anything thats what kicked it off,apart from that everything pretty much hunky dory.

 

Communication is key.

 

Message Edited by CoolTails on 08-05-2009 05:06 PM

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

[ Edited ]

Follow me-http://twitter.com/CoolTails

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

monkee1

  • Offline
79%
05 Rank
Progress
monkee1
Accepted Solution

@CoolTails wrote:

Drexl,I think you may have missed a huge part of the uproar this week.

 

It was down to communication,or lack of.

 

There was nothing to say what the eu was getting till after the event,hence the blow up.

 

There was only the US blog which clearly stated what was coming to Home,the only thing it said wasn't was Sirens.

 

To all intents and purposes everything else was,no one else it wasn't.

 

So after the threads about stage set and what your going to do in it then  to see it wasn't here,with no reasoning or anything thats what kicked it off,apart from that everything pretty much hunky dory.

 

Communication is key.

 


Even if he did say that we weren't getting these thing's all the people who have been complaining the past few days, would have complained anyway ( because of the fact that we weren't getting them ) they can't win.

 

I am not sticking up for SCEE but let's give them time to rectify their problems.

 

In a way i would prefer that drexl spent his time developing content for home, rather than constantly having to read huge threads that ramble on about rubbish.

But then again i do agree that communictaion is key

 

 

0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
11
/16

PFC_Hudson

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
98%
11 Rank
Progress
PFC_Hudson
Accepted Solution

@Kermit1970 wrote:
drexl. I think you'll find that some people even if they were handed everything they wanted on a silver platter would still find something to complain about. Unfortunately these forums seem to be plagued with quite a lot of them.

Quoted for truth

0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

andycass

  • Offline
98%
05 Rank
Progress
andycass
Accepted Solution

I  think most peoples dissapointment since thursday as been the updates tend to be clothing or purchasble content the lack of actually game spaces seems to be very thin on the ground considering you yourself claimed home would be centred around gaming. also communication is still very thin on the ground speculation to the stage set area coming to EU was rife in the forums this week but no official came on to the forums to kill that speculation and left the situation to get out of hand.

 

There is one more thing that worries me and that is you're post count 5 posts since open beta doesn't bode well.

0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Paranoimia

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Paranoimia
Accepted Solution

@andycass wrote:

I  think most peoples dissapointment since thursday as been the updates tend to be clothing or purchasble content the lack of actually game spaces seems to be very thin on the ground considering you yourself claimed home would be centred around gaming. also communication is still very thin on the ground speculation to the stage set area coming to EU was rife in the forums this week but no official came on to the forums to kill that speculation and left the situation to get out of hand.

 

There is one more thing that worries me and that is you're post count 5 posts since open beta doesn't bode well.


While I do see the point that maybe someone 'official' could have put the rumours to rest, it baffles me as to why people get their hopes up when there has been no official confirmation, then decide it's SCEE's fault when they don't materialise. This happens every time that we get wind of a new addition, and almost without fail, the US get it first. I'm not saying it's right, but the fact that people still get shocked and angry over it is a little baffling. Basically, don't assume we're getting anything unless you read it here in an official capacity first.

 

As for the low post count... I'm glad. If it was in the thousands, people would be telling him that maybe we'd get things faster if he wasn't posting so much! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

____________
Paranoimia
Website / Twitter / Google+ / YouTube / Flickr / PSNProfiles / TrueTrophies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

andycass

  • Offline
98%
05 Rank
Progress
andycass
Accepted Solution

@Paranoimia wrote:

@andycass wrote:

I  think most peoples dissapointment since thursday as been the updates tend to be clothing or purchasble content the lack of actually game spaces seems to be very thin on the ground considering you yourself claimed home would be centred around gaming. also communication is still very thin on the ground speculation to the stage set area coming to EU was rife in the forums this week but no official came on to the forums to kill that speculation and left the situation to get out of hand.

 

There is one more thing that worries me and that is you're post count 5 posts since open beta doesn't bode well.


While I do see the point that maybe someone 'official' could have put the rumours to rest, it baffles me as to why people get their hopes up when there has been no official confirmation, then decide it's SCEE's fault when they don't materialise. This happens every time that we get wind of a new addition, and almost without fail, the US get it first. I'm not saying it's right, but the fact that people still get shocked and angry over it is a little baffling. Basically, don't assume we're getting anything unless you read it here in an official capacity first.

 

As for the low post count... I'm glad. If it was in the thousands, people would be telling him that maybe we'd get things faster if he wasn't posting so much! :smileyvery-happy:


Sorry but there was every suggestion that we was getting the stage set space. 5mins of is time in the week could have saved alot of problems we see now.

0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Paranoimia

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Paranoimia
Accepted Solution

@andycass wrote:
Sorry but there was every suggestion that we was getting the stage set space. 5mins of is time in the week could have saved alot of problems we see now.

I don't see how, personally. It was announced on the US blog; if nothing else, experience has taught us that we should never, ever assume that we will get what is mentioned there.

 

It seems to me that what has happened is that, because of the comment that the Siren space will be coming to Europe 'at a later date', people have simply assumed that the Stage Set announcement was global, when they should still have kept in mind that they were reading the US blog.

 

Certainly, the sooner we get the EU blog, the better. Maybe then, people will stop reading the US blog as a global one and disappointing themselves.

 

But as I said, while I blame people's own assumptions more than SCEE, I do agree that, seeing what was occurring, someone could have said something to head off the car crash.

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

____________
Paranoimia
Website / Twitter / Google+ / YouTube / Flickr / PSNProfiles / TrueTrophies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

andycass

  • Offline
98%
05 Rank
Progress
andycass
Accepted Solution

@Paranoimia wrote:

@andycass wrote:
Sorry but there was every suggestion that we was getting the stage set space. 5mins of is time in the week could have saved alot of problems we see now.

I don't see how, personally. It was announced on the US blog; if nothing else, experience has taught us that we should never, ever assume that we will get what is mentioned there.

 

It seems to me that what has happened is that, because of the comment that the Siren space will be coming to Europe 'at a later date', people have simply assumed that the Stage Set announcement was global, when they should still have kept in mind that they were reading the US blog.

 

Certainly, the sooner we get the EU blog, the better. Maybe then, people will stop reading the US blog as a global one and disappointing themselves.

 

But as I said, while I blame people's own assumptions more than SCEE, I do agree that, seeing what was occurring, someone could have said something to head off the car crash.


yeah i agree but if its hype or not created by users like you have said yourself that hype should be put to rest and it would save most of the problems this week and in the future. Got to add somewhere it did say EU would be getting this space thursday can't remember where anyone want to help me out.

0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

CoolTails

  • Offline
92%
04 Rank
Progress
CoolTails
Accepted Solution

@andycass wrote:

@Paranoimia wrote:

@andycass wrote:
Sorry but there was every suggestion that we was getting the stage set space. 5mins of is time in the week could have saved alot of problems we see now.

I don't see how, personally. It was announced on the US blog; if nothing else, experience has taught us that we should never, ever assume that we will get what is mentioned there.

 

It seems to me that what has happened is that, because of the comment that the Siren space will be coming to Europe 'at a later date', people have simply assumed that the Stage Set announcement was global, when they should still have kept in mind that they were reading the US blog.

 

Certainly, the sooner we get the EU blog, the better. Maybe then, people will stop reading the US blog as a global one and disappointing themselves.

 

But as I said, while I blame people's own assumptions more than SCEE, I do agree that, seeing what was occurring, someone could have said something to head off the car crash.


yeah i agree but if its hype or not created by users like you have said yourself that hype should be put to rest and it would save most of the problems this week and in the future. Got to add somewhere it did say EU would be getting this space thursday can't remember where anyone want to help me out.


Twitter..........then removed later on.

0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...


Follow me-http://twitter.com/CoolTails

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
07
/16

BiosNova

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
90%
07 Rank
Progress
BiosNova
Accepted Solution

I do think it is good you have made this post. I know i do complain a lot about SCEE and Home but i do try to make it constructive as i want to help you help Home.

0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

CoolTails

  • Offline
92%
04 Rank
Progress
CoolTails
Accepted Solution

Look,we're all united in the cause,are we not,so united we stand etc etc.......

 

After todays goings on,its reassuring to know that it is being noticed what goes on here so lets get on shall we???..........

 

 

Lets put this week down to a hiccup and move on,and give em the chance,didn't realise it'd only been 3 weeks tbh,seems longer.

 

0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...


Follow me-http://twitter.com/CoolTails

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

monkee1

  • Offline
79%
05 Rank
Progress
monkee1
Accepted Solution

 

 

Lets put this week down to a hiccup and move on,and give em the chance,didn't realise it'd only been 3 weeks tbh,seems longer.

 


your kidding me, weren't you one of the ones that has been complaining the past couple of days?

 

This is exactly what i mean by stepping back for a minute, asses the situation, get the facts staright then if it seems appropriate post your (constructive posts)

0 Kudos

Re: Further to my recent response to "Open letter to SCEE"...

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel