TedTheDog

87%
04 Rank
Progress

Home Square changes for the 21st now on the 28th

40 Replies 4,101 Views Created 21-05-2009
21 May 2009
By TedTheDog

We had some problems this morning and in the end the Home Square changes did not all go through. You might have noticed the fish didnt show up for example and that theres some odd seating issues cropping up sometimes.

The dev team are now dealing with the problem that stopped the update and then we will release Home Square with the changes next Thursday, the 28th of May.
Next Thursday is not a normal release day but we will use the standard scheduled downtime window to get this done.

I'm also led to believe that this change will also fix the seat that allows the glitching up on the walls etc. Enjoy it whilst is lasts but please, stay off the game tables or be moderated.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

THE_CHAOS_CURSE

90%
05 Rank
Progress
THE_CHAOS_CURSE
Accepted Solution
thanks for the heads up :)
0 Kudos

Re: Home Square changes for the 21st now on the 28th

i hate the YLOD :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vanishes

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Vanishes
Accepted Solution
I thought you had missed out the glitching bit in the update, I'm glad to hear it's still being addressed.
0 Kudos

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tan Hauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.
Blade Runner - Roy's final monologue (1982)

Follow me: http://www.twitter.com/xsforce

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

antopipac

85%
04 Rank
Progress
antopipac
Accepted Solution

@Vanishes wrote:
I thought you had missed out the glitching bit in the update, I'm glad to hear it's still being addressed.
Yup me too im pretty fed up of glitchers tbh!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GiggIz

• Beta Tester
98%
06 Rank
Progress
GiggIz
Accepted Solution
thanks Ted
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DANTHEMAN121

89%
05 Rank
Progress
DANTHEMAN121
Accepted Solution
Thanks TedTheDog
0 Kudos

dantheman121

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vanishes

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Vanishes
Accepted Solution

I don't mind seeing someone standing on top of a wall, occasionaly, it's when there are 4 or 5 people doing the same thing and a huddle of others next to them trying to get up to the same place, it kind of ruins the illusion of Home.  The one that really annoys me is the one in the shopping centre where they push against the handrail to get up on it, there's usually a bunch of idiots doing that one whenever I go into that space *Yawn* 

There are games people play glitching in their private spaces to try and get to impossible to reach places on Sofas and such, each to their own, I have nothing against that at all, just don't force the stupidity on everyone else.

0 Kudos

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tan Hauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

PFC_Hudson

• Beta Tester
98%
11 Rank
Progress
PFC_Hudson
Accepted Solution

@Vanishes wrote:

There are games people play glitching in their private spaces to try and get to impossible to reach places on Sofas and such, each to their own, I have nothing against that at all, just don't force the stupidity on everyone else.

Please explain just how the stupidity is being forced on others?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vanishes

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Vanishes
Accepted Solution

I didn't mean they were forcing you to glitch, I mean't that others had to see it, as I said earlier it spoils the illusion of Home, well in my case it does, can't remember many Shopping Centres around here where people stand on the handrails.

I'm interested in your opinion of Glitching if you'd like to share it, my post was just mine.  To be honest, I'd love it if someone could explain why so many people get enthrawled by it, it appears to be such a boring pass time.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sinister1JP

97%
07 Rank
Progress
Sinister1JP
Accepted Solution
Will the chess noise be fixed too?
0 Kudos

Games I own: Afrika, Assassin's Creed, Eye, of Judgement, FIFA '08, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue: Spec. III, Heavenly Sword, MotorStorm, Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty, SEGA Mega Drive Collection, Shaun White Snowboarding, Silent Hill: Homecoming, SOCOM: Confrontation, Street Fighter IV, WipeOut HD....and more!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Plambey

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Plambey
Accepted Solution
ted PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSEE get them to maybe ad an "option" or somethin to the text box, to change colour etc. while i'm happy wit the new features of bein able to completely turn it invisible, i dont see the point of addin the colours to the text box, or reduce font size. (ok mabe font size so boxes werent scrolling so fast, but still) the colours hurt my eyes and are hard to see, i prefered it other way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :( :( :( :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MC_Febras

98%
09 Rank
Progress
MC_Febras
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the info Ted.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

OGCFB

98%
03 Rank
Progress
OGCFB
Accepted Solution
BECAUSE WE find it fun GLITCHERS see home in a different light rails become paths furniture become ladders and when we see places behind walls we think is that solid got to find out so we see hmmm i wonder if i can stand on that plant etc etc......
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vanishes

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Vanishes
Accepted Solution

As I said, I don't really mind people standing on walls, seats etc. etc., these are all things you see in real life, physically possible, not a problem, Parkour was built on that stuff, but things that just don't happen, like balancing on a handrail or standing in midair, for me spoil the illusion, I'd prefer they were kept in private spaces.

My boredom of it probably comes from COD 4 & 5, Killzone and other FPS games I've played, enter a map and you can watch the mentally challenged heading for Glitch points to get under maps or into impossible positions to spoil it for the rest of the players, after a while it becomes another Yawn moment as you exit for the hundredth time trying to get a decent game.  I know this doesn't apply to Home, since there is no gain other than the negativity of game disruption in the wrong place, I just don't see the attraction of talking from inside a plant pot, or from the top of a handrail, maybe it's an adrenaline rush thing I missed.  Don't get me wrong, I've done it, just didn't get the appeal at all, I'd prefer to stand and have a conversation.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

OGCFB

98%
03 Rank
Progress
OGCFB
Accepted Solution
some people like glitching and think its a part of home others they dont like glitching it ruins home and dont get a rush fair enough.....

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vanishes

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Vanishes
Accepted Solution

@OGCFB wrote:
some people like glitching and think its a part of home others they dont like glitching it ruins home and dont get a rush fair enough.....

Agreed, we are all different, but we all enjoy it in our own way.   Kudos for no flaming, I liked your respones.

Now Ted, where's that Dang Stage Set!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

OGCFB

98%
03 Rank
Progress
OGCFB
Accepted Solution
Thanks Your Responses Was Cool Also.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

belazir

• Beta Tester
96%
06 Rank
Progress
belazir
Accepted Solution

@Vanishes wrote:

@OGCFB wrote:

Agreed, we are all different, but we all enjoy it in our own way.   Kudos for no flaming, I liked your respones.

Now Ted, where's that Dang Stage Set!

there's little point flaming over such a thing

as mentioned, not a rush, just different. to be fair, you wouldn't often find me in CoD etc etc being bothered by glitchers in there, and there it would annoy the heck outta me.

different strokes, different folks.

0 Kudos

>one day, the voices in my head will get too loud and be overheard
>cls_

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MikeyLCR

79%
02 Rank
Progress
MikeyLCR
Accepted Solution

Hi, I haven't logged in to Home in a while but now that I've downloaded updated and gone back in I've found that the PS crashes completely every time I enter EA Sports...is this a known error?

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

belazir

• Beta Tester
96%
06 Rank
Progress
belazir
Accepted Solution

@Vanishes wrote:

I don't mind seeing someone standing on top of a wall, occasionaly, it's when there are 4 or 5 people doing the same thing and a huddle of others next to them trying to get up to the same place, it kind of ruins the illusion of Home.  The one that really annoys me is the one in the shopping centre where they push against the handrail to get up on it, there's usually a bunch of idiots doing that one whenever I go into that space *Yawn* 

Fair comment, as you say each to their own. Lengthy this reply may be, but I think you've presented a fair argument that I wanted to counter-point... sorry if I ramble and end up boring 3% of forum readers to depression. :D

I do glitch, pretty much any time I'm near one I know and I'm just standing around talking (tho I don't seek them out like Tassja does..) for me I suppose it's pretty much the same way I would rather sit on a wall than sit or stand in the way, and to be fair the "Seated" animation makes for a boring screen over extended periods. Might seem weird but I'd rather not have avatars running through me and bopping around me, I'd rather be stood somewhere out of the way. So maybe it doesn't spoil the 'illusion' of home compared to an alternative of people foinging around you like a street dancer (i do actually try and avoid "bumping" into people, unless it's a great forest o them next to a minigame, then it's amusing barging through them heh)

For some the feeling probably goes a bit further, maybe the same way they'd skateboard where they're not supposed to, again Tassja explains it as just because she can, and you're not supposed to be able to.

We both abhor people who use glitching to disrupt the game tables, it's annoying as hell and it spoils what essentially is a harmless bit of fun for many others. Bear in mind the culprit is the bubble machine more than the Glitching. Bubble machines have disrupted doors and games amongst other things, and at one point caused problems in Xi spaces. A redesign allowing zones where bubble machines couldn't be placed, or indeed making a solid trasparent block on top of the chess tables would be a much preferred and to be frank, sensible option. There will always be glitches somewhere in home, and always ways to abuse a combination of items and glitches. Remove the possibility of abuse and the glitching itself becomes far less of an issue.

Glitching may seem boring, but I challenge you to defend the point of view that it's more boring than standing around chatting anywhere else in home. At worst, it's exactly the same (minus disrupting games). If you're just standing chatting, nothing else, how is it more boring? Until my avatar can be a plant or a little dog, it is kinda amusing sitting in a plant or plant pot talking with people dancing around you and mild confusion from some passers by. Not for kudos, but it's mldly amusing, it's an icebreaker and people generally group up and have a laugh.

You can call it stupidity, and call people idiots for doing it, but I think thats maybe a bit harsh, and judgemental. Stupidity is using glitches to disrupt games. Idiocy is thinking it makes you big or clever to glitch, or being abusive cause you don't want to explain, or you can't do it.

I'm sorry you feel it kinda spoils the illusion of home, but I think it ruins it no more than the limitations of the system do, and indeed SCEAs latest advert for home shows glitchers sitting on the rail in the shopping mall - which I have seen in real life, even with legs dangling down the dangerous side.

Disruption aside, does it spoil the illusion? Or does it add to Homes environment? I like to think the latter.

Message Edited by belazir on 22-05-2009 10:45 AM
Message Edited by belazir on 22-05-2009 10:48 AM

[ Edited ]

>one day, the voices in my head will get too loud and be overheard
>cls_

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

U_n_y_o_n

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
U_n_y_o_n
Accepted Solution

I'm with you on this one Belazir.

Personally I like to glitch and I do so simply because I get some enjoyment out of it. I suppose I could go into further depth and try to elaborate on the reasons why people might use glitches, but to be quite frank, I don't think choosing to glitch is something that needs to be justified or qualified.

Glitching is no more or less mundane and/or arbitrary than using Home the way it was intended to be. I'd even argue that it's the intended way that breaks the "illusion" more than glitching. Granted, something like floating above a stream is a bit surreal, but take something like the benches, they're only about a foot off the ground, so why wouldn't you be able to just take a step up.

I think we're all in agreement about game distruption though.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel