TedTheDog

87%
04 Rank
Progress

News update - 26th Feb

159 Replies 17,924 Views Created 26-02-2009
26 Feb 2009
By TedTheDog

Apologies for the lateness of this message, ideally it would have been posted this morning but its just back from translation. There is an awful lot going on here and some of it is represented in this news update. Your questions are welcomed unless they're about this Xi thing you keep going on about.

So, lets run through this weeks changes before giving a little more detail on what is coming relatively soon to Home

This week

Patch 1.11
This is a minor bug fix release and addresses a problem with Game Launching. If you opened the list of game sessions available at the same time one of the sessions launched it could cause a crash.

WATCHMEN
Two complete outfits for male characters and black & white t-shirts for male and female characters are now available for free from the Threads store. Some of the items are not quite ready and will follow on as soon as they are.

Clothing
Various items of free and purchasable clothing have been added

Whats coming soon

Street Fighter IV
The unlockable items are already available in Home and are rewarded for winning online matches in the game.
Purchasable outfits will be available within a few weeks.

Home Square
A slightly updated Home Square will arrive in early March, possibly as early as the 5th.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Space
This is currently being worked on and we hope to release this for you within a few weeks

SOCOM: CONFRONTATION Space
This Space is also nearly ready but a specific date for its release is not yet available, but we are expecting it within a few weeks.

Siren: Blood Curse & Resident Evil 5, Warhawk
Content for all of these have arrived here and are being prepared for SCEE's audience now. We will bring you more information on these as it becomes available.

Game Launching
Many titles are preparing support for Game Launching but this often requires a patch to their title. It is not our intention to be announcing new releases and patches to other titles here in the Home community but hope to bring you news in the coming weeks.

Music within Home
Playing your own music to others within Home is an extremely complex licensing issue that will take time to solve, if it is at all possible.
In the meantime we are investigating various ways of allowing you to play your own music to yourself. We are also talking to other 3rd parties about making their music available to you in various ways.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jjalie

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Jjalie
Accepted Solution

WOW thanks ted!

0 Kudos

Re: News update - 26th Feb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

cubehouse

• Beta Tester
87%
05 Rank
Progress
cubehouse
Accepted Solution

Thanks Ted!

Thanks for the update, sounds awesome :) I guess you won't reply to any XI related questions :p

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SKELLY7

84%
03 Rank
Progress
SKELLY7
Accepted Solution
Wow, this is amazing Ted. Oh andgood job on putting a cork in The Warhawk whiners lol
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Chris_D

• Beta Tester
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Chris_D
Accepted Solution

Wow, Thanks for the fantastic news Ted and for keeping us informed.

Big thumbs up :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TURNER_042

60%
02 Rank
Progress
TURNER_042
Accepted Solution
nice one ted, and an updated home square! cant wait
0 Kudos

like racing games, or just gaming in genaral? then come and join in the fun at : www.TheRacingElite.com

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

RenoRanes007

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
RenoRanes007
Accepted Solution
Thanks for the Update Ted!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NoFX_Caz

82%
03 Rank
Progress
NoFX_Caz
Accepted Solution

Can't complain at free stuff (even though apart from the watchmen stuff there was no free items like mentioned) to keep us busy till the promised new areas come (and there are alot you have promised) so all good :D

But why is the drake area taking so long? Surely that would be one of the easiest with it already being on the american home?

Thanks Ted

Message Edited by NoFX_Caz on 26-02-2009 06:35 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DANTHEMAN121

89%
05 Rank
Progress
DANTHEMAN121
Accepted Solution
thanks TedTheDog see i told u lot didn't i say u just got 2 believe thanks again TedTheDog
0 Kudos

dantheman121

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CAM11

92%
06 Rank
Progress
CAM11
Accepted Solution
Ted I feel so sorry for you, these last few days I've been noticing a increase of forumers whating answers and they look for you Ted. I want Ted, Ted tell us and Ted read on, its getting out of hand and by posting this thread was a good path to take cause it shuts some people up.
0 Kudos

pablologo

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

BiosNova

• Beta Tester
89%
07 Rank
Progress
BiosNova
Accepted Solution

@TedTheDog wrote:

Apologies for the lateness of this message, ideally it would have been posted this morning but its just back from translation. There is an awful lot going on here and some of it is represented in this news update. Your questions are welcomed unless they're about this Xi thing you keep going on about.

So, lets run through this weeks changes before giving a little more detail on what is coming relatively soon to Home

This week

Patch 1.11
This is a minor bug fix release and addresses a problem with Game Launching. If you opened the list of game sessions available at the same time one of the sessions launched it could cause a crash.

WATCHMEN
Two complete outfits for male characters and black & white t-shirts for male and female characters are now available for free from the Threads store. Some of the items are not quite ready and will follow on as soon as they are.

Clothing

Whats coming soon

Street Fighter IV
The unlockable items are already available in Home and are rewarded for winning online matches in the game.

Home Square
A slightly updated Home Square will arrive in early March, possibly as early as the 5th.

This is currently being worked on and we hope to release this for you within a few weeks

This Space is also nearly ready but a specific date for its release is not yet available, but we are expecting it within a few weeks.

Content for all of these have arrived here and are being prepared for SCEE's audience now. We will bring you more information on these as it becomes available.

Game Launching
Many titles are preparing support for Game Launching but this often requires a patch to their title. It is not our intention to be announcing new releases and patches to other titles here in the Home community but hope to bring you news in the coming weeks.

Music within Home
Playing your own music to others within Home is an extremely complex licensing issue that will take time to solve, if it is at all possible.
In the meantime we are investigating various ways of allowing you to play your own music to yourself. We are also talking to other 3rd parties about making their music available to you in various ways.

Wow Ted! Amazing update thanks!

Oh and ths music this.... well have you thought of just letting us play music from the XMB? I mean the the best way, we can't stream it to anyone. I thought it would have been ovious, unless there are complications though

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ColdZero2006

• Beta Tester
88%
03 Rank
Progress
ColdZero2006
Accepted Solution
good to know whats coming, and have other stuff confirmed, thanks
0 Kudos

-----------------------------------------------
https://twitter.com/#!/ColdZero2006

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

THE_CHAOS_CURSE

90%
05 Rank
Progress
THE_CHAOS_CURSE
Accepted Solution

@TedTheDog wrote:

This week

Patch 1.11

WATCHMEN

Clothing

Whats coming soon

Street Fighter IV

Home Square

Game Launching

Music within Home

brilliant, thats what we all needed

informative, neat, and waw =P

this will shut up everyone and is the info we have all been waiting for

0 Kudos

i hate the YLOD :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

C-a-v-e-M-a-n

75%
04 Rank
Progress
C-a-v-e-M-a-n
Accepted Solution
Why does some in here feel need to quote the WHOLE original post???? :(
0 Kudos

Trade, manage & discuss your EoJ cards at www.eojmanager.com

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xshane

92%
03 Rank
Progress
xshane
Accepted Solution
Yer we need music in home! Spesh my own!!

I'll check out the other stuff soon :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NoFX_Caz

82%
03 Rank
Progress
NoFX_Caz
Accepted Solution

Anyone found the "various free items of clothing" yet?

The only free stuff I see it watchmen stuff

Not complaining just think that if something is listed as a plus it should exsist ;)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

V8_Vantage

94%
04 Rank
Progress
V8_Vantage
Accepted Solution
Awesome news, thanks Ted.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

guyvernoid22

83%
04 Rank
Progress
guyvernoid22
Accepted Solution
nice good job ted :D
0 Kudos

[Status of the day: Helghan conquered!] KUDOS POWER [Clan: HKI ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Monkee52

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Monkee52
Accepted Solution
thanks for the news ted! but does this mean we are going to have atleast 2 weeks till we get any new game spaces?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DarKaoZ

24%
02 Rank
Progress
DarKaoZ
Accepted Solution
I just want to hear my music while been in home, I don't care if other people can't hear it, sometimes the music in the enviroment gets annoying, so I just want to hear my own music while chatting with friends or meeting new people when I'm not using the headset.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Stadionfeger

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Stadionfeger
Accepted Solution

will the new home square be for europe too?

or just jp and/or us?

0 Kudos

Betreff: Re: News update - 26th Feb

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel